Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but this group is a perfect fiit for me! All of my empty calories come from alcohol. I've got 30 lbs to lose, and the only way to do it is to add regular exercise and cut down on the drinks in the evenings. How do I "join" this group, and how do I find your posts without having to do a search in the community section?
  • katesp
    katesp Posts: 19
    Options
    hello and welcome! i'm very new too : ) just by posting here you've joined, if you go to the 'community' tab, then click on 'message boards' and then 'my posts' you'll be able to find us again, and you'll get to the end of the thread rather than the beginning : )
  • katesp
    katesp Posts: 19
    Options
    ps no booze today! feeling great!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I had two Skinny B!tches (with vodka, juice of 1 lime, 1 lemon and club soda) last night but that's it. I also did a 60 minute yoga workout and the TurboFire "Fire 30" workout yesterday, so I don't feel too bad about the booze. The yummy, panko-crusted, fried fish tacos I made last night are a different story altogether... :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am getting down to it. so I will not have any alcohol today. I CAN DO THIS.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Yes you can!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Happy new year! I am very happy to say that I started out my New Year as the DD. :happy: I consider that a very good sign. Did I mention I have never been a DD before? Ever. Saturday I had a bottle of wine but I stopped there instead of cracking open the Blue Moon that was in the fridge for me. I have been working out pretty hard the past couple of weeks to counter-act all the food and beer I consumed over Christmas. I weighed myself today finally and I have gained 8 pounds back since November. :frown: I know it is all my fault and I am not getting too down on myself. I have started 2011 in a good way. Let's hope this trend continues.

I wish all my fellow Lushes a fantastic 2011! :drinker:
  • AMHA32
    AMHA32 Posts: 23
    Options
    Is it bad that my first ever post on these boards is to this topic?? Haha...

My drink of choice is red wine...I exercise just to drink it! However, my resolution for at least the month of January is to not drink Sun-Thurs.

Good luck everyone!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=0 drinks
    Probably will drink tonight, but should be able to avoid it for the rest of the week!
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of no-booze January and going sort of strong! I know that the night is still young, but I would have hit it by now if I was going to. Besides, I have an article to write. How's everyone else doing?
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year my fellow lushes!

Welcome to all the new people, good luck with your drinking days off (DDO) and weight challenges.

Robin, did I read that you were going to Las Vegas at the end of the month and your daughter is getting married? Same time same place or is this two different events? My daughter got married at MGM in 2008 and we had a fabulous time.

Karin, I'm with you, 2011 goals are getting to the doctor, dentist etc but not sure if I will get up the nerve for the colonoscopy. Frankly from your picture I thought you were WAAAAAY too young for that.

For you new people, we (DH and I) don't have the social drinking problem, we do all of ours at home with each other. (ah, sweet love :flowerforyou: ) snort Our goal for January is to have 10 DDO (drinking days off) and then go from there. We seem to do better counting up the days NOT drinking. 1 down, 9 to go.

Off to watch Biggest Loser as I unpack the normal dishes and pack up the Christmas dishes. My tree is still up but no ornaments, seems we just can't bear to take it down each year. I keep saying I am just going to leave it up and put Valentine hearts, then St Patrick shammrocks, spring flowers, etc on it. But then it wouldn't be "special" for Christmas. One year maybe I will do a small tree like that. I sure do miss the twinkly lights.
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    0 drinks for me last night. I got all the Christmas decorations packed away accept for the tree that is still sitting in my living room also. I am kind of relieved that the Holidays are over, way too much booze and sugar. Now I have 26 days until the hubby's bday and Vegas. Trying to get through the week without any alcohol. Wish me luck!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Robin, did I read that you were going to Las Vegas at the end of the month and your daughter is getting married? Same time same place or is this two different events? My daughter got married at MGM in 2008 and we had a fabulous time.
    My daughter lives in Vegas. She basically grew up there so it won't be a "typical" Vegas wedding. It just happens to be where her fiance's family and most of her family live along with the bride and groom.
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Okay, I am getting down to it. so I will not have any alcohol today. I CAN DO THIS.

Well??????
  • ksnj2
    ksnj2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!! I've found my people!! :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    0 drinks for me last night.
  • rjadams
    Options

Well??????

Drum roll please .......... Tuesday = 0 drinks!!!!!!!!!

So now on to Wednesday. I worked my *kitten* off yesterday and it felt really good so I hope to get another 10 miles on the treadmill and an hour of strength training in today.
  • ksnj2
    ksnj2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new at using myfitnesspal but I used another online support group when I lost 30+ pounds 3 years ago so I'm very excited to give this a go! I don't have a drinking problem, I drink, I get drunk, I fall down, no problem! Just kidding! :wink: It seems that ever since my kids have become independent (20 and 22 years old now) my husband and I have started to 'hang out' with friends again at different bars and restaurants. One of my best friends is a bartender so we go see her whenever she works. We entertain at home quite a bit also. I have to find a way to work social drinking into my 'healthy' lifestyle. I hope I can get assistance with that here ..... having said that I haven't had a drink since New Years Eve. Tonight I'm going to MSG to a New York Ranger game so I'm hoping the price on the beers ($10+ for a draft) will keep me from falling off this week's wagon!
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to so many of you here, and I'm happy to join you.
    I had 2 glasses of red wine last night -- measured, enjoyed, and logged in the food journal.
    This is a huge change from the endless "sipping" I usually do at night.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    last yr I totally drank my calories worth daily. Drinking gluten free beer and wine daily..then of course the food that comes with it (chips and salsa) This yr I have to cut back!