Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I love my wine too but since I've joined I get still get to have it by tracking my calories. I also exercise which gives me those extra calories a day to have my wine.

I enjoy it too much to give it up so I will work for it if it means burning extra calories or cutting back on my meals during the day without going hungry!
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Can you send your recipe?
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    yesterday was bad. I enjoyed quite a bit of cherry rum. oh well. lots of salty foods too. just not good. :sad:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've been lushy 3 times this week...been really good with food...but, it's always the booze that gets me

Ideally, I going to aim to be booze-free this week...but would be happy with a count between 1 and 10...I am going to report here everyday
  • rjadams
    Options
    I've been lushy 3 times this week...been really good with food...but, it's always the booze that gets me

Ideally, I going to aim to be booze-free this week...but would be happy with a count between 1 and 10...I am going to report here everyday
    glad you are back. I missed you!
  • nisijam5
    Options

glad you are back. I missed you!

Thanks, holidays, hubs surgery, work and kids about killed me...they kept him on crutches for 4 more weeks...OY VAY...told him that I have earned a girls' weekend away. However, I still need to just be accountable. Why do I have no willpower???
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am feeling bummed today. I am trying to talk myself into going to the gym, or fixing a bloody mary. Hmm, which will make me feel better?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am feeling bummed today. I am trying to talk myself into going to the gym, or fixing a bloody mary. Hmm, which will make me feel better?

Both? Is that a trick question
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    rose, I am glad your strategy is working for you. I can't do that because I have a super lush of a hubby who still weighs all of 150 just like he did 35 years ago. :grumble: so it is always in the house.

LOL- my skinny-butt husband has gained all of 4 lbs in the 26 years I have known him, dammit, and he keeps himself pretty well stocked at home. But at my request, the only beer and wine he keeps in the house is stuff I can't stand-- so it's a compromise of sorts!
  • rjadams
    Options
    rose, I am glad your strategy is working for you. I can't do that because I have a super lush of a hubby who still weighs all of 150 just like he did 35 years ago. :grumble: so it is always in the house.

LOL- my skinny-butt husband has gained all of 4 lbs in the 26 years I have known him, dammit, and he keeps himself pretty well stocked at home. But at my request, the only beer and wine he keeps in the house is stuff I can't stand-- so it's a compromise of sorts!
    nice, unfortunately hubs and I really enjoy the same thing.
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Discovered a new awesome combo: Chocolate Vita-top & champagne...................................happiness!
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    One strategy I've been trying is just not keeping it in the house paired with my basic cheapskate personality.

If I have to go out to a restaurant or bar to drink, then (a) I have to do so deliberately and I avoid mindless sipping at home which has had the tendency of adding up to some serious calories in the course of an evening; and (b) because it chaps my cheeks so much to pay $4 for a premium pint at my favorite brewpub or $5+ for a glass of wine or a margarita at a restaurant, my cheapskate nature limits me to one or two drinks when I go out.

Been doing this for about a month, and so far, it seems to be working. I'm down to about 2 drinks on our weekly Thursday date night; and one or two on either Fri or Sat out with "the gang."

(Oh, and if anyone is wondering, the profile pic is NOT me on a bender. . . it's me in community theater playing a brassy talent agent)

I love your profile photo!! Would you believe I am able to purchase a split of champagne (which equals to about a glass and a half) for the same price as a glass of wine at most restaurants.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

haha. I did workout, I didn't feel better, now I am drinking!
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    So after one week of tracking every calorie, getting to the gym 4 days, and eating very healthfully, I'm only down .6 lbs. I think the wine has really got to go, at least a few days a week. Face to face with reality here....
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all....

I had too many vodka and cran's to count this weekend.

Of course my goal is to stay alcohol free this week!
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So after one week of tracking every calorie, getting to the gym 4 days, and eating very healthfully, I'm only down .6 lbs. I think the wine has really got to go, at least a few days a week. Face to face with reality here....

i'm coming to the same conclusion. wine has to go- not forever necessarily, but at least for a while until i start to see what is going to make a difference in my weight loss. wanna be pals and check on each other? one day at a time... then we can see what a difference a week makes. if that seems to work, then we'll try another week:drinker: dl
  • nisijam5
    Options

i'm coming to the same conclusion. wine has to go- not forever necessarily, but at least for a while until i start to see what is going to make a difference in my weight loss. wanna be pals and check on each other? one day at a time... then we can see what a difference a week makes. if that seems to work, then we'll try another week:drinker: dl

I'm in...I know the reality of the booze that needs to go...it's just implementing it that's the problem
  • nisijam5
    Options

haha. I did workout, I didn't feel better, now I am drinking!

Well, you used the process of elimination...good job
  • rjadams
    Options
    Its Monday. We can do this. I had way too much wine last night. and more cherry rum during the day. gotta stop it. Where the hell is my willpower?
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I did great on Friday night. Made my own pizza and only had one beer and a vodka and soda. Went for a looooong hike Saturday and burned 1500 calories. Promptly put back on said calories with a steak and cheese calzone, 3 bud lights, 2 weizens, and a car bomb. It was a good day. :wink: