Team UK - January 2011!

Options

Replies

• Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Barty- I was thinking of going to a zumba class with my daughter at the place where we go ballroom dancing (Darren and Lilia's joint in Sheffield) but I haven't actually seen one before....how challenging is it from a CV point of view? It does sound like fun...

James- I've caught up with the thread now (wipes sweat from eyes, and turns to feed starving offspring and pets)...you were wondering about ballroom & latin strictly style. OH and I started taking classes in September and can now do the basics of 8 dances and twiddly bits of some (waltz, social foxtrot, quickstep, tango, cha cha cha, rhumba, samba and jive). It's great fun- wish I'd done it years ago.
  • Rosy67
    Options
    And guess what? I've just been offered a Ferrero Rocher and SAID NO!

Victory will be mine mwahahaha

G'night all x
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi, another newbie!

I'm Lauren, I'm 22 and I live in Surrey (work in London - so a joyful commute!). I joined the site as recommended by Aled from the Chris Moyles Show and love it - so easy to use and keep track! I've got a personal trainer for the gym (once every 2 weeks) to get my bum in shape and hopefully lose quite a few lbs in the process!

Look forward to chatting to you all =)

xxx

from Surrey, check, trainer every 2 weeks, check, aged 22...ummm yep wish I was again! There was a good similarity going on until the age.

Anyway I was naughty yesterday and made the mistake of sitting studying with a packet of biscuits next to me. Back on track again today though, the best thing about going to work is that I can only eat the food I take with me.

Haha love that!! Well I'm only 22 for another 3 weeks, does that increase the similarity?! xxx
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi, another newbie!

I'm Lauren, I'm 22 and I live in Surrey (work in London - so a joyful commute!). I joined the site as recommended by Aled from the Chris Moyles Show and love it - so easy to use and keep track! I've got a personal trainer for the gym (once every 2 weeks) to get my bum in shape and hopefully lose quite a few lbs in the process!

xxx

Ahh another Guilfordian!!! James, that makes 3 of us now!! Lauren was in the year above me at Gabbot! Small world!

Welcome to the group Lauren :flowerforyou:

Mat - Me, James and Lauren are all from Guildford!! :happy:

Hi Katherine!! Yes super small world that you found me on here!! Loving the local support =) (and obviously everyone else as well!). I live in Guildford but work in central London. Be interesting to know where everyone else is and, if they're a member of the gym, which gym they go to as we could be in the same place sometimes!! I'm at the Spectrum if that means anything to everyone!

Wasn't on much yesterday as had a family thing - counted my calories for it and it wasn't as bad as first thought (it was a funeral so wasn't exactly watching what I ate!). Back on it today, and hitting the gym again tomorrow =)

xxx
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How many UK threads are there? I keep joining then another starts.

Ok here is a bit about me;

I'm a professional DJ and a single grandad, yup, 2 sons and 3 grand daughters. I've been a runner for 20 years, but, after a serious back injury 10 years ago, my weight has steadily increased to 4 stones over my race weight. Need to get that off. I still run, but, it is more 'jogging' these days. I don't do the gym, prefer to be outdoors running any day, and, as I only work weekends, I have tons of free time during the week. :-)

Last year I did 92 training runs covering over 500 miles in 85 hours 37 minutes!!! According to the data I also burned 68,088 calories!!! Yet I'm still (was) over 16 stone :-(

With the help of this site and my Endomondo Sports Tracker I hope to get that weight down, it makes running easier too (and faster) :-)

Cheers
    Les
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    And guess what? I've just been offered a Ferrero Rocher and SAID NO!

Victory will be mine mwahahaha

G'night all x

I don't think I could ever say no to a Ferrero Rocher!! As long as it's just one.....
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi, another newbie!

xxx

Ahh another Guilfordian!!! James, that makes 3 of us now!! Lauren was in the year above me at Gabbot! Small world!

Hi Katherine!! Yes super small world that you found me on here!! Loving the local support =) (and obviously everyone else as well!). I live in Guildford but work in central London. Be interesting to know where everyone else is and, if they're a member of the gym, which gym they go to as we could be in the same place sometimes!! I'm at the Spectrum if that means anything to everyone!

Wasn't on much yesterday as had a family thing - counted my calories for it and it wasn't as bad as first thought (it was a funeral so wasn't exactly watching what I ate!). Back on it today, and hitting the gym again tomorrow =)

xxx

What about a night of tenpin bowling at the spectrum? not too hectic, but better than sitting on our bums!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi, another newbie!

xxx

xxx

What about a night of tenpin bowling at the spectrum? not too hectic, but better than sitting on our bums!

Ohh a bowling night could be fun!

I cant belive how many people on here actually live/have lived/worked or just know Guildford..!! Very small world! Considering when i first joined this website there was hardly anyone from the UK here... so nice there are more of you! :drinker: GO US!!

xxx
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    Afternoon everyone - I've been very remiss about being on any of the boards lately - the iphone app is just too easy!!
    Anyway - I am a northerner (sorry to ruin the Guildford dream! :blushing: ), mother of two, and working to get back off the Xmas mince pies - it's coming off with less alcohol and puddings, but my sweet tooth is back with a vengeance!! Just shows what happens to me when I let it out of its cage! :embarassed:

My aim for Jan is to lose the Xmas weight, drink more water and get my gym schedule back - I've got 3 weeks of travel for work on and off so its a bit hectic, but my running gear and 30 day shred dvd are coming with me!!

Have a good week! :bigsmile:
  • noble1987
    noble1987 Posts: 132
    Options
    Have been massively craving jelly babies (not usually a fan) and caved and had a couple.

Ooh it's ages since I had a jelly baby, sometimes it's just so satisfying to bite their heads off.

:laugh:
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of posts since I was on last night. Chicken Fahitas love them and having them Friday night using Tescos Healthy living wraps, guess they're not too bad at 165 cals each.

I'm also really lucky that I have an active job/jobs so I have an allowance of 1800 cals before exercise. I'd really struggle to survive on less.

Had a better day with the food and feel back on track again. Should have weighed in today, but knew it wouldn't be pretty so I'm delaying it to perhaps tomorrow. Right getting study books out again to help avoid the munchies - tonight I've got to do an Assignment on devising a Circuit Training routine for an unfit 50 year old, who is three stone overweight.............. sounds fun :wink:
  • Oddelly
    Oddelly Posts: 29
    Options
    gileeman - Good luck on the assignment! I've got 5k word essay for tomorrow myself. Looks like an all nighter for me...am likley to go over calorie count on coffee alone!

And count me in on the fajita love, I'm having a mexican night with mates on saturday which should make the diet interesting :S
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Ugh good luck Oddelly, hate all that counting up, that takes forever alone.
  • emc2003
    emc2003 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi all,

Just got back from streetdance and had a really good time. We're going again next week. Not as much hard work as Zumba but definately burning calories and better than sitting on my backside at home.

Weighing in in the morning, hoping for a bit of a loss. I know it won't be big as I haven't been too good with food this week (to many Christmas chocs still around) but I have exercised most days.

Does everyone else weigh in weekly / monthly?
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Hi Emma I tend to weigh in weekly usually Wednesdays, but I haven't had a good week either so thought I'd delay the agony for another day and probably weigh in tomorrow. When its TOM I completely skip that week altogether.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi, another newbie!

xxx

from Surrey, check, trainer every 2 weeks, check, aged 22...ummm yep wish I was again! There was a good similarity going on until the age.

Anyway I was naughty yesterday and made the mistake of sitting studying with a packet of biscuits next to me. Back on track again today though, the best thing about going to work is that I can only eat the food I take with me.

Haha love that!! Well I'm only 22 for another 3 weeks, does that increase the similarity?! xxx

Only if you've instantly aged over 10 years when you wake up on your birthday and I wouldn't wish that on you!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I FOUND A UK GROUP!!!

Well I'm Clare and I'm from the Northampton area in the midlands and I am FAT trying to become less Fat!!
    umm.... my goal for January is to kick start this process and lose 6lbs. My mid-way weight loss goal is for my friends hen do and wedding in April where I hope to be under 11stone and ideally at 10st10lbs (150lbs). ultimate goal is my mums birthday at the end of May where I want to be 10st5lbs (145lbs).

I have a wedding dress to fit into!! although i actually don't have a dress yet. but i will have a wedding dress to fit into!!

so whats everyones plans? Anyone in the midlands area? Anyone in Daventry or Towcester? x
  • BigTedd
    Options
    What a fab thread! Another newbie, and another Hampshire-ite (Portsmouth area). I am actually going to Slimming World which I know works when I stick to it, but I prefer this website to theirs as you can log your exercise and also get support on the Forums. I have a lot to lose, maybe 84 lbs if I get to where I really want to be, but hopefully being on MFP will make me succeed where I have failed in the past!

I have some lovely American friends on here, but would be nice to have some friends in the same time zone as me so please feel free to add me - and I will try to add everyone who has said on their post that it's ok.

xx
  • Rosy67
    Options
    I've just been looking at challenges to join, but so many started on 1st Jan...

Just a thought in light of the Guildford posse- would it be too divisive to have a light-hearted North vs South UK biggest loser type thingy? If the teams were uneven in size it wouldn't matter if we did percentage weight loss (I'm happy to do the maths- if people would trust me :devil: )

Up Yorkshire! :tongue:
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    First weigh in since starting again last week. A great start. Need to keep it up, unlike last time haha.

North vs South sounds good, great idea.