Team UK - January 2011!

Options

Replies

• leannemr
    Options
    Hi to all newbies(and oldies) !!! Great to see lots of new UK slimmers on here!
    I don't listen to Radio 1 much but I assume the influx was because of the advertising of MFP on there??

Anyway, here's hoping everyone reaches their January goals!!! I've just started back on my diet and fitness regime for the first time in 4 months, so I have a good 10lbs to shift! Found this weeks return to the gym a little difficult and am aching in places I have never ached before!! Quite suprised at how much fintess I have lost too :cry:

Going to try out some of my new fitness DVD's this week, including the 30 Day shred and the Wii My Fitness Coach. If anyone else has tried these I am always interested in what people think of them and of course any tips!!

Please feel free to add me as a friend :happy:

Leanne xx
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Technically Im Hampshire but right on border - 10 miles down the A3 from Guildford

i work in farnham.. where abouts are you kettlewitch?
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Night out in Guildford on the cards one day then !!

Hahah Mat - lets get planning!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

It's been a while since I posted on here, so I thought I'd better make the effort!

I haven't been logging for a number of weeks now, and could see myself starting to slip back into the old habits around Christmas and the new year (although I was still conscious of it as had a dress to fit into for a friends wedding) :grumble:

So now I'm back! Everyone in my house is on a diet/keep fit regime at the moment, and I'm quite surprised that they're looking to ME for inspiration!! Yesterday saw the start of the healthy eating once again, and also the exercise was kicked up a notch... I have signed up for another 10k in April, so need to get into proper training for it! The only thing left to do is stop smoking!

So, happy new year to everyone, and keep up the good work :smile:
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Night out in Guildford on the cards one day then !!

Hahah Mat - lets get planning!

I used to live really close to Guildford but not any more - am in the West Midlands now. Oh well :wink:
  • gracewatson
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow Grace. I'm absolutely terrified of interviews and am eternally grateful that I haven't needed to go to one for a while! Will have my fingers crossed (can't believe you go to all the effort of a tan - what do you do?!)

Oh I love interviews lol. I work for a laser eye surgery company, went for interview for same job but more money, better hours etc. I think it well well, heres hoping anyway haha! Having a bit of a tan makes me feel better lol, nails, tan n hair all done for a 40 min interview, am all dressed with no where to go haha!

day 5, and I have done soo well today :). Going to get new scales at weekend and see the damage on sunday :D
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I all, I'm in Englad. It's great to see so many of us from the UK!! :o)
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Guildford is about 40 mins away from me, I'm in Portsmouth. Hi everyone. I'm really struggling to get back into the swing of things and find the evenings the hardest. Funny though, for me when I'm studying I don't eat, so tonight I got my books out and spent 2 hours on my Assignment straight after my tea. Now got 2.5 hours til bedtime .......... eek.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Technically Im Hampshire but right on border - 10 miles down the A3 from Guildford

I thought Hampshire was up north haha just when I was starting to think my British geography had improved!!

Jain - congrats on your awesome week 1 weight loss!
    Lauren - I don't envy you and your commute, as much as I miss being home (in London) during the week, I do enjoy only having to walk 10 mins to work
    Grace - good luck with the job!

I can't believe how many posts there are! Just when I was getting worried that team UK was dying!

I just transferred the last of the money for the wedding! Such a relief! We probably would have had enough 3 months ago if the pound wasn't so rubbish at the moment but I have been lucky with my work (5week contract turned into 6 months) so can't complain too much :)

Take care everyone

xx
    ps. The 'shape delights' chocolate dessert pots are absolutely delish, 110 cals per pot :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Yay, party on the thread!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend or follow me on twitter @idhuk

Done!! Feel free to do the same @kendrafallon on the twitter
    In regard to the mysterious Moyles, seeing as all the newbies have been pretty much female if he was among them it would appear he would have an interesting alter-ego :)

(first weigh in tomorrow - hope it's good...)

Scary!! Moyles as a woman - with that face full of stubble he'd be dead-giveaway!!

T'was only a flying visit, as I have some Sky+ catching up to do. TC folks x
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody and WOW WOW WOW to everyone who's joined. Thanks to Moyles and Aled for bringing us so many new friends!

Amazed at how many people have joined from the South East. I used to live in Southampton then Walton-on-Thames before moving to the North East and then down to Somerset. Been here since 2004 but miss being able to get to London quite so easily!

Grace - hope it's good news hon. Wondered if you worked in the beauty industry with the tan and all (too much like hard work for me! LOL) Fingers firmly crossed for you.

gilleeman - trick for me is to not have bad stuff in the house for me to snack on. Easier said than done for most people as I know most others will have something in the house for their hubby and kids but I don't have either so it's all for me - carrot sticks n all! Top trick is baby food! LOL. Organix Carrot Stix are one of my fave snack foods, free from additives and less than 70cals per bag (I don't care if they're for 3year olds!) There ya go, little plug for Organix! Their tomato and herb snacks aren't bad either :laugh:

To all the newbies who are wondering if you can do it - sure you can! Do it slowly and sensibly to make sure that you can make life long changes, this ain't no quick fix cos none of us want to go back to where we started. Stick with us cos we're your team!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options

i work in farnham.. where abouts are you kettlewitch?

I'm in headley, bout 8 miles from farnham
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Queenmedusa- I'm quite a fan of the innocent pure fruit squeezies which are in squidgey tubes and designed for kids!

KPnuts - I'm from Chertsey, have studied part-time at Guildford Uni in the past but don't go there very often now, I love the area though.

CygnusR, you have done really well with your weight loss. I would definitely recommend getting a personal trainer to help you get into weight training. I have a session with mine once a fortnight, would love to afford more but I can't and to be honest it's enough to keep me on track and also push me harder. He's started me doing pull ups now, something I would've never attempted on my own and the sense of achievement is great, even though I struggle to do 1 unassisted!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow loads of people in Surrey! I'll be working in Guildford for a couple of week at the end of Jan! Let's have a paaaaarty!! With healthy nibbles of course and gin and slims!

Did anyone watch the Bigger Loser last night? They lost a serious amount of weight in the first week. Wasn't as impressed with it as the American one but I do like Davina on it. She makes me want to laugh everytime I see her! In fact I've flicked over channels and the American one is on Livingit (sky 114) now for anyone that's interested!

Had a rest day today. Am on track for another 11 classes this week so figured I could do with a rest day. Have been massively craving jelly babies (not usually a fan) and caved and had a couple.

Grace good luck with news on your job. Fingers crossed for you!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    HI, I lived in Guildford until I was 22 (have just spent Christmas there as I still have family living in Guildford) then I moved to Bournemouth and am now living near Southampton!

Leannem1972 I have done the 30 day shred a couple of times and its great (well it gets results) also I love going to Zumba, that doesn't seem like exercise just lots of fun lol
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Have been massively craving jelly babies (not usually a fan) and caved and had a couple.

Ooh it's ages since I had a jelly baby, sometimes it's just so satisfying to bite their heads off.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I gotta stop having chicken fajitas. I love them but damn those tortilla wraps are bad !! Everything else is great though, chicken, onion and peppers. nom nom nom
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hi, another newbie!

I'm Lauren, I'm 22 and I live in Surrey (work in London - so a joyful commute!). I joined the site as recommended by Aled from the Chris Moyles Show and love it - so easy to use and keep track! I've got a personal trainer for the gym (once every 2 weeks) to get my bum in shape and hopefully lose quite a few lbs in the process!

Look forward to chatting to you all =)

xxx

Ahh another Guilfordian!!! James, that makes 3 of us now!! Lauren was in the year above me at Gabbot! Small world!

Welcome to the group Lauren :flowerforyou:

Mat - Me, James and Lauren are all from Guildford!! :happy:

Haha I hear you Kat, very small world. Welcome Lauren.

I don't come on for a day and i miss so much.
    Beem go karting tonight with work, was so fun. Though i did have my first beer of the year after, but was just 1 pint so not all bad. I really need to take a few hours to read through all the post i missed so guess i'll be here for a few hours yet keeping up with you all.

Great work BTW everyone, so amazing to see this many people joining our thread.

James

PS. get the night out planned and i'm there. :laugh:
  • James501
    Options
    HI, I lived in Guildford until I was 22 (have just spent Christmas there as I still have family living in Guildford) then I moved to Bournemouth and am now living near Southampton!

Leannem1972 I have done the 30 day shred a couple of times and its great (well it gets results) also I love going to Zumba, that doesn't seem like exercise just lots of fun lol

If this carries on we will have to have a Team Guildford:laugh: or Team South of the UK at least. Doesn;t quite have the same ring to it though.
  • James501
    Options
    Wow loads of people in Surrey! I'll be working in Guildford for a couple of week at the end of Jan! Let's have a paaaaarty!! With healthy nibbles of course and gin and slims!

Did anyone watch the Bigger Loser last night? They lost a serious amount of weight in the first week. Wasn't as impressed with it as the American one but I do like Davina on it. She makes me want to laugh everytime I see her! In fact I've flicked over channels and the American one is on Livingit (sky 114) now for anyone that's interested!

Had a rest day today. Am on track for another 11 classes this week so figured I could do with a rest day. Have been massively craving jelly babies (not usually a fan) and caved and had a couple.

Grace good luck with news on your job. Fingers crossed for you!

I watched it, I really enjoyed it and can;t wait to next week,

Glad there's something on Monday nights for me to watch which isn't Glee lol