Walking Challenge: Back to the Basics

Options

Replies

• EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've got 13/20 done so far. Feeling sick lately thanks to TOM so we'll see how the next week goes. I've got M-F lab shifts all week...
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    4.25 miles done this morning.

Thank you so much for starting this thread! :flowerforyou: I've been doing 30 day shred for the last few days and I'm always pretty tired when I get done. This thread has gotten me to push myself and get on that Dreadmill when I'm done. It actually really helped with my leg soreness this morning.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    LOL @ CricketKate - Dreadmill

Checking in @ 35 miles completed :smile: Still another 25 more miles to go to meet my goal.
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    got my 3 in today
  • CricketKate
    Options
    5.25 this morning.

Have a great day everyone!:laugh:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Well...I missed some days, then I know I had a day I made up what I missed...but then I missed some MORE days.....And through all this I don't think I updated my tracker :sad: Now I don't know how many I actually missed. So...to "officially" catch myself up...I'm going to walk enough miles to catch up my tracker today...even if its more than I need too...extra exercise never hurt anyone right?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I would love to get in on this for February if by chance you do it again!

I think I'm going to start this again for February. Maybe start the topic a few days early so people can join in before it starts lol.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    :embarassed: :sad: :laugh: :bigsmile: :huh: :drinker:
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    did only 1.5 miles today, couldn't focus. Can someone tell me what the 30 day shred is. A couple have mentioned doing it. Where can I find information on it? Thanks. Everyone is doing so well.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I got in 5.3 miles this morning and I don't think that I called my treadmill any names:laugh:

The 30 Day Shred is an exercise video that was put out by Jillian Michaels. You can purchase in at Walmart or Tartget for around $10. I finished Day 5 this morning.:smile:
  • peppermints525
    peppermints525 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm in -it seems I always get too busy,or lazy, over the holidays . I love Leslie Sansone tapes and I'm trying to do those 5x a week. I've done them twice so far this week. Trying to lose 40 pounds.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Today is supposed to be day 2 of 30 day shred for me....but it seriously kicks my butt! lol
  • mama2healthy
    Options
    Hi girls. I love Leslie and Im trying to do my walk every day if not every other day :). You guys seem like a nice group.
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    Back on track today with my 3 miles as far as walking goes but really fell off the wagon as far as food goes. Have to work it off tomorrow. thanks for the info on the 30 day shred, i'll look for it when i get to the store.
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'd love to join you in February. I'll make my ticker and report in February 1st!! Really looking forward to getting some walking in and then maybe I'll have the motivation to go back to the 30-day shred. Thanks for starting the challenge. :flowerforyou: Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, not too expensive heart rate monitor so I can keep track of calories burned??
  • mommacitab
    mommacitab Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CricketKate
    Options
    :laugh:
    Today is supposed to be day 2 of 30 day shred for me....but it seriously kicks my butt! lol

After Day 1 (on Saturday) I couldn't even move for about 2 hours:laugh: Today the soreness is not as bad, but the workout is still a killer for me. Just keep with it. You'll get there!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'd love to join you in February. I'll make my ticker and report in February 1st!! Really looking forward to getting some walking in and then maybe I'll have the motivation to go back to the 30-day shred. Thanks for starting the challenge. :flowerforyou: Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, not too expensive heart rate monitor so I can keep track of calories burned??

I like the ones I got from walmart...but I think it was discontinued. I still see it at the stores, but its not online or anything. Its the Sportline SX Universal Combo ECG Heart Rate Monitor Watch. Which ever you go with, I'd go with one with a chest strap that does continuous heart rate. Its so worth the money (I paid $50 for my HRM), because you don't have to keep checking your HR and then figure out the average, and then figure out calories burned from that. I hear costco has some good ones too that aren't super expensive.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Got 3.25 in this morning. I am feeling really sluggish today. I hoped that exercise would help, but it only made it worse. Have a great day everyone!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Hey, Just wanted to let everyone know I started a February Thread if you wanted to keep up with the walking next month. It won't start till Feb 1st, just giving people time to join in. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/162382-february-walking-challenge