Team UK - January 2011!

Options

Replies

• elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Well I managed to drag myself out of bed this morning to run in the cold - brrrr. I do feel better for having done it, so I just have to keep telling myself that! I've been good this week, but am worried that the scales won't agree :( Official weigh-in tomorrow, and my monthly Boots scales check (including body fat% - eek!)

Jain - congrats! That weightloss is amazing.

Lauren - your birthday only comes around once a year! Don't deprive yourself *too* much...

Welcome to all the newbies - hope you're all getting on ok!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Well i weighed in yesterday and discovered that i have put on 2lbs in the last week!! EEK!! :blushing: I must hasten to add that it was my birthday and i have had THREE birthday cakes bought for me this year!! I must stress that i didn't eat them all myself and obviously shared them out! So it was probably down to all that cake, plus wine every night since last Weds as it was "almost" my birthday, then going out and drinking vodka and lemonade all night on Saturday. My diet has pretty much gone to pot! However, when i weighed myself this morning (i know, but i cant help but weigh myself daily!) i'd lost 1lb again so i am hoping i can get rid of the excess pound (plus more!) by weigh in next Wednesday.

:bigsmile:
  • resh76
    resh76 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! One more newbie looking for some support. Just finding my way around the site. Its great to see such a strong UK team. I recently got weighed at the GP's and was shocked to see I've gone up 22 pounds in the last 2 years! I knew things were fitting a bit snugger , but its been a real wake up call. I haven't ever properly dieted or consistently exercised before so its going to be a real challenge. I've started by controlling my diet, and hope to slowly start exercising too

CW 165
    GW 145

mini goal: 155 by march 1st
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hello resh! Welcome on board! Good luck with your journey!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Brrrrr.... Wasn't it cold this morning...:grumble:

Took me a while to get in the swing of things this morning but eventually made it to the gym for 7am. After an "almost-rest-day" yesterday (core only) today is a 'double trouble' day, so back for RPM later. :happy:
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome Resh =)

Have to share a pretty fantastic find with you all! Have you heard of Nakd bars? They're fab! They come in loads of different flavours (my fav at the moment is cocoa orange) and they are completely natural - made out of fruit, nuts, dates and thats normally it! Calorie wise they are around 120 - 150 depending on the flavour, but in my opinion they are good calories and the chocolate ones do taste of chocolate!

I found mine at Watirose but apparently Healthfood places sell them too - I highly recommend giving them a go =)

xxx
  • llaurall
    Options
    I'm all for Team UK!
    Xmas is a naughty time food-wise but I'm back on track and would like to slim down to a UK size 8 by April (size 12 currently).
    But then again, easter is a very naughty time food-wise as well. :S
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hello

I discovered this thread from the Anyone from UK thread.

I am Mel from the Channel Islands. I am trying to lose my last few pounds. Finding its much harder to lose the final few than it was to lose the initial 40.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi fuzzymel, llaural and Resh welcome to the site. Fuzzy I'm finding the last few lbs difficult to come off too. Its taken me since June to lose 12lbs. I've now started resistance training (as well as running - love running:love: ) and I'm finding the scales have stuck but I am losing inches still. Don't think I'll ever get the last 4-5 lbs off at this rate. Perhaps I just need to accept I'm at the weight I'm meant to be already and maintain that.

llaural, I'd be happy to be a size 12! LOL.

Irns well done for putting your foot down over eating out. I gave up sugar 10 years ago as it triggers binges (but am slowly adding it back where I feel safe) so everyone knows I don't do iced cakes. One year, my friends gave me a huge melon scooped out and filled with raspberries, strawberries and blueberries and then a jug of double cream !!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love: :love: I was really touched.

Nakd bars, I'll have to look out for those, thanks.
  • lrns88
    Options
    Irns well done for putting your foot down over eating out. I gave up sugar 10 years ago as it triggers binges (but am slowly adding it back where I feel safe) so everyone knows I don't do iced cakes. One year, my friends gave me a huge melon scooped out and filled with raspberries, strawberries and blueberries and then a jug of double cream !!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love: :love: I was really touched.

Nakd bars, I'll have to look out for those, thanks.

That is the cutest present ever I love it!! I'm fearing the mountain of cake that comes my way. One of my friends (who I love dearly) bakes us all a MASSIVE cake for our birthdays - seriously its huge - but never touches it because "she doesnt eat cake" - she's an enabler I tell you!

xxx
  • fuzzymel
    Options
    Ugh I am having such a stressful day. Desperate to grab a chocolate bar for comfort!
  • fuzzymel
    Options

That is so awesome. What a wonderful idea.
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello again!

If anyone is interested, I maintain a blog on Wordpress about my weightloss journey.

http://elliemo1.wordpress.com/
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps :smile:

Nice to see so many new people in here over the last few days :smile:

Well, i was kinda naughty on Wednesday.... we had a birthday in the office and someone brought in a chocolate cake! I had chocolate cake for breakfast and boy did I ever feel sick after!!

I haven't messed up my diet, thankfully... when I stood on the scales this morning (sneaky pre-weigh in day weigh-in) I had 2lbs off :happy:
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Lauren - thanks for giving the shout out to everyone about Nakd bars. Don't know why I'd never mentioned them! LOL. My fave is the 'Cocoa Loco' - 100cals and utterly delicious. I get mine in Morrisons but my Asda has got the cocoa orange and Julian Graves health food shop has got a load of other flavours (although beware - the bigger bars are a lot more calories!)
  • lrns88
    Options
    Lauren - thanks for giving the shout out to everyone about Nakd bars. Don't know why I'd never mentioned them! LOL. My fave is the 'Cocoa Loco' - 100cals and utterly delicious. I get mine in Morrisons but my Asda has got the cocoa orange and Julian Graves health food shop has got a load of other flavours (although beware - the bigger bars are a lot more calories!)

They are literally my favourite thing at the mo! I eat one about an hour before I go to the gym and feel fab! Going to hunt down my local Julian Graves this weekend and stock up on a few more =)
  • fuzzymel
    Options
    Oh I might have to check those out. I was planning on a trip to Julian Graves tomorrow.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I looked at the nakd bars when I was searching for a new bar to eat. What put me off though is that although they are no added sugar, the fruit is so high in sugar that some of the flavours are almost 50% sugar.

They also do them in Waitrose if you are looking for them.
  • lrns88
    Options
    I looked at the nakd bars when I was searching for a new bar to eat. What put me off though is that although they are no added sugar, the fruit is so high in sugar that some of the flavours are almost 50% sugar.

They also do them in Waitrose if you are looking for them.

Yeah the sugar isnt great, but if you want a chocolate fix I figure natural fruit sugar is far better than processed sugar in choccy bar......

My local waitrose has the full collection so I'm popping in there every week!
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Nakd bar? Snickers Bar? Know which I'd rather choose! Anyway, you need sugar in your diet so that little bit certainly ain't gonna hurt you. And it's from fruit! LOL