Team UK - January 2011!

Options

Replies

• Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the UK thread. It is good that you are setting out targets. 5k in 5 weeks is a good start. Good luck to you.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Hello to all you UKers! I am indeed new here, but who can say no to motivation and support!

I put on 6lbs over Christmas but managed to pretty much lose it again. I'm feeling positive! Just getting ready to hit the gym with my mate, then we're spending a night eating healthy and playing Just Dance 2! That game really works up a sweat :)
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting up ballroom dancing, has anyone tried it before?
    You see all these celebs on strickly doing it and lossing so much weight it has to be a good and fun way to lose weight right???
    James x
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You see all these celebs on strickly doing it and lossing so much weight it has to be a good and fun way to lose weight right???
    James x

James - if you can find anything in Guildford that is not on a Monday night I would be well up for that! Sounds fun!

x
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    James x

James - if you can find anything in Guildford that is not on a Monday night I would be well up for that! Sounds fun!

x

Damn! Too far South for me, else I'd join in too!!

Helloo by the way ^^ x
  • James501
    Options
    James x

x

Am looking at the moment KP. looks like a fair few classes around so i'll do some research and let you now. xx
  • caroline8483
    caroline8483 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, it's been lovely reading your posts and seeing how friendly everyone is. Been a member of MFP for quite a while but moved house and forgot all about dieting!! Lost 20lbs initally, put 12lb of that back on and got a total of 25lb to lose to get back to my pre baby weight (baby is now not so much a baby, now a 2 year old!!). Anyway, hope to chat to you all and joing in the support groups x
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    Dammnnnnn, I never realised how bad olive oil was. Just added the spoonful I put in with my tuna & pasta (won't be doing that again) - 120 calories !!
  • noble1987
    noble1987 Posts: 132
    Options
    Hello to all you UKers! I am indeed new here, but who can say no to motivation and support!

I put on 6lbs over Christmas but managed to pretty much lose it again. I'm feeling positive! Just getting ready to hit the gym with my mate, then we're spending a night eating healthy and playing Just Dance 2! That game really works up a sweat :)

James (my boyfriend) and I played 'Just Dance & Just Dance 2' the first time with some friends of mine on New years... we loved it so much we went out and brought a wii the next day just for the game ha ha! It certainly does make you work up a sweat!! :bigsmile:
  • James501
    Options

James (my boyfriend) and I played 'Just Dance & Just Dance 2' the first time with some friends of mine on New years... we loved it so much we went out and brought a wii the next day just for the game ha ha! It certainly does make you work up a sweat!! :bigsmile:

I've got a wii, i might just have to buy the game too then. though i still need a partner to play the game right?? x
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    WOW! I go off to work for a day and the thread EXPLODED! LOL. Great to see so many people here ('newbies' and 'oldies' - James and KP it's great to see you back!) and feeling fit and ready to tackle the xmas weight :happy:

I'm really proud of myself today: eaten well, did loads of chores, exercised and ready for a good sleep!

Mat - travel wise your plan sounds great but I don't want to go by myself and don't have anyone to take :ohwell: Only real opportunity is to go on a singles holiday where you make lovely new friends, at least for the time that you're on holiday! :laugh:

Hope to be able to catch up with more of everybody's posts tomorrow as I can't stay online long since the kitchen is calling for me to make tomorrows lunch!

Look forward to reading more from you all x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    James x

x

Damn! Too far South for me, else I'd join in too!!

Helloo by the way ^^ x

Hello to you too!! xx
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Dammnnnnn, I never realised how bad olive oil was. Just added the spoonful I put in with my tuna & pasta (won't be doing that again) - 120 calories !!

HOLY OLIVE OIL.... Thats a lot... 1cal spray for me :wink:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Well Good morning everyone...

so refreshing to see so many people back on the boards...

"WOW! I go off to work for a day and the thread EXPLODED! LOL. Great to see so many people here ('newbies' and 'oldies' - James and KP it's great to see you back!) and feeling fit and ready to tackle the xmas weight"

- queenmedusa "hello" hope your ok?

- james - thanks for looking at the ballroom dancing... it will make such a change from the gym.. im getting a little board of it already... bad huh.. :grumble:

Anywhoo - i had quite a low cal day yesterday, went to the gym and then went out to see Love and other Drugs.. which is AMAZING... I recomend you all go and see it! So in usual cinema fashion i head for the pick n mix n get a bag.. and for the first time it was under £2... lol usually im the one that gets the bag thats £3-£4... :noway: ! So that was a good thing.. anyways i didnt have any chocolates in there... just the fizzy ones... :) all in all i was still under my cals for the day so im not going to be bumed out about it! I :heart: Pick 'n' Mix too much!!

Hows your week going?

Katherine :flowerforyou:
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    I woke up at 3am with a killer sore throat and dehydration. Didn't get much sleep after that. Still feeling pretty crook now. Hopefully it isn't going to turn in to something worst. Not after just getting started again down the gym and eating properly.

Apart from that everything is sweet.
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Hello everyone and thanks for being such a welcoming lot!

I'm having a good week so far - been to the gym three times already and hoping to make it four before the week is out. I've been under my calorie limit since Monday so all is looking good! Just can't wait to weigh in on Saturday morning :smile:

Talking about alternative forms of exercise I'd quite like to start rollerblading again when the weather is warmer. Not that I'm any good at it (I have to have pads all over the place haha) but it's good fun.

Hope you feel better very soon Mat!
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Evening all!

I've been really peckish all day today and it's upset me a bit because I'm determined to be good and get below 12st for the first time in goodness knows how long! Thankfully I've done some exercise and come in under my cal goal although I used up most of my exercise calories which I never do. Hopefully I'll be able to think of something healthy for dinner tomorrow night.

KP - planning to go see LAOD tomorrow afternoon as it's the last week it's going to be on at our cinema and need to see it!!!! Then off to see The King's Speech *hopefully* on Sunday. I have a monthly cinema pass but hardly use it during the winter, time to start making use of it again. Thankfully I have no problem keeping away from the pick n mix and my friend hates the smell of coffee so I don't have a cappucino when she's there which probably helps me out calorie wise too :ohwell:

ifeelsqueaky - I bought a pair of rollerboots in 2004 and still haven't used them! Must get over my fear of other people laughing at me and just get out there with my boots. Am sure I'll get the hang of it again!

Hope you've all had a good day and looking forward to the weekend as much as I am. I definitely need to think of something different to do as I can feel the rot already setting in again and need to blow the cobwebs away! Think a day in London is in order some time very soon :love:
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    I'm cooking up a healthy Asda tikka masala with chicken and vegetables. I forgot to put the rice on though haha, waiting ages and I am starving. Trying to stop myself from snacking while waiting.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options

It's so much fun! Me and my friends were playing it again last night. Love it! :)
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options

I've got a wii, i might just have to buy the game too then. though i still need a partner to play the game right?? x

No partner needed! You can play it alone :)