• staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi anyone in Nottingham x
  • savagegirl
    savagegirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Susie. I like in Birmingham UK. Great to find this thread!! I've only been doing this properly about a week although I joined a couple of months ago. Feel free to add me :-) and we can support each other!
  • Enchantica
    Options
    Hello Team UK!
    I hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair and join you (although I think maybe I should put on my trainers and run along side you all on my treadmill!)
    This is my first time on a fitness/weight web site - actually, that's not exactly true but this is the first time I've declared my presence instead of lurking!
    I always feel really fraudulent when I talk about loosing weight as I'm within a healthy range according to my BMI but I know I need to keep an eye on things before I end up like my mum, who's way overweight and struggling to do anything about it.

I'm rather petite - just a shade over 5' and up until a week ago I was dangling by the skin of my teeth at just below 9 stone. As I'm going away on a weeks cruise in 6 weeks time I really did want to shed 7lbs or even a little more if I can - just so I feel more confident and comfortable in my bikini and so I can enjoy all the good food that's on offer without breaking out of my clothes! I know that might not seem like a big deal to lots of people but as I've never had to watch my weight this really might be a struggle.
    Netty
  • Jaypea15
    Jaypea15 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Team UK:
    Can I join your group please :) Jay here, all the way from not so sunny Oxford.

Nice to find a group for UK'ers, not that ive anything against our cousins over the pond as theyre all great and very motivating, but I can also talk in stones hehehe!

I had 84lbs to lose and just lost 8lb in my first week, prob all water but hey ho im pleased. Ive motivated my daughter and some coleagues to join also, so the site is definately growing.

Ive only been on 6 days but am hooked and view this as the new facebook for likeminded people lol. Im happy for any adds for that extra motivation if anyone wants too.
    Jay.x
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi team UK, thank you to queenmedusa for starting the thread up again :happy:

OK so I lost the weight I needed to last year and am maintaining so my goals for this year are to do with my fitness. Since joining the gym and having a personal trainer I have discovered a love of lifting weights which I certainly wouldn't have done if I hadn't taken the plunge and got a trainer. I would recommend lifting weights to any woman as from my experience it is great for toning and helping burn off those stubborn areas of flab (I still have room for improvement though!).

So my goals for the year are to bench press 40kg and manage 5 unassisted pull ups. I'm hoping to achieve this within 6 months but won't beat myself up if it takes a year. Ultimately my goal is to bench press my body weight (currently 51kg) which my trainer assures me would is quite an achievement for a woman, he is very kind and encouraging though! Mind you it all depends on my back and whether it decides to give me break and stay pain free for a while, fingers crossed.

I wish everyone luck with their goals this year, I look forward to catching up with how you are doing soon.
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody

Great to see even more new members joining the team. Obviously this isn't a slight to our American cousins, who we love!, but nice to chat about stuff over this side of the pond too.

Some of your goals are inspiring and we're all here for our own reasons seeking some encouragement on the way to our individual goals. Some of us are here because we're overweight, some want to get fit, some want to get rid of their muffin tops and feel comfortable in their bodies. Respect to everyone for moving towards where they want to be :drinker:

Yvonne - wow! That's a whole lot of weight to be lifting, I'm not particularly strong and could barely manage a quarter of that so good luck!

I'm having a mini-celebration today as I got rid of the Christmas weight and am now well on the way to getting to my goal for this month and I'm only a week into it. Off for a nice long walk into town (the sun's out again, we're so blessed!)

Hope you all have a great day x
  • Oddelly
    Oddelly Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello all! Mind if I join in at this late stage? I'm in southampton, new to this and hoping to loose 10-20lbs (never fun) for my health and being honest vanity :) well done everyone for their progress so far!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm from Hampshire and have been hanging around MFP fir a week. Had 133lb to lose which is a bit daunting but have made a start so only 126 to go. Was diagnosed with diabetes this week (which came as absolutely no surprise at all as I'd been ignoring my symptoms for months which was v v silly) and started pills yesterday. Have been offered a referral for a gastric bypass by my dr but I really do not want to go down that road so I am determined to do this. Dr has said he will buy me a drink if I do it but it will have to be a diet coke because the alcohol has had to go. It's always been my weakness and leads to a face stuck in the fridge sucking up bacon.

Looking forward to the journey, let's go!
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Kettlewitch

I am from Hampshire too! Well done on not taking the surgery route, you can do this, one step at a time. Good luck!! I will add you as a friend.

Mandy xx
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to join the UK team ! Welcome to everyone who's joined us over the last few days. Hope you're weekends are going well so far. I can't believe the sun is out. Still cold though brrrrr.
  • Oddelly
    Oddelly Posts: 29
    Options
    Yay for Hampshire people!

Kettlewitch - well done for not taking the easy route! And you WILL do this! If you ever feel 'weak' as you put it just come on this site, you'll get lots of support. Good luck!
  • Enchantica
    Options
    Wow - just checked in and see that quite a few people have joined after me - ahhh it's great not being alone!

This morning I woke up feeling hungry - the first time that's happened for a long time! I usually eat breakfast because it's what you do in the morning and not particularly because I'm hungry. I think my biggest problem is that I do well all day long then I think "well done you! Reward yourself with something nice like a chocolate or ten!" So I end up not loosing a thing! I'm finding the food diary part of the site really useful - especially as it's making me really take note of what's in the foods and how much I'm eating! I think I'm going to drive my husband nuts by the time we go on our cruise in 6 weeks though with all this watching my intake like a hawk!

Yesterday I was really pleased with myself for loosing 3lbs (mind you I have had a week where I've felt I've really deprived myself of the good things I want to eat like chocolate and lots of bread and Kronenberg lager! !) My husband then smugly commented that he'd lost 2lbs during the past week. I was seething for a little while as I'd had to endure watching him drink lager in the pub on Friday night followed by about a dozen primula cheese on crackers when we got in! :( I wandered around muttering and getting really narked for about 10 minutes before I confronted him and told him how annoyed I was about him telling me he'd lost without any apparent effort. I think he got the message and has been apologising for every goody he's ate since then!

My next big test will come in about 2 hours when we're going to our local pub to take part in a darts knock-out competition. I'll be drinking Lime and Soda again but getting drink envy because I'd really rather be drinking lager and food envy when everyone else is tucking into cheddars and crisps and chocolate!

Wish me luck!
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    hey all, Im in the uk also I only started on here this saturday and already feel like i have more energy just by watching what im eating and drinking more water, I have a long way to go but believe that this time I can acheive anything i out my mind to, I could definately do with some friends to help motivate me, and me do the same for you, please feel free to add me, thanks

charlie
  • craftyknits
    craftyknits Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the site and was also looking for UK members and came across you. I have lots of weight to lose and will be looking for a lot of motivation in the next coming months.
  • ladyjbg
    ladyjbg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm joining team uk and promise not to coast along at the back (fingers crossed) :smile: Not been on site since October 2010 as been gorging like a pig since my daughter got married so now got new short term goal to lose a stone by feb for my granddaughters christening then to lost another before my summer hols and my long term goal is to keep it off this time!!! Need support from the team to make sure I stay on track. Started today as still far too many christmas goodies left and fed up saying will start once all the chocs have gone so dusted off the wii fit balance board and weighed in :embarassed: ahem..... nearly back where I started but not quite so things could have been worse :laugh: Anway, out with the old and in with the new as they say at this time of year ... and the new me is going to be good (heres the old fingers crossed again) .. or at least wil try to be for most of the time anyway. Wish me luck peeps - i'm gonna need it, x
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :noway: Wow it got busy!! :flowerforyou: Hellooo!1 Nice to see ya all :happy:

A quick update from me. Looks like I'm doing the running thing for real. I have myself a running budy, who happens to be an ex-schoolmate of mine. As soon as registration opens and once I've talked myself into it, I'll be signing up to do the Great North Run.

Other news, my sister's best friend is getting married at the end of April, just after the Royal wedding (they got in 1st! :tongue: ) and the hen do is scheduled for the end of March - for which my sister has bought me a glitzy top to wear. It is slightly on the tight side at the moment, so that's my first goal to fit comfortably into the top (http://www.kaliko.co.uk/product.php?id=45423165) - which if I stick to running/exercise schedule that's starting to emerge I should do it.

Enough from me for now :happy: TC!!
  • elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I haven't got any scales, so haven't weighed in today, but I'm planning on buying some this week so hope to weigh in next weekend.

I've been a bit naughty, and only had 1 day off drinking booze this week (although I haven't drunk more than 3 units on any one day), and my boyfriend did cook some lovely spaghetti & meatballs (stuffed with mozarella) last night... However, I haven't gone over 1600 calories on any day this week, and have also completed 2 runs, so I'm not feeling too despondent! Slowly but surely, that's my motto. However, I am hoping to see at least a 1lb loss this time next week!

btw, please be-Friend me, especially if you're a newbie like me, in London and/or can motivate me with some running tips! I'm aiming for a 10k in April...

El
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    hey hey everyone

I think it's amazing i go to work, come back and there is like 10 newbies. This is thee busiest I have seen this thread in a long time. So on that not a big HELLO to everyone new and glad to have you all on board.

I've had a very good week and feel I am very much back on it again after a few months off.
    think i need to get off my *kitten* a little more next week, but on a plus point work is so busy so i don't stop all day atm.

I look forward to coming back tomorrow to see even more members lol

James

Ps anyone new who I haven't managed to add as a friend please fill free to add me. (just at the time in the day for me to do it:laugh: )
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    gaila - my bezzie has a pair and she has found them pretty hard work and has very achy legs! I adjusted to my FitFlops quite quickly so I'm sure you'll be just fine in no time!

Grace - great to hear that you're already feeling the benefits. It's easy when you know how!

James - hope you enjoy the programme. It was first on a couple of years ago but there's a lot of great information in there.

Buffyfan - WOW! Well done you :smile:

Well it's been a beautiful day here down south and my mood is much improved after all of the grey and torrential rain that we were subjected to yesterday. I spent a little while out in the garden digging up old veg that's been destroyed by the snow and tidied the greenhouse ready for me to start planting next month. Had a healthy day eating, made some lentil and walnut burgers (delicious) and did the 30 Day Shred (exhausting!) Still got plenty-o-cals left over and not sure what to do with them. Perhaps I'll have the little drinkie that I was going to have last night but didn't get around to! :laugh:

I just updated my ticker with a picture of what I looked like in 2007. Can hardly believe that big girl was me! 3 dress sizes and 3.5stone later I'm so much happier!!!

Mat, lilmissy2 , queenmedusa.

I very much enjoyed it though i knew a lot of things i loved the science aspect to the show. I'm very much a logical person and have to have answers to how things work so the examplations on there made it a great view for my saturday night. :laugh:

Looks like protein for breakfast and soup for lunch going forwad with lots of low fat dairy on the side. :laugh:

James
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Evening all! Hope you're all well. I saw the King's Speech last night at the cinema. Definitely recommend it and seems like the Oscar buzz is about right.

Went for an almighty training session this morning doing two classes to prepare myself for having friends over for lunch.

Now have the evening to myself which is a treat so going to put my feet up and chill out! I'm a Chris Moyles fan on Radio 1 and Comedy Dave is on Dancing on Ice this year so I'll be watching!

The weather here was so lovely today. It was cold but the sun was shining! I live in Herts by the way but work in London. Anyone else in that general area?

Hope you all enjoy you're evening and I'll catch up with you tomorrow!