Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So after one week of tracking every calorie, getting to the gym 4 days, and eating very healthfully, I'm only down .6 lbs. I think the wine has really got to go, at least a few days a week. Face to face with reality here....

i'm coming to the same conclusion. wine has to go- not forever necessarily, but at least for a while until i start to see what is going to make a difference in my weight loss. wanna be pals and check on each other? one day at a time... then we can see what a difference a week makes. if that seems to work, then we'll try another week:drinker: dl
    [/quote]

I'm in...I know the reality of the booze that needs to go...it's just implementing it that's the problem
    [/quote]

okey dokey, then. wanna check in in the evenings? what time zone are you in? evenings is when i go off the rails...if it's gonna happen:tongue:
  • lilmommy
    Options
    What a Great group! I hate that I enjoy winding down at the end of my day with a couple drinks :( it's completely sabotaging my diet and my weight loss efforts. I plan on changing this today!! Hopefully I can feel proud in the morning rather then dissapointed that I couldn't follow through. Good luck to you all!!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Monday. Diet starts
    Tuesday to Thursday. Still going good
    Friday. It's the weekend. I deserve a drink. But I'm on a diet! But one won't hurt. Or two. Damn, how did that happen? Oooh a 2nd bottle.
    Early hours of saturday. Willpower has been killed by Pinot. Head is welded to fridge.
    Saturday lunchtime. Get up, feel crap, eat bacon. Still feel crap. More bacon. Yum yum
    Sunday. Oh well, ruined the weekend now, big fat takeaway and I'll start again tomorrow. Better finish that wine so it's out of theway.

Repeat.

And that is why I am not drinking at all! (wish I was one of those people who can enjoy just a glass or two)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday. Diet starts
    Friday. It's the weekend. I deserve a drink. But I'm on a diet! But one won't hurt. Or two. Damn, how did that happen? Oooh a 2nd bottle.
    Early hours of saturday. Willpower has been killed by Pinot. Head is welded to fridge.
    Saturday lunchtime. Get up, feel crap, eat bacon. Still feel crap. More bacon. Yum yum
    Sunday. Oh well, ruined the weekend now, big fat takeaway and I'll start again tomorrow. Better finish that wine so it's out of theway.

Repeat.

And that is why I am not drinking at all! (wish I was one of those people who can enjoy just a glass or two)

Do we live together?
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    Monday. Diet starts

Repeat.

Do we live together?

Honestly... We could be roomates =D I have still been within my calories even with a couple of drinks until.... the weeeeekend..... BCS Championship, 12+ College Friends Fyling in from Oregon/California, welll... Im sure you can figure out the rest. It's time to hit the gym twice as hard this week!
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    Hello lushes :)

Well last week was a pretty good week for me. 0 drinks Mon-Thurs and I did OK over the weekend as well.

Hopefully I can stick to this plan for this week but I'm going to have dinner with my high school girlfriends tonight...so that is going to be a touch one!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Oh well, I've had a JD and coke last night and some bucks fizz tonight but that'll be it until next weekend.
    It's great to see people on here figuring out what works for them, some can still drink and still lose weight but for others the option is to cut it out entirely for a while. For me I've found that the alcohol itself doesn't have much impact on my weight as long as I'm sensible and don't drink every night, like many others though my challenge is not to eat junk along with it!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Major lush overhaul checking in

Sunday - 0 drinks
    Monday - 0 drinks

Wednesday - the DTs should start

Oh, BTW, took care of someone going thru withdrawls for the past 3 days...do you think that would make me change my evil ways...NO...had to push serious amounts of valium and still could hardly control him...OY VAY
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That final bottle of champagne 8 days ago seems like a very distant memory. Think this is the longest I've gone for years. Now just to convince my dad to stop buying me bottles of vodka
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can really relate to so many of these posts! Yes, the wine is sabotaging my weight loss progress, and yes, it's the only way I've learned to unwind at the end of the day. I'm all for checking in here in the evening for motivation (and maybe some alternatives). It's crazy to spend an hour in the gym in the morning just to work off the alcohol calories I'm going to consume later that day.

This is the first time I've ever found a weight loss support group struggling with the same issues I'm facing.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! This week was supposed to be Hubby's and my sober week, but we're starting today because he wanted to have a few beers while watching the BCS game last night.

We only had 1 bottle of wine at dinner Saturday night (between 4 of us) but I made up for it at the bar afterwards!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    split a bottle of wine last night...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    half empty bottle of port was calling my name last night. I answered. :blushing:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello lushes, checking in to see how you are going. Looks like the normal ups and downs.

I have been looking at a liver cleansing diet, of course there is no booze on it so it will never work for me :laugh: but am thinking of incorporating some of the other tips. Facing reality that I will be drinking so might as well try some things to help the poor liver.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hello lushes, checking in to see how you are going. Looks like the normal ups and downs.

I have been looking at a liver cleansing diet, of course there is no booze on it so it will never work for me :laugh: but am thinking of incorporating some of the other tips. Facing reality that I will be drinking so might as well try some things to help the poor liver.

Milk Thistle...I had a patient that ate random mushrooms from a park...fried their livers and one of the supplements was the milk thistle...other than that, I don't know how you cleanse a liver since that one of it jobs that it performs
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    woke up sick. sore throat, swollen glands. an excuse to have brandy, lemon and honey.
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Ice storm followed by snow. Sipping Canadian Whiskey, schedule off kilter. Still feeling okay about the day's calories.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Checking in lushes....

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...so far

Weigh in on Saturday which will force me to be good on Friday:cry:
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Really, really wanted a glass of wine tonight with dinner. Not sure "why" (but do you have to have a reason?), but I resisted. Having a friend (date? think so...) over for dinner tomorrow, so will prob split a bottle then:smooched: it's all about planning ahead! think the bottle i will drink is one i bought this summer. right across the bottom of the bottle it says:
    "chastity, like temperance, is it's own punishment" :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    "chastity, like temperance, is it's own punishment" :laugh:
    I like that! 4 beers tonight. I think I have more drinking days than non-drinking days! I did exercise and have exercised almost everyday since Jan. 3, so that makes up for it...