Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    tuesday = 0
    Wednesday = 0

I am on a roll for me. and I WILL do it again today.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    bump

Where have you been? :drinker:

Robin, you are doing great!!!

I was aiming for 0 last night, but the neighbors came over and had dinner so I had a Skinny B, but I stopped at one and made it a single.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Today is champagne Thursday, for those of you wondering! 2 glasses for me tonight before bed, my "treat"!
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Lushes!!! I have not been able to follow my topics due to taking care of my boyfriend's business while he was down and out from surgery. I am back. :bigsmile: However, at my Crossfit gym we are doing a 30 day Paleo challenge so no alcohol in my sights until February. I shall live vicariously through you!!

Over the holidays I drank some yummy cocktails. My fave was a Pom Cosmo - Vanilla Stoli, Pomegranate juice, cointreau, and lime. YUM!! However, high in cals. That will be a VERY special treat for me when I am not doing strict Paleo.

Cheers to you all!
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Bump
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am proud to say that green tea has now overtaken white wine in my most used list for drinks :happy:
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been doing great so far, no alcohol for the first six days of January.

A little apprehensive about tomorrow, though. We have a kick-off at work tomorrow afternoon, and there will be plenty of wine and beer to go around. Hope I can stick to my mineral water!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Wednesday=0 drinks!
    I really wanted to drink something, but I didn't. tonight I am looking forward to having the DVR to myself to catch up on my stories-What not to Wear, Intervention, and Desperate Housewives. DH is going to the hockey game. I might drink something if it fits in with my cals, we'll see.
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    Ha! That's a victorias secret model :) Pretty sure she probably doesnt drink with a body like that! lol
  • amysj303
    Options
    Ha! That's a victorias secret model :) Pretty sure she probably doesnt drink with a body like that! lol
    Because crack is a better weightloss drug:laugh:
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    Definitely going to have to sign myself up for this one... hic'cup
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well yesterday was day 4 of zero drinks for me! Its the longest I have gone without having at least one drink in a while :) I've been drinking seltzer and lime like crazy- I find it's a good substitute!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everyone who is maintaining their drink-free goals! :heart:

I didn't drink last night...and I should have! My Student Council kids are putting on the annual school Talent Show tonight and we had a disastrous dress rehearsal last night. :drinker:
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who hasn't had a drink. I also haven't had a drink since Sunday and goodness this week has been rough.

Its the weekend baby!!!! .... Hopefully I won't do too bad, but I will be having a Vodka and Cran for lunch!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Tuesday -0
    Wednesday -0
    Thursday -0

I did it. now I am not sure about tonight. I am allowed to have wine tonight but I feel so much better. I finally slept really well last night and I know its because I finally detoxed. such a dilema, stay clean or enjoy my beloved wine.
  • amysj303
    Options
    wow! congrats to those of you maintaining your sobriety;) I should have not drank last night but I was just really wanting a drink to chill and unwind by myself. I mixed tequila with club soda and lime. It was a pretty poor substitute for a marg, but oh well... I have worked out every day this week.
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Tonight I impressed myself. I got through the work function drinking nothing but mineral water. And as a result, I didn't hit the tapas buffet too hard, either. I am pleased, and even have some calories left for popcorn!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! I plan on having a couple of beers or some wine tonight but not too much. I am snowshoeing for the first time this season tomorrow and need to have all my energy. Tomorrow night will be a different story I'm sure. I love to reward myself for tough outdoor activities! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Great job everyone! I plan on having a couple of beers or some wine tonight but not too much. I am snowshoeing for the first time this season tomorrow and need to have all my energy. Tomorrow night will be a different story I'm sure. I love to reward myself for tough outdoor activities! :drinker:
    sounds like fun. I really want to try it sometime. I heard that tomorrow was free snowshoe day a lot of places.
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    Please go get your mammogram Karin!!