Team UK - January 2011!

Options

Replies

• Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've started a new topic with details of North vs South (although I messed up the title because I didn't realise the characters were that limited). Anyone who wants to join the challenge, add me as a friend and message me with starting weight, preferred team and day of the week you weigh in on by midday on Saturday 15th and we'll kick off then. Loads of people are interested, so please message me, cos I will not be able to collect up your details from all over 2 threads without missing people....

Is that starting weight or start-of-2011 weight? :laugh:

Doh! It's all so clear in my head, it's just when it comes out in type....

Starting weight= weight you are this week on your particular weighing day, from Sunday 9th to Saturday 15th Jan.
    Week one weight will be exactly 7 days later, on your weighing day....
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just a quick weekend check in to see how you're all doing!

Had a good food day and done tonnes of exercise today (most of it practical - walking and gardening). Still 600cals under for the day so I might have a drink later :drinker:

Hope you're all ok :flowerforyou:
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I got the munchies this evening and scoffed two sausage rolls. Gone over about 360 cals so will have to burn those off before weigh in on wednesday, can't let the south team down. Was doing really well until then. I do find the evenings hard though, unless I'm studying and then I find the evening flys past without me even thinking about food.

Must get books out tomorrow night, but there again its Dancing on Ice and I enjoy that.:grumble:
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Been really busy at work this week, so weakened up a bit =( original plan was to have massive homemade pasta salad on gym days, and then soup on non-gym days, but I couldn't get away from my desk most lunchtimes so ended up having shop bought pasta salads which are way more calories than soup! Still worked my bum off at the gym 3 times this week and only ate out once, but still feel the poor diet has massively affected me =(

Plan today is to get more organised and look into alternative breakfast options (special K and skimmed milk isn't the best, might attempt porridge again!)

Hope you're all having a good weekend =) xxx
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi girls

Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. We've all been there. It's stopping when you feel defeated that's the worst thing so as long as you start again then it's not beaten you.

Good luck for getting back on track this week. Hugs
  • lrns88
    Options
    Hi girls

Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. We've all been there. It's stopping when you feel defeated that's the worst thing so as long as you start again then it's not beaten you.

Definitely! Had my pity me moment, and now planning the week and hoping for a better one =)
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Happy Sunday all.
    What a weekend i have had.
    All you women are nuts in the nicest possible way.
    Think i'm going stay single it's alot easier that way and says me getting in a mood every week.:laugh:
    Anyway enough of my love life problems this is a weight lose site and my have lost some weight this since the 1st.
    8LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loves it's:smile:

There's a result for the south. better get lossing northerners. :tongue:
  • James501
    Options
    Hi girls

Definitely! Had my pity me moment, and now planning the week and hoping for a better one =)

your be ok honey,, just dust your self off and start a fresh monday!!
    you can do it x
  • Oddelly
    Oddelly Posts: 29
    Options
    lrns88 - gym 3 times still isn't exactly an awful week! And anyway, the trick isn't never slipping up now and then, it's not giving up when you do. Hope this week goes well :)
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Happy Sunday all.
    What a weekend i have had.
    All you women are nuts in the nicest possible way.
    Think i'm going stay single it's alot easier that way and says me getting in a mood every week.:laugh:
    Anyway enough of my love life problems this is a weight lose site and my have lost some weight this since the 1st.
    8LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loves it's:smile:

There's a result for the south. better get lossing northerners. :tongue:
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Sorry still can't suss out the quote thingy. Any way James you've lost alot more pounds this week than 8lbs if you've lost the lbs of a whole woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor you, sure you don't deserve to have a hard time and Miss Right is just round the corner when you're least looking :smokin: :wink:
  • James501
    Options
    Sorry still can't suss out the quote thingy. Any way James you've lost alot more pounds this week than 8lbs if you've lost the lbs of a whole woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor you, sure you don't deserve to have a hard time and Miss Right is just round the corner when you're least looking :smokin: :wink:

cheers honey. yeah we come to the conclusion it's her loss not mine lol

the 8lbs is since first of jan if i did 8 lbs in a week i'd be amazed lol
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Sorry to be a party pooper, hon, but technically your start weight should be from last Sunday (9th) so that we're counting 7 days loss for everyone xxx

I promise I'm saying to same to everyone on the North team as well :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I went out for a friend's birthday last night, and just hadn't realised the calories in beer! Only had 2 pints, and then a vodka tonic, so don't feel too bad though...

Roast chicken tonight, yum yum! Just hope I can bear to give up half of my crispy skin to my boyfriend...
  • James501
    Options

Sorry to be a party pooper, hon, but technically your start weight should be from last Sunday (9th) so that we're counting 7 days loss for everyone xxx

I promise I'm saying to same to everyone on the North team as well :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok so my start weight was 156 lbs that was my last weigh in.
    i've lost 8lbs in 10 days so it counts right?????
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Been really busy at work this week, so weakened up a bit =( original plan was to have massive homemade pasta salad on gym days, and then soup on non-gym days, but I couldn't get away from my desk most lunchtimes so ended up having shop bought pasta salads which are way more calories than soup! Still worked my bum off at the gym 3 times this week and only ate out once, but still feel the poor diet has massively affected me =(

Plan today is to get more organised and look into alternative breakfast options (special K and skimmed milk isn't the best, might attempt porridge again!)

I make home made pasta or rice salads and soups for my lunches too. I love that when making your own they are often far lower in calories plus I use wholemeal pasta which is another bonus. I've already made a rice salad for tomorrow, I cheated though as I was feeling lazy and instead of cooking brown rice I'm using half a pack of ready cooked coconut, chilli and lemongrass rice. I find it a bit of a chore preparing food every evening to take into work the next day but at least I know what I am eating rather than having to try to find a healthy option in the restaurants at work.

Good luck with the breakfasts they're a real weak point for me too, this week I have got a pot of Moma yoghurt and oatie mix thing to try as it was on offer, hoping I like it, it's a big pot!
  • lrns88
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I make home made pasta or rice salads and soups for my lunches too. I love that when making your own they are often far lower in calories plus I use wholemeal pasta which is another bonus. I've already made a rice salad for tomorrow, I cheated though as I was feeling lazy and instead of cooking brown rice I'm using half a pack of ready cooked coconut, chilli and lemongrass rice. I find it a bit of a chore preparing food every evening to take into work the next day but at least I know what I am eating rather than having to try to find a healthy option in the restaurants at work.

Good luck with the breakfasts they're a real weak point for me too, this week I have got a pot of Moma yoghurt and oatie mix thing to try as it was on offer, hoping I like it, it's a big pot!

The problem is I eat breakfast at work so really struggle - think I'll be sticking with Special K and skimmed milk again this week - just so easy and does keep me going!

I used to buy a pasta salad from a local cafe at lunch and loved it, and one day last week I was really unorganised and ran down to get one, worked out the calories after eating it and it came in at 720 calories!! Mine from home don't ever go above 400 so definitely sticking to the home made ones in future! xxxx
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

The problem is I eat breakfast at work so really struggle - think I'll be sticking with Special K and skimmed milk again this week - just so easy and does keep me going!

I used to buy a pasta salad from a local cafe at lunch and loved it, and one day last week I was really unorganised and ran down to get one, worked out the calories after eating it and it came in at 720 calories!! Mine from home don't ever go above 400 so definitely sticking to the home made ones in future! xxxx

I quite often eat breakfast at work too which is why I've ended up with my eat natural cereal bars and when I'm being good I take a tub with fruit in, currently on grapes and blueberries, looking forward to summer and cheap strawberries and raspberries again, anything that is easy to pick at. I'm really not a morning person and it has taken ages for me to be able to eat breakfast, sometimes I even manage to eat my cereal bar before I leave the house now, usually whilst running around getting ready though! So this week buying the Moma oatie thing is my attempt at having a proper breakfast, whether I'll manage to actually get it in the bowl and eat it in the morning remains to be seen!
  • Lauz_88
    Lauz_88 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm from Essex (no jokes or comments please lol ;-) and am hoping to join the southeners team!