Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    tuesday = way too much vodka. i don't even have a reason why, I just did.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I was going to do 0 drinks on Monday, but forgot it was a Monday night "T-Shirt Time" with the neighbors. (Yes, we're Jersey Shore *kitten*...I'm so ashamed!) and you can't watch it without drinking. So, I had a couple drinks and a couple shots.

Last night, 0. Going for 0 tonight as well.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night it wasn;t the booze really, my friend picked up Chik fil A to eat while watching Weeds, it might have been ok but she got me the lemonade and a peppermint shake. Undid all my hard work at the gym, and then some. Later I had one Bud Light, what is the point of that?!
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Ok, my resolve was going fine and then today a client who we got a good deal for, delivered a case of wine to me. Including (worst of all) my absolute favourite Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc - usually too expensive unless it's a real treat.

Now it's sitting in my office staring at me and saying "Drink me drink me"!!!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    dear god please everybody pray for my son in law who has been missing since last night
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    dear god please everybody pray for my son in law who has been missing since last night

I will pray for him and you for his well-being...so very scary
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    Saturday: ?
    Sunday: ?
    Monday: 0
    Tuesday: 0

Let's see if I can make it until Friday ;D
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    UGH is all I have to say about the beginning of this week. Monday was OK, I drank some wine but I also worked out and stayed within my calories. Last night was terrible...went to dinner with BFs family for his birthday and drank about 3 1/2 glasses of wine....then we went out with friends and ended up drinking about 5 beers :( Took a cab home on a weeknight and felt terrible all day at work today.

Does anyone else get the post-alcohol blahs the next day? I cant stop beating myself up over drinking too much and im feeling so depressed today :(

PS-mcdebbie, i'll be praying for your son in law's safe return.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So sorry that you're going through such emotional turmoil right now Debbie--I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your son-in-law.

I try not to beat myself up too much if I over-indulge with the drinks because, for me, it starts a downward spiral. Instead, I just look at each day as that--a day. (Rather than the "day after".)
  • amysj303
    Options
    Please keep us updated, I hope everything is ok.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Does anyone else get the post-alcohol blahs the next day? I cant stop beating myself up over drinking too much and im feeling so depressed today :(
    If I drink too much I get hungover, but I will also get this anxious/sad feeling. I don't know if it is the alcohol. I always joked that alcohol is only a depressent if you run out!
    also, I know that I drink to feel better when I am anxious or depressed so maybe when I sober up it is just those same feelings returning, but with a headache:tongue:
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If I drink too much I get hungover, but I will also get this anxious/sad feeling. I don't know if it is the alcohol. I always joked that alcohol is only a depressent if you run out!
    also, I know that I drink to feel better when I am anxious or depressed so maybe when I sober up it is just those same feelings returning, but with a headache:tongue:

I think you're right. Alcohol is definitely a depressant, and once you sober up again the next day...usually all the same icky feelings are still there. Guess it's better to deal with the icky feelings up front, but I'm certainly no one to act like I'm good at that game!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Date-night out at favorite cheap mexican restaurant report:

Drink order: one 16-oz margarita plus 1 extra shot of tequila (I figure I've already "paid" the calorie price for the mixer. . . why not get my calories' worth.. . ). Dinner was TWO (yes, TWO, not twelve, not twenty) tortilla chips, and chicken chile colorado (chicken breast and enchilada sauce only--no sides), and I finished my day satisfyingly margaritaed and UNDER my calorie goal!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Date-night out at favorite cheap mexican restaurant report:

Drink order: one 16-oz margarita plus 1 extra shot of tequila (I figure I've already "paid" the calorie price for the mixer. . . why not get my calories' worth.. . ). Dinner was TWO (yes, TWO, not twelve, not twenty) tortilla chips, and chicken chile colorado (chicken breast and enchilada sauce only--no sides), and I finished my day satisfyingly margaritaed and UNDER my calorie goal!
    way to go.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Please keep us updated, I hope everything is ok.
    ditto
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The lushiness continues into Wednesday...

Monday...2 happy hours, holiday and out of town guests (8)
    Tuesday....1 and 3/4 sam adams, 1 bud light (2.75)
    Wednesday...48 oz of sam adams (4)

Total: 14.75, jeez, the week isn't even half over....Obviously, I am not trying to lose weight or control my alcoholism

Tonight, no drinks and join the local gym...I need to change something, I've been off track since the Thanksgiving holiday...gaining EVERYTHING back
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    son-in-law is home safe physically, seems to have had a major stress induced mental breakdown but is getting help. thank you all for your prayers, I went to everyplace I could think of asking for them.

Oddly, once we knew he was safe I thought we would be drinking in relief but guess the stress was too much and we just went to bed. Guess that is one way to quit drinking AND eating.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    son-in-law is home safe physically, seems to have had a major stress induced mental breakdown but is getting help. thank you all for your prayers, I went to everyplace I could think of asking for them.

Oddly, once we knew he was safe I thought we would be drinking in relief but guess the stress was too much and we just went to bed. Guess that is one way to quit drinking AND eating.

Thank God, he is OK
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Debbie, what a relief. Thanks for letting us know.

Kim, I've been going to the gym after work this week (I usually go in the morning), and it's really helped curb my desire to drink.

Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0

And, amazingly, the scale is showing some movement.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I need a few glasses of wine whenever my step daughter is around and up until recently had a glass or two most nights. Now I am only drinking on weekends and step kid visiting nights which has almost halved my alcohol consumption yay go me :laugh: