Team UK - January 2011!

Options

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Mat, you lucky lucky bugger!
    I can't even win an argument! lol

We just have to save like crazy to travel. We usually have one cheap year camping, and the next we splurge on a 'big trip'. Last time it was New Zealand, FANTASTIC, if you get the chance to go, do it!
    But that was 2 years ago now. Last year was a camping trip to Cornwall. This year is a biggie. Seattle & the Pacific North West. We've been before many years ago & drove down HW1 from the Canadian border all the way down to the Mexican border. But this time we're sticking to Washington state & maybe Oregon.
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Hiya!

I'd like to join in too! I gained about two stone last year and am looking to lose all that plus some more. It's amazing what can happen to your weight when you're not looking! My goal for this week is simply to log all the food that I eat, even if I go over my calorie limit. Once I achieve that I can think about other goals like adding more fruit and veg etc (though I'm finding that my eating habits are already much better).

Christmas was actually what made me seriously consider doing this again (I lost about two stone with WW before) because I felt so lazy and bloated after constantly eating rubbish. I could tell I needed to do something about this and here I am :smile:

Nice to meet you all!

Squeaky
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mat, you lucky lucky bugger!
    I can't even win an argument! lol

We just have to save like crazy to travel. We usually have one cheap year camping, and the next we splurge on a 'big trip'. Last time it was New Zealand, FANTASTIC, if you get the chance to go, do it!
    But that was 2 years ago now. Last year was a camping trip to Cornwall. This year is a biggie. Seattle & the Pacific North West. We've been before many years ago & drove down HW1 from the Canadian border all the way down to the Mexican border. But this time we're sticking to Washington state & maybe Oregon.

I spent 11 months in New Zealand, never wanted to leave. Could quite happily move there for life.
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Kim you are a star setting this up! And HELLO to everyone old and new. :smile:

Can't class myself as a newbie seeing as i've been a member for 2 years but i've had a few months off the dieting seen due to work commitments. But new year new start and time to finally get back down to where i want to be.
    Summer 2011 i shall be able to take my top of on a hot sunny beach somewhere. :tongue:

Currently I weigh 156lbs and my goal for this month is to get below 150lbs yet again. so i guess 7lbs will be what i'm looking to shift before Feb. Nice challenge for me for January!!!!:ohwell:

I really hope everyone had a great xmas and new year and didn't put on to much weight (like I did).

Mat & Mimi good to see your both around for the new years shred, hope you both are very well.

Speak soon

James :smile:
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    Hey James, good to see you too buddy. Good Xmas and New Year ??
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    It was great Mat thanks

Didn't drink as much as i expected which has to be a good thing right?? How was yours?

Can't belive i managed to put on 10lbs in 3 months, shows how lucky those ****ers who can eat and eat and not put weight on are. I guess i just aint one those people so i will always have to watch what i eat.

I hear you going away soon, you lucky git!

James
  • efalcon1
    Options
    Can I join too?! I am on my last 7lbs to lose and have slipped back into late night snacking and bad habits. Have gained over Christmas but back going to the gym now and need to start those torturous spinning classes again!
  • emc2003
    emc2003 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I dipped my toe in last year then slipped a disc in my back lost motivation enjoyed Christmas etc.

Anyway, back now and hoping to get rid of 1/2 a stone this month. I am also wondering whether to go back to weight watchers this year. I did it for a long time and yo-yo'd a bit but they've changed the points now.

I might give it another try - Good Luck everyone!
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    It was great Mat thanks

Didn't drink as much as i expected which has to be a good thing right?? How was yours?

Can't belive i managed to put on 10lbs in 3 months, shows how lucky those ****ers who can eat and eat and not put weight on are. I guess i just aint one those people so i will always have to watch what i eat.

I hear you going away soon, you lucky git!

James

Relatively quiet Xmas, crazy New year. Ate loads but didn't really drink much. Was working all between Xmas so that stopped me going out and drinking all the time.

Yes I am always jealous of my flatmate. Eats take away all the time, never puts any weight on, although he is probably very unhealthy on the inside.

Yes, I am going away in April hence the new target and I have to stick to it this time. Most of the trek is at high altitude and so I need to be as fit as I can be.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Well Hello everyone! What a nice suprise to see the group up and running again! This makes me happy to see me old pals (and new ones) back on the boards! Heres to a new year! I hope you all had a good one?

What are your goals for 2011?

xxx
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Ooh I don't want to see another cracker, mince pie, piece of cake or quality street for another...well...another year!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Mandy - if you do find a way to pad the seat can you let me know? Apparently this one has an extra gel pad on the top but my bum certainly doesn't think there's any padding at all!

Kim I have been told by a coupel of girls who did the Great Yorkshire BIke Ride last year that gel cycling shorts are the way to go! Yes they do make your bum look big I am told, but are really comfortable whilst riding! I am just going to try and make a spongy pad to go on the seat as it is an exercise one and no one can see it!!! x
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join Team UK? I joined Oct10 but most of my friends on here are from the USA and I find their weight loss goals to be crazily small!

My goal for this month is to lose 1/2 stone, normally a little higher than I would like to lose for a month but i'm hoping the extra 5 lbs I gained over xmas will come off!
  • noble1987
    noble1987 Posts: 132
    Options
    Hello team UK!

Id love to join, Ive been a member of MFP for just over a year now and Ive managed to lose 19lbs slowly so far! Unfortunately like most of you, I also gained a bit over christmas (a naughty 4lb to be precise) oops! :blushing:

But here I am, back again, and wanting to make some serious chances this year!!

I started MFP weighing 12 stone - Im now 10 stone 12 (including my +4 / I was 10 stone 8 at the end of November:cry: )

After giving up for 2 weeks over christmas I started dieting and exercising again as of 04 January (got a Wii for christmas with Wii Fit plus!)... so far this week hasnt been great, I have to be honest, but it hasnt been terrible either! Lets say Ive made slow progress making changes... just got to get rid of them darn left over christmas chocolate!!!! :indifferent: (maybe Ill force feed my boyfriend :devil: )

Anyway, I would like to get back to 10 stone 8 in 2 weeks time, then by the beginning of February say... 04th? - Id like to be 10 stone 5! So wish me luck :drinker:

and good luck to you all :flowerforyou:

Claire x
  • fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I only discovered MFP about 3 days ago. Its great. I'm aiming to loose about 70lb, which seems so huge. my first goal is for 10lb by about April. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself, as I get easily dispondent but if I hit my mini goal before then then great.
    I'm going on the wii fit most days and aim to get back to belly dancing next week so am hoping where I've failed before (ie being a lazy couch potato) I've learned better for this time.

I don't know about you peeps but I really feel this year is going to be a good one.

stay positive everyone

much love
    x
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hello – ahh how nice to have a UK thread! Can I join?

My New Year's Resolution was to do a new sporting challenge – last year lost 20lb by joining mfp, joining the gym, ran a 5k, and ran a 10k.

So this year I want a new challenge – any ideas?

So far I've considered having swimming lessons (although no fun event ideas), or learning to rollerblade and then do the Goodwood Rollermarathon... any other suggestions?

Sophie x
  • RottenHearts
    Options
    Hey guys :)

I'm a newbie!
    Well... that's not strictly true... I joined MFP aaaaaaaages ago but just didn't manage to get motivated. So a late start for the new year I know but better late than never, eh? I've got a fair amount to lose just in order to be more comfortable with myself really....

I would love to hear from anyone wanting support etc, because I know i need the motivation!!

Take care!
    Lu
    xoxo
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    Ooh lots of new people. Welcome one and all. Good luck to everyone. You'll all do well :)
  • leannemr
    Options
    Hi guys

Happy New Year !

Glad to see Team UK back up and running, I haven't been on the forum since Sep 10!
    I have finally overcome my ankle ligament injury that I did back in mid September. I wasn't able to exercise at all since doing it on the Dr's advice and managed to pile on 8lbs in the meantime (I had kept it to about 4lbs until Xmas hit!). I am determined to get this off and started back at the gym last night - I couldn't believe how hard I found it too!!! :grumble:
    I need to get back into my old routine and get this 8lbs back off and maybe even a pound or two more if I am extra good!

Here's to everyone achieving their 2011 goals - good luck :bigsmile:

Leanne x
  • elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this too, and although I had downloaded the app on my iphone, I hadn't made it onto the website yet.

I wouldn't say I was overweight, but I'm a stone heavier than I was 3 years ago, and I want to get back under 10 stone again. And it's as much about my measurements as it is about the scales. I blame it on living with a boyfriend who can not only eats what he likes, but actually loses weight if he does too much exercise!

I'm avoiding alcohol during the week and aiming to run 3 times a week (the focus is to be able to run 5k in 5 weeks), alongside healthy eating. I've tried it before but have never had the motivation to keep going - hopefully this forum will help!