Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    not drinking...but this bottle of champagne needs to be finished!
    gotta finish an open bottle, it is a crime not too.
  • katesp
    katesp Posts: 19
    Options
    morning all! what a boozy weekend.... : ( but also : ) lol !! Getting back on the wagon...seem to be going round and round the merry-go-round of lose a little, drink, put it back on...oh well : ) will keep moving forward!
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just checking in! I don't feel too bad that I drank a small bottle of spumante Saturday night by myself! I missed champagne Thursday (my regular) and had the bottle and no kids, so I drank while hubby and I watched a movie! Not bad, considering we would usually go out and I would down beers like there was no tomorrow!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I drank quite a bit on Saturday night. I hadn't gotten that lit in a while. The next day I felt like dirt. I was retaining water like crazy plus I looked bloated. I still sort of feel gross so I'm going to drink water all day today like it is going out of style. :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    champagne yesterday morning with DH and then I drank a whole bottle of merlot. at least I also drank a lot of water yesterday too so I don't feel too bad. Scale is up again this morning.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    not drinking...but this bottle of champagne needs to be finished!
    gotta finish an open bottle, it is a crime not too.

I agree! I never open a bottle of wine that I don't intend to finish......that's why I started buying boxes of wine, lol
  • jojoworks
    Options
    Happy Monday lushes!

I have a policy to not drink Sunday thru Thursday.....but, ummm, policies are just meant for "in general" right?

Well, yesterday I had a refrigerator space management problem and the almost empty box of wine was taking up too much room. I needed to fit my soup pot in there. So, I figured I'd drink up the little bit of remaining wine in that box....I figured it'd be no more than 2 glasses. WRONG! It was more like 4, LOL.

OH well, it tasted good! I can abide by my policy the rest of the week.

good luck y'all
    :bigsmile:
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday lushes!

I have a policy to not drink Sunday thru Thursday.....but, ummm, policies are just meant for "in general" right?

Well, yesterday I had a refrigerator space management problem and the almost empty box of wine was taking up too much room. I needed to fit my soup pot in there. So, I figured I'd drink up the little bit of remaining wine in that box....I figured it'd be no more than 2 glasses. WRONG! It was more like 4, LOL.

OH well, it tasted good! I can abide by my policy the rest of the week.

good luck y'all
    :bigsmile:

A handy tip for such situations, which got me through the whole 'gotta clean up after New Year's party' mess (I've sworn off alcohol for six weeks and still couldn't make myself throw out half full bottles of pretty good wine) - freeze the stuff.

Ice cube trays, freezer bags, whatever you have around. I'll use the wine for cooking later, but I've eliminated the temptation.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Great idea about freezing the wine! I've been thinking about making homemade vinegar with mine.

Svedka Vodka is my friend! I drank quite a bit Friday night and Saturday night (impromptu neighbor party again) and wasn't hung over on Saturday or Sunday. I didn't drink yesterday and I don't plan on drinking tonight...but we'll see.
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    I get 2 glasses of wine a week. So far I have not gone crazy and killed anyone. It's a shame too, because I've just learned to appreciate wine and like it.
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    hi everyone!

i've been on a pretty bad streak since two fridays ago....i think in about two weeks i had maybe 3-4 non drinking days. spent the weekend in NYC for my BFs 25th birthday so that was a very lushy/foodie couple of days!! hopefully ill be back on track this week.

jojo, i was reading your posts about two weeks in a row with sun-thurs off days-thats AWESOME! and oh well about yesterday- sunday is still technically the weekend LOL.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    For the second week running I'm drinking on a Monday night, 2 beers tonight. Drank a bottle of wine over the weekend but that was it so not too bad. Am planning on not drinking until Friday now, I have temptation in the shape of a bottle of red that I opened to use in dinner tonight, the rest is sitting on the side to test my will power for the rest of the week.
  • jojoworks
    Options
    hi everyone!

i've been on a pretty bad streak since two fridays ago....i think in about two weeks i had maybe 3-4 non drinking days. spent the weekend in NYC for my BFs 25th birthday so that was a very lushy/foodie couple of days!! hopefully ill be back on track this week.

jojo, i was reading your posts about two weeks in a row with sun-thurs off days-thats AWESOME! and oh well about yesterday- sunday is still technically the weekend LOL.

Thanks, LOL! I made sure I enjoyed being naughty. NYC for a birthday celebration sounds like a blast!
    Good luck hun!
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think I love you all :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back, been on a bender with family visiting this week...I didn't even count it...the number is astronomical
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks.
    I starting to frreak about starting a new job Friday but it is good freak. I have so much to do before I go back to work that I didn't get my treadmill in yesterday. must make time today.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=0 drinks
    I even had the day off and went to a mexican place for lunch and I thought about having a marg but I had other stuff to do that day. Drinking is like an event now, not something to just have at lunch!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

Monday - 0

Weekend was a bust ... too many Vodka and Cranberry to count.

Have a great tuesday all!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Start of new week, goal is less than 12 for the week...

Monday - 3 Sam Adams
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Okay, just had a second week with several good workouts at the gym, logging food/exercise every day, keeping calories where I want them to be, and no weight loss. So what's the problem? Too many of those calories are coming from alcohol. It makes no sense for me to burn 400 calories in a spin class, just to turn around and drink those calories by sipping wine all afternoon. This is why my weight has "crept up" by 35 pounds over the years, and this is where I need to focus if I'm going to make a change in my life. I want to be fit more than I want those drinks every night. This is my "giving myself a good talking to" message. Thanks for listening.