Team UK - January 2011!

Options

Replies

• James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    welcome Lauz

So another week over everyone. how did we all do last week???
    smug me here still basking in the glory of my weigh in result. :smile:
    Me and my mates have decided to go to the isle of white festival in june which will be amazing. so my goal is now to be slim jim by that weekend.

Hope everyone is well!!!

James xx
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    the 8lbs is since first of jan if i did 8 lbs in a week i'd be amazed lol

Sorry to be a party pooper, hon, but technically your start weight should be from last Sunday (9th) so that we're counting 7 days loss for everyone xxx

I promise I'm saying to same to everyone on the North team as well :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok so my start weight was 156 lbs that was my last weigh in.
    i've lost 8lbs in 10 days so it counts right?????

I guess if you haven't weighed since then, we'll have to give it to you- with a footnote :wink:

Disgustingly good effort for the Softies :tongue:
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

I had my first proper naughty weekend for quite some time, but surprisingly I did very little damage....

I had my usual chinese on Friday night, but only a half portion (which my boyfriend finished), but I felt rotten afterwards! My stomach was sooooo sore!!! When I stood up (wearing a fitted t-shirt) I looked about five months pregnant!!! I really hate feeling so bloated!

Saturday night was TGI's for my friends birthday! BBQ beef sandwich followed by chocolate malt cake (which I didn't finish)!

I was back on track yesterday though...

Today is officially the beginning of my training for the 10k in April! My car is currently parked half a mile away, so I walked into work! I'm lucky in that my work is along "the mall" in Armagh (you can google it if you like). It's a large green in the centre of the town, and it's exactly a mile around the outside. The plan is, one I get out of work at 5, I'm popping my trainers on and going walking. I'm going to do 3 laps tonight and up it to 4 or 5 by the end of the week, then up it again next week. the following week I'm going to try to jog some, then some more, etc!

This will be my monday to friday routine, with some cycling at the weekends to break things up a bit (that, and my bf hates walking)!

Anyways, how's everyone else been??
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I had a c**p day yesterday.
    We had a house full all weekend, hosting a party for a friend& her Texan fiance (her house is too small). Did great till they had all left yesterday, then the munchies landed.:ohwell:
    Then just to top that off, I got up in the middle of the night to go to the loo. Missed the last step on the stairs and just managed to stop myself falling down the second flight. So today I have one huge bruise on my back, 2 swollen and bruised elbows and a bump on the back of my head.:cry:
    And I've put on 2lbs when I weighed in today.:angry: I know that's just due to the rubbish I stuffed into my gob yesterday, so back to it today.
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had a c**p day yesterday.
    We had a house full all weekend, hosting a party for a friend& her Texan fiance (her house is too small). Did great till they had all left yesterday, then the munchies landed.:ohwell:
    Then just to top that off, I got up in the middle of the night to go to the loo. Missed the last step on the stairs and just managed to stop myself falling down the second flight. So today I have one huge bruise on my back, 2 swollen and bruised elbows and a bump on the back of my head.:cry:
    And I've put on 2lbs when I weighed in today.:angry: I know that's just due to the rubbish I stuffed into my gob yesterday, so back to it today.

Oh, poor you! Ouch....
    Don't worry about the 2lbs, if it's gone on since yesterday, its probably mostly water.
    Come and join the North vs South challenge if you want a bit more motivation :flowerforyou:

Take care x
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Today is officially the beginning of my training for the 10k in April! My car is currently parked half a mile away, so I walked into work! I'm lucky in that my work is along "the mall" in Armagh (you can google it if you like). It's a large green in the centre of the town, and it's exactly a mile around the outside. The plan is, one I get out of work at 5, I'm popping my trainers on and going walking. I'm going to do 3 laps tonight and up it to 4 or 5 by the end of the week, then up it again next week. the following week I'm going to try to jog some, then some more, etc!

This will be my monday to friday routine, with some cycling at the weekends to break things up a bit (that, and my bf hates walking)!

Wow you've organised some amazing exercise!! I work a stones throw from Regents Park so in the spring/summer/non-torrential rain weather I love going for a toddle and just getting away from my desk =) really good idea to build up for your 10k - when abouts in April is it? xxxx
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Wow you've organised some amazing exercise!! I work a stones throw from Regents Park so in the spring/summer/non-torrential rain weather I love going for a toddle and just getting away from my desk =) really good idea to build up for your 10k - when abouts in April is it? xxxx

It's on 3rd April, so 11 weeks yesterday I think!
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm signing up for the British 10k run in July. Might do a couple of others for fun before hand too.
  • paulprendy
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I've decided enough is enough and after downloading the free app on my iphone decided to take control of my life. I've returned to the gym and i'm trying the 1,800 calorie a day approach which my doctor recommended. I've decided that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind! I qualified as a teacher last year but i'm still job-hunting so I've come to the conclusion that I need another focus besides the all-consuming job-hunting!

I used to be incredibly fit but gradually the weight has crept on over the last ten years and despite having some success with Weight Watchers in the past I've decided I want to take a new approach! I'm aiming for 2lbs a week loss by sticking to the 1800 calories and going to the Gym every other day to walk, bike ride, row and swim (all gentle exercise to begin with) but I intend to build up gradually.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi team UK!

I'm kinda new and need all the support I can get. I'm 28 and a first time mum to a 3montg old daughter. I've already lost 1.5stones so I'm using this to track the last 1.5 stones I need to shift to get back to my pre pregnancy weight although I'd love to go beyond that and lose even more.

Any other Uk based baby weight dieters? I'd love some support so pls add me.

Good luck all x
  • philreeduk
    philreeduk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Paul and everyone else new here myself! I'm in the same boat as you, remember fondly the days when i use to play sport, but went to university and put a ton of weight on! Worried about getting back into the gym again, when i go back i know im going to be trying to do things to the level i use to do them and knacker myself out! Any ideas how to slowly get back into the swing of things?

James i hear the IOW festival is awesome! who's playing this year?
  • tallib
    tallib Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey UK Team :D

Been on here a week or so and loving it!
    Not however loving this week irl lol, Ive got flu so I havent been doing my daily dose of Wii Fit and I feel like a flump :(
    Anyway, Im on a 1600cal a day diet, high protein as Ive been diagnosed with PCOS. Im loosing weight so that I`ll hopefully be able to concieve and start a little family with my husband (been married 4 months).
    Help and support is always appreciated! so feel free to send friend req my way :) Meal ideas are also always appreciated as I am the fussiest eater in the world :/ and this diet is rapidly becoming boring :(

Good luck and happy weight loss everyone!
    Talli x
  • philreeduk
    philreeduk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Talli!! I have found (and maybe its because im a student that can barely cook beans on toast!) that some of the weight watchers ready meals are actually quite nice! i have been using them to try and cut down on calories! I would suggest the chicken and lemon rissoto, its lovely and about 300 calories!
  • tallib
    tallib Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Talli!! I have found (and maybe its because im a student that can barely cook beans on toast!) that some of the weight watchers ready meals are actually quite nice! i have been using them to try and cut down on calories! I would suggest the chicken and lemon rissoto, its lovely and about 300 calories!

Heya Phil, I did actually buy one of thier spag bol`s the other day and it was tasty :) 290cals i just have to watch all the carbs lol. Unfortunatly my fussy eater stepped in when you mentioned chicken and lemon rissoto, fruit+meat is a no go, as is soup :( I really wish I liked more food! Also, weight watchers do a sliced Danish loaf which I bought, its a bit skinny for sandwiches but makes lovely toast :)
  • emc2003
    emc2003 Posts: 29
    Options
    Evening all!

Been to zumba tonight. Had a damn good workout - face is still bright red! Last week we had a freebie Streetdance class, which we are going back to on Wednesday. This weeks freebie is Cheerleading! :laugh: We're giving it a go!

I really must try to get to the gym tomorrow as well. I keep saying I'm going then getting caught up with other things. Not good!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hi Team UK :drinker:

I live in Cardiff, but spend my weekends in Cheshire as that's where my man works now.

So far 7lb down since New Year.

What's the deal with the South/North competition, and what do I have to do? :happy:
  • emc2003
    emc2003 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi Team UK :drinker:

I live in Cardiff, but spend my weekends in Cheshire as that's where my man works now.

So far 7lb down since New Year.

What's the deal with the South/North competition, and what do I have to do? :happy:

Here's the thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/152471-calling-all-the-uk-anyone-else-want-to-join-the-north-vs-so

Well done on your loss since new year!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Evening all!! :drinker:

Hope everyone's doing ok for a Monday.

After a bit of a downer recently, i've managed to picked myself :smile: and have managed to lose 1lb in weight this week.

Tae Kwon Do class wasn't as energetic as i was hoping for, so I'm not registering any calories burnt for it, was fab for technique though, so I'm not complaining. And hopefully me and my running buddy will work out a schedule and start running regularly!

@lrns88 don't give up on making take-to-work lunches, it took me aaaages to get into the habit of making something the night before. it was actually a Flickr site that got me inspired http://www.flickr.com/photos/ginger_elanor/sets/72157601368797142/ lots of piccies of what this woman takes for lunch

@philreeduk - get yourself a student cookbook - they're usually about £5, definitely less than £10, they're fab for quantities and basic cooking and with all the healthy eating tips on this site, you should be able to adapt the recipies to keep the calorie content reasonable. And if there's anything you're stuck with, ask - that's what we're here for!

Righto, I'm gonna have an earlyl night, The Biggest Loser is being Sky+'d so noooo spoilers pls!

TC :heart:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Thank you. :smile:
    Just reported in on the other thread.
  • willowglimmer
    Options
    Well done everybody!!
    I dont post often but I read and catch up when I can!

Going horse riding again today (full body workout!!) just hope the sun decides to stay :-)

Happy Tuesday to everyone!