Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I need a few glasses of wine whenever my step daughter is around and up until recently had a glass or two most nights. Now I am only drinking on weekends and step kid visiting nights which has almost halved my alcohol consumption yay go me :laugh:

I have full-time kids which drives me to drink daily...good job on decreasing comsumption

Cando, good job on the scale moving...I'm thinking today needs to be the day that I buck down...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I need a few glasses of wine whenever my step daughter is around and up until recently had a glass or two most nights. Now I am only drinking on weekends and step kid visiting nights which has almost halved my alcohol consumption yay go me :laugh:

I have full-time kids which drives me to drink daily...good job on decreasing comsumption

Cando, good job on the scale moving...I'm thinking today needs to be the day that I buck down...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I was just innocently cooking dinner when this bottle of chardonnay I had gotten for christmas started screaming at me to drink it. the only way I could shut it up was to open it and drink the whole thing.:bigsmile: it went really well with the Kale, white bean and chicken stew I had mixed up.

debbie glad your sil is safe
    Kim - I have gained a lot back too. I hate that I can't control it. tomorrow I start working so I guess I start a whole new chapter in the drink, eat, work and workout thing we call life.

I have so much to do today i am not sure I will have time to hop on the dreadmill but I will try later this evening.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Mcdebbie, I'm so glad your son-in-law was found and I hope he is getting the help he needs!

Well, last night the box of wine was not just calling to me but it was singing and making suggestive come-hither noises as well. I actually walked into the kitchen to grab my wine glass and instead grabbed a banana and some sunflower seeds. It was kind of a calorie barter....180 food cals instead of booze cals and an assumption that I'd stick to 1 banana and 1 helping of sunnies as opposed to the very likely chance I'd have more than 1 glass of wine.

friday is almost here!!! I'm gonna stop at the liquor store and buy a 6-pack of this new organic extra bitter beer I found (a 6-pack is a huge improvement of the quantities I normally buy!). The box of wine is already on board and ready to be fondled.

have a happy weekend lushes!
    JoJo
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi all,

The box of wine is already on board and ready to be fondled.

have a happy weekend lushes!
    JoJo

Better than a man or a dog...it won't fall asleep on you and you don't have to let it out
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow. Giving up booze really helps with weight loss!

I've been sober since January 1. Went on the scales at the gym with my trainer today. I lost 1.6 kilos in ten days - that's three and a half pounds to those of you non-metrically inclined. And I really don't have a huge amount to lose.

Just to cheer you all up. It does work! Totally worth it, though those beers in the fridge have been calling for me really loudly for the past couple of days. I can resist them (yes! I! can!)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    See, the thing is...I don't want to give up my drinks. I definitely think posting here has helped me cut back, but there's no way I want to give it up completely. I mentioned on my blog, "I'm vodka's b!tch...I just can't quit it." :drinker: :laugh:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am so depressed. This is not a good thing. I've been trying to not drink, and have been sucessful for 6 days in Dec. and a couple days this week. I relented last night, had been anxious all day. Mom passed Dec 12, I've been unemployed for a year, and I can't seem to get up the energy to do anything. I've worked all my life; this not seeing anybody for days is crazy. Going out cost money. Sorry to be so down. I know I need to make goals and follow them. I did make an appt with a new doctor as my dr of 10 years seems oblivious to helping/partnering with me on my health goals. So I guess that is a start. Looking forward to Feb 4th for first appt.
  • barberella
    Options
    I definitely need to be part of this group! I am an avid Whiskey drinker myself. Many of my friends go out, and that's how I see a lot of them. I live in Madison, WI, and this is the culture...And since I have to "share" my daughter with her dad, it's a few nights a week, me and the man can indulge in some happy hours. However, I am finding that more and more, I would rather go home and exercise than hit the bar. So, that's good, I think. Plus, I try to eat before I go so I don't pick at the bar food. I think that's how I gained so much weight this summer. Drinking and hitting that drive thru, or eating at friend's BBQs after drinking a few and my inhibitions are down. But NOT anymore!
  • Reia80
    Reia80 Posts: 7
    Options
    Good group! It's so hard to control caloric intake when alcohol is involved. I find that even if I have a little, not only do the extra calories from the drinks screw me up, I end up eating more that night and the day after, and really unhealthy stuff too! I'm glad to see other people acknowledge it. I haven't been drinking during the week, but hopefully I can keep that up! Cheers!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Have resisted drinking the red wine again despite using some in my pasta sauce tonight. Guess it helps that I don't feel well and am so bunged up I can't smell or taste things properly though.
  • lefrance12
    Options
    See, the thing is...I don't want to give up my drinks. I definitely think posting here has helped me cut back, but there's no way I want to give it up completely. I mentioned on my blog, "I'm vodka's b!tch...I just can't quit it." :drinker: :laugh:

I am right there with ya and then some! I have to have my 1800 also, bottoms up!!!! :love: 2:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    Wednesday=0 drinks

anddd i got up this morning before work to do my Jillian Michaels DVD. I'm not sure how much I like her at 7 AM though :laugh:

I'm happy to have a "drying out" day to put the weekend behind me...we'll see about tonight...it is jersey shore after all.....yes I watch it, and yes I'm ashamed :blushing: LOL

I agree about not wanting to give up the drinks. People always say "everything in moderation, dont deprive yourself"- but then those same people will also say dont drink- why does that line of thought only apply to people who unwind with chocolate or chips or other treats?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The lushiness continues into Wednesday...

Monday...2 happy hours, holiday and out of town guests (8)
    Tuesday....1 and 3/4 sam adams, 1 bud light (2.75)
    Wednesday...48 oz of sam adams (4)

Total: 14.75, jeez, the week isn't even half over....Obviously, I am not trying to lose weight or control my alcoholism

Monday...Sam Adams (3)
    Wednesday...48 oz of sam adams at BWW (4)

Total: 9.75, not sure I feel better; but, I had to edit, Sunday was the happy hour day
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

my sentiments exactly
  • Dudesmum
    Dudesmum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

May I join you? I too save myself calories so I can have my red wine! Its not that I can't give it up for my diet, I can, I just don't want too!!:laugh: I think it would be a big fat lie to myself and completely unattainable to say I'd never drink again, so I allow for it as part of my usually 'healthy varied diet'.

Jo x
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Count me in.. I created a seperate meal category named "Beverages" where you'll frequently see red wine. I'm so accustomed to have a few glasses in the evening I figured I had to start logging it and being honest. I will also pull back on my food calories knowing I'm going to waste calories on the evening wine. But I'm trying to limit it. Good to see I'm not the only one!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday...Sam Adams (3)
    Wednesday...48 oz of sam adams at BWW (4)
    Thursday...5 glasses of wine and 1 skinny margarita (6)

Total: 15.75

My poor liver is suffering this week
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I dropped the red wine out of my daily diet this week, and the scale started to move.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to have a "drying out" day to put the weekend behind me...we'll see about tonight...it is jersey shore after all.....yes I watch it, and yes I'm ashamed :blushing: LOL
    My husband and I watch it with the neighbors...it's our "Thursday Night T-Shirt Time" which usually includes shots of Tuaca. :drinker:
    I agree about not wanting to give up the drinks. People always say "everything in moderation, dont deprive yourself"- but then those same people will also say dont drink- why does that line of thought only apply to people who unwind with chocolate or chips or other treats?
    Ditto ^that^. I don't really eat chocolate, cake, cookies, ice cream, etc. I prefer my snacks salty and my drinks boozy!