Easter Challenge

Options

Replies

• kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    KAECHELLE: You can also try your library for workout DVD's. I'm sure that would be a great place to start & pretty cheap to check those out too! Also if you decide to do some online - Youtube also has several Zumba workouts.

Choco - I'm sure your gain was nothing but sodium & water weight from the holidays. You will be back to your 120 in nothing flat! :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    TOM has reared it's ugly head therefore I'm not feeling 100% today which means this will be a quick post. Today I completed the Fire 30, Abs 10 and Stretch 10 dvds from the Turbo Fire program. Once again the moves took a little bit to get adjusted to but if I didn't catch on quick enough I just improvised by doing a move that was very similar.

Kintegra: Thank for the support and I believe your right not to mention TOM craziness added into the mix. I stood on the scale today just to see what it would say and I was 130 lbs and that was w/full workout gear (jogging paints, flannel shirt, sports bra), sneakers and a sweater on so I figure by next week I should be back at about 125 lbs.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! A quick post prior to the start of my morning meeting. Today I completed the Fire 45 EZ dvd from the Turbo Fire program. This is another really good dvd but I struggled with some of the moves so I had to improvise but nonetheless I ROCKED THIS OUT and BURNED 536 calories in 45 minutes.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    How is everyone's first week of the new year going? Staying on track? Any big challenges?

I'm doing okay - sticking with my exercise plan (I've got a detailed day-by-day plan for workouts from now through April). Couldn't say no to a few cookies on Tuesday, but successfully turned down baklava yesterday - yay! One of my things-to-work-on is keeping my total sugar at lower levels (preferrably 10% or less of total calories) and I've actually been pretty close this week. Hoping the momentum I'm building now will carry me successfully all year!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Hello Hello all :) Hope your first week is well.

So far, I've walked outside everyday this week (2x on Monday) and 'Just Dance'd as well as walked with Leslie Sansone. My 2nd 5k is this Saturday, in the cold Midwest weather and at night...what the heck was I thinking?!?!?! Oh yea, that I LOVE a challenge!!

As for my food, it's been pretty good this week, lots of veggies, some fruits, loads of protien. No candy yet and I'm glad!! We did go to a local restaurant last night with no clue on the cal's and such, but a free meal on a limited income is nothing to pass up. I made sure to have a salad first with no cheese and only 1/4 of the dressing that I made them put on the side, as for the pasta, I had about half the meal and still was able to have 2 toasted ravioli. I drank 12 glasses of water yesterday and, so for, it looks like my water weight from the holidays is half gone, not quite to my pre holiday weight, but I'm only a few pounds from it, either way, looks like I'll get to report a loss for the week, YAY!!

Time to head out and get some exercise on, later tators!

XoxoxoX Bru
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I am in on this challenge! I love having a place to go to see familiar names and encourage each other to reach our goals!!! I weigh in on Tuesday mornings, so that's when I will update!

So far this week I have exercised on my elliptical 45 minutes everyday! It's hard to get back on track, the first day was awful, but my elliptical and I are good friends and I seem to be settling back into the workout groove!!! Thinking of picking up some wii dance games and some Zumba dvd's too!!! Just to help spice it up a little! As soon as the weather warms up a bit more, I'll start my 8km loop with the double stroller a couple times a week! Can't wait to feel healthy again! Best of luck to all of you!!!

Weigh in weeks:

Jan 3rd: 262 lbs
    10th:
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: Reaching 230 would be wonderful!!!
  • kintegra
    Options
    Wow - I ate so well today! Ya gotta love it when you sit down to put your food in after dinner and still have calories left AND still have to enter your exercise! So...just had to have a bowl of cereal for a snack before settling down on the couch to relax! Great feeling! :bigsmile:

FYI - in case some of you didn't see my post this morning (not on here) but anyway....I tried the new Fruit/Maple Oatmeal from McDonald's this morning. I'm not a McDonald's person normally - but OMG it was FABULOUS! Yummy! I saw the commercial for it last night & just had to go try it! So if you need a good healthy breakfast or snack...go on thru that drive thru for it! 290 calories with everything in it (brown sugar, apples, raisins, & cranberries). And its available ALL DAY LONG! $1.99 for a good portion size! It was probably about 1.5 cups I would guesstimate!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all and TGIF! I'm posting a bit late because I've been really busy with work and I'm suffering from a bad headache too. Quick post. Today I completed the Core 20 and the Stretch 40 dvds from the Chalean Extreme program. While the pace takes a lot to get use to since it's sooooo much slower than our normal workouts my body appreciated the "rest". Can not wait to climb in my bed and relax. It will definitely be a low-key weekend.

Kintegra: Did the oatmeal keep you full? While I'm pretty good about eating breakfast at home it's always nice to have a plan B. Also, you were right about the water weight/sodium from the holidays. I weighed today for another challenge (which I've decided will be my regular weigh day) and I was down from 130 lbs to 124.5 lbs which makes a lot more sense.
  • kintegra
    Options

Kintegra: Did the oatmeal keep you full? While I'm pretty good about eating breakfast at home it's always nice to have a plan B. Also, you were right about the water weight/sodium from the holidays. I weighed today for another challenge (which I've decided will be my regular weigh day) and I was down from 130 lbs to 124.5 lbs which makes a lot more sense.

I figured as much! Good for you on getting it flushed away already! As for the Oatmeal...yes it did keep me full. If I ever need to get a quick yummy snack before I go to the gym, that is where I'm heading! Gotta love oatmeal & fruit on the go! :bigsmile:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is staying on track and feeling great! I'm starting to feel the groove setting in and I'm loving it! Can't wait to see the weight start dropping off!!!!!! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Saturday to all! I got my day started off in the right direction by getting up early and completing Fire 45, then jumping rope for 15 minutes and then stretching it out for another 15 minutes. I completed a total of 75 minutes and burned over 700 calories in the process.....WooHoo.....WooHoo...

Once the workout was complete, I hopped in the shower, got dressed and headed out the door to complete the errands. There's suppose to be a winter storm heading out way (GA) tomorrow evening and lasting until Monday evening so I wanted to ensure I had all the basics plus some rock salt just in case. Now that the workout is done, errands complete, bills paid, refrigerator stocked I can spend the rest of the day relaxin.............LIFE IS GOOD RIGHT NOW!!!!!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    So, my '5k' turned into a 1.5miles walk/run..:frown: . appearently only those who signed up for the competitive run get to do the whole 5k, everyone else does the 1.5...I didn't find out until after reaching the 1.5mile marker when they said 'all walkers you are done, please go inside, all runners, men to the right, women to the left' :grumble: Gee thanks for being clear about this on the flyer that I got.. and let's face, everyone looks forward to those race day tee's..a trophy tee if you will..You guessed it, again, only the 'runners' get one. :grumble: Everyone else gets a reusable shopping bag promoting the place and has nothing to do with the 5k on it, not that I won't use it, but still. A little annoyed but it will pass. Just wished they were better organized. Now, cappuccino, cheese potatoes, and a fire for the night.:ohwell: I'm really looking forward to the 5k in March, because I KNOW it's an actual 5k :drinker: Enjoy your weekend all!!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Jan 3rd: 177
    10th: 171.2 (5.8 lb loss)
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th: ((Mini Goal: 170 lbs))
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th: ((Mini Goal: 165 lbs))
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: ((Goal: 159 lbs... or less of course!))
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Just thought I would add my monthly goals I know weigh in is tommorow!!! Excited!!!:tongue:

Weigh in weeks:

Jan 3rd: 143.0 lbs
    10th:
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th: 134 lbs
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th: 127 lbs
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th: 123 lbs
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<goal 120 lbs>>>
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Today I completed the commercial challenge from the "Vixens and Foxes" thread. The goal was to complete some form of exercise during an hour long program. I decided to use the Kansas Chiefs vs Baltimore Raves football game. I started at 1:09 and finished at 2:09. I decided to jump rope during the commercial breaks. I used a stop watch to track my time and when it was all said and done I had jumped rope for a total of 25 minutes and 15 seconds.

Brunettewife: Sorry to learn you weren't able to run your entire 5k. I'm sure you'll do well in March. I hate when events are unorganized b/c it feels like a waste of my time but glad you made the best of a not so great situation.
  • BlueOwlz
    Options
    Hi! I wanted to meet my weight loss goal by my youngest daughter's 1st birthday (April 13) so I thought I'd join the Easter challenge!

Weigh in weeks:

Jan 3rd: 177.8 lbs
    10th:
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<goal 135.0 lbs>>>

2793314.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is Saturday and I lost 1lb, think I may have lost another 2, but refuse to count it until next week :) so.......

Jan 3rd: 159lb
    10th: 158lb
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: final goal weight 135lb
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Well what a good week!!! I can't believe I lost this much!!! I actually weigh in on Saturdays and i weighed 138.8, but I weighed again this morining and weighed 139.2....I know it is all water weight..too much salt yesterday for sure! Good luck to everyone else!!!

Weigh in weeks:

Jan 3rd: 143.0 lbs
    10th: 139.2 lbs
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th: 134 lbs
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th: 127 lbs
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th: 123 lbs
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<goal 120 lbs>>>
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Jan 3rd: 266.8
    10th: 263.1
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: GOAL 240

I started logging my food again this week after not doing it for a couple of months. It paid off because I lost 3.7 pounds!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    2 lbs lost last week. Great start to the new year!

Jan 3rd: 190 lbs
    10th: 188 lbs (-2)
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st: