Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• yvie666
    yvie666 Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow! great support group am deffo a like minded Lush with a capital L! my immediate smiley choice on joining today was the drinker ha ha ! Absolutely love my wine - the drier the better but it certainly loads on the calories! determined to get my weight off and this is my danger area - prob is I love Danger! Futile to say I will abstain completely so going to change my occasional tipple to vodka and lime and have one expensive lush wine day a week and hope to god I can stop at one bottle...er...two? lol - will do my best and step up the fitness aspect during the week to compensate!

For remember -
    ' Work is the curse of the Drinking classes! ' Good luck this year everyone ! :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I had about 500 calories to "burn" so to speak last night and almost had a Honey Brown before bed, but I forgot, it's "Sober Week 1" this week, and if my hubby could go sans beer last night, so could I. :happy:

So, 0 on Tuesday.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Had trouble falling asleep last night, beer would have helped...but, I refrained...MUST DROP POUNDS
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    woke up sick. sore throat, swollen glands. an excuse to have brandy, lemon and honey.

Hey, you've got to have your medicine when you are sick!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    still feeling like crap and the scale keeps creeping up. I am so pissed!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    This is my second night alcohol free this week. I have over 800 calories left to play with as I've done lots of exercise and eaten really healthily today, now that would be a nice few glasses of wine if I wasn't on a non drinking day :huh:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    My count so far:
    0 Tuesday
    0 Wednesday

Last night was hard because hubby is back in grad school on Wednesday nights so I had both kids to feed, bathe, get in bed, etc. Then, I also had the neighbor kid because his mom works past the time his day care is open some nights and I pick him up for her. So, I had a 7 year old, a 4 year old, and a 2 year old all running around crazy! Fortunately, they all get along pretty well. I did, however, wish for a glass of wine but I didn't.
  • rjadams
    Options
    good job Amy

I have really got to get it together. I will try starting again today. It is just a matter of mind over matter and a few days of good clean eating. DH hid all the chocolate last night so I wouldn't be tempted any more.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well last night I caved. Nothing like a whinning 2yo. I didn't even have much ... about an ounce of Irish Cream ... wish I had some Vodka in the house ... that would have been better!

@rjadams - You can get back on track in no time! ... Lets start today.
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    good job Amy

I have really got to get it together. I will try starting again today. It is just a matter of mind over matter and a few days of good clean eating. DH hid all the chocolate last night so I wouldn't be tempted any more.

Hey, you can do this! You have been working out a lot lately, keep it up! Before my daughters wedding several years ago, I kicked it up into high gear. I seem to do better if I have a big event to look good for. (my weight watcher's leader said I need "more events") Got your dress?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    last night was happy hour/dinner before The King's Speech (good movie). I had a drink called the hulk. I don't know why it's called that, it is made with pineapple Skyye vodka and vanilla vodka and then a little pineapple juice. Really yum. then I had an amber ale. and then I had popcorn at the theater. I think it's like that story-if you give a mouse a cookie, only it's me and booze and then everything I eat...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    UUUUGGGGHHHH, epic failure.....

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Wednesday, 8 drinks
    3:30 PM, 1 pre-shopping flirtini with GF...6:30 PM, 34 oz Sam Adams at the restaurant with hubs...8:00 PM, let the good times keep rolling, 3 more bottles of Sam at home...doesn't a normal person just STOP???

Thursday, 0 drinks
  • rjadams
    Options
    good job Amy

Hey, you can do this! You have been working out a lot lately, keep it up! Before my daughters wedding several years ago, I kicked it up into high gear. I seem to do better if I have a big event to look good for. (my weight watcher's leader said I need "more events") Got your dress?
    I have to go to the seamstress tomorrow for my final fitting. DH really liked the dress so I had to make it work.
  • rjadams
    Options

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Wednesday, 8 drinks
    3:30 PM, 1 pre-shopping flirtini with GF...6:30 PM, 34 oz Sam Adams at the restaurant with hubs...8:00 PM, let the good times keep rolling, 3 more bottles of Sam at home...doesn't a normal person just STOP???

Thursday, 0 drinks
    Kim, at least you have your 0 days. I haven't had any of those lately. and I am just like you, it goes down so easy. I sometimes wish it didn't.
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    I'd post my weekly "progress" but I have a feeling someone would direct me to AA... *sigh* I need to knock off the b00000ze
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'd post my weekly "progress" but I have a feeling someone would direct me to AA... *sigh* I need to knock off the b00000ze

That's why I'm doing it...hoping that shame will help control my behavior
  • nisijam5
    Options

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Wednesday, 8 drinks

Thursday, 0 drinks
    Kim, at least you have your 0 days. I haven't had any of those lately. and I am just like you, it goes down so easy. I sometimes wish it didn't.

I KNOW!!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    the phone interview went really really well. I have a contingent job offer for a contract job starting next week. After 20 months of unemployment, I am thrilled!
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello LUSHES!!!!!!!!! and welcome to all the newcomers!!!

I've had a successful 2 weeks with my "no drinks during the week" policy and I believe my weight loss these two weeks will serve as a great motivator to stay the course. In the last 2 weeks I've had 3 days of what I call NEW ALL TIME LOW weights on the scale and this week will be a NEW ALL TIME LOW weekly average!!!! This week I included Sunday as a no drink day, so the program will be no drinks Sunday thru Thursday......looking forward to Friday!!!! :wink:

I'm going to try to exercise restraint over the weekend. But I will be having some wine. Restraint for me is NO BEER.

During the week to break my old routine of sipping red wine during my very lengthy hot bath I've been taking a pot of tea and a giant glass of ice water in there with me. Then I brush my teeth!

I saw someone say they're not sleepy at night on no drink nights. I take a benedryl (its the very same active ingredient as in any OTC night time sleep medications). I also listen to weight-loss deep relaxation self-hypnosis CD's on no drink nights.....always puts me right to sleep!

good luck all!!!
    JoJo
  • onefunnybroad
    Options
    I'm so getting into this group right now. I sing/work in the most popular gay bar in my town and so there's almost always a drink in my hand. I'm a singer in the Friday Night Diva Show, which is a variety show with drag queens and drag kings and live singers and sexy dancers - it's so much fun. I've set new rules for myself with my drinking - switched to calorie free mixers alternating water with each cocktail, and remembering to dance on the dance floor whenever I can to burn off the extra. My current favorite is gin and diet 7-up with an extra lime squeeze. It's almost a gin and tonic, but without the extra calories. On Saturdays I'm just kind of all-over help - running ice when the bar back is busy or whatever, but sometimes I'm the Jell-o shot girl and people are always wanting to buy me shots. And we definitely don't use sugar free Jell-o. I've been telling them I can't drink while I'm working but I'll be sure and save it for later. So, it's not the drinking that really gets me....it's when I get home with all my friends and everyone wants to order pizza and there's very little else in the house to eat because I always forget to go grocery shopping....

But, so far, I'm down 5.2 pounds since January 1st. Just gotta keep at it, right??