Easter Challenge

Options

Replies

• aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I need the motivation. I was doing extremely well pre holiday season but I fall off the wagon and it was not pretty. That darn wagon ran me over several times:sad:. I am back on the wagon and needing much encouragement. I will send my stats tomorrow morning after I weigh in which I have not done in approximately a month and I am SCARED!!!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!

If everyone could post their weights each week by Wednesdays would be great, that way accountant_boi can get our chart ready. He's doing such an awesome thing for us all! Thanks again for that! :flowerforyou:
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Totally doable - I just have to keep my eyes on the prize.

Jan 17th: 208.2 lbs
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<< 160 lbs>>>
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Will post Wed as kids were off today and could not get to gym.

have a good one!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Well, as I wondered with the huge results from last week...I saw nothing this week, but got in my workouts and feel good! Hopefully now I've caught up and will see more weight fall off next week!!!

Jan 3rd: 262 lbs
    10th: 251 lbs (-11!!!)
    17th: 251 lbs (no change)

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I am excited and loving being held accountable by posting my goals and weight. I did weigh myself today and I gained 5 pounds over the holiday :cry: . My goal weight at the end of this challenge is "151.0". I already did 55 minutes of spin this morning!!!

Jan
    17th: 172.0 (Start weight)
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb
    7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar
    7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr
    4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Today I completed Turbo Fire - 45 EZ from the Turbo Fire program and Ab Ripper X from the P90X program.
  • kintegra
    Options
    Jan 3rd: 203.0 lbs
    10th: 201.1 lbs (1/8/10)
    12th: 198.8 lbs ONEDERLAND!!!!
    17th: 199.2 lbs
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th: >>>goal 189 lbs<<<
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<goal 175 lbs>>>
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all and happy hump day! I had a unit training this morning and I underestimated my workout and how long it was going to take to get ready and out the door so as a result I was rushing a bit. I have to get back into the groove of getting up really early, getting the workout completed, eat breakfast, shower and head out in enough time to not have to rush to work. I think we have about a week left of working from home and then it's back into the office for the next 3-5 months.

Today is a strength training day but since I wanted a better calorie burn I decided to add a little cardio. I started off with the Insanity warm up and boy did I forget how intense that can be. Once that was done I completed the Push Circuit 2 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program and I'm happy to announce that I was able to increase my weights on most of the exercises. Push Circuit is mainly shoulders and legs and for some shoulder exercises I lifted 10 lbs and for others I lifted 15 lbs and I definitely feel the burn. I could not make it to 8 reps but definitely rocked out 6 so I reached failure. On the leg exercises I was able to increase my weights from 15 lbs to 20 lbs. I'm happy with today's workout and the progress i'm making.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Jan 3rd: 128 lbs
    10th: 128
    17th: 126.5
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: 123
  • topazz
    topazz Posts: 7
    Options
    thanks for posting this! is it too late to join? i look forward to being able to wear spaghetti straps out in the warm weather without being embarrassed :)

Jan 19th: 130
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th: (goal 125)
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th: (goal 120)
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th: (goal 115)
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<goal 110 lbs>>>
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hey all - it's been a long day... I'll post the chart for this week's weigh in tomorrow! Hope everyone's week is going well. :smile:
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm holding on to 145, I have two more weeks before I'm able to go in the gym and do weights.

Weigh in weeks:

Jan 3rd: 145.0 lbs
    10th: 145
    17th: 145
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<goal 130 lbs>>>
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afteroon all. I really don't know why I'm posting so late considering I've been up since 8 am and the workout's been completed since around noon. Anyway, today I completed Burn Intervals and instead of Ab Burner I did Fast Abs from the Kettleworx series. All the ab exercises are performed while holding a kettlebell. I was able to burn over 550 calories in 65 minutes so I'm happy w/today's effort.

I will say that my shoulders are extremely sore from yesterdays increase in shoulder weights and today's Burn intervals. It's a good sore so I'm not going to complain too much.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Just came across this, I thought we would all benefit from it: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE
  • kintegra
    Options
    So my girl Bru challenged me to a virtual 5k last Saturday. I hate that darn treadmill....so I did it again tonight! Saturday I was at about 43 min. Tonight I was down to just under 38 minutes! I still walked a bit, but I almost beat my time from my last ACTUAL 5K in October! AND I DIDN'T WALK THAT ONE AT ALL! Tonight I was running mostly 10-10.5 min miles (5.7-6.0 mph) When I did the 5K in October I was at 12min 5 sec miles (5mph)! :bigsmile:

So....here it is in writing so I can be accountable: I'm going to run a 5k every week on that darn Dreadmill. Yes I am! :bigsmile:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Week 2 - sorry it's kind of small print. I'm going to try to find some way to make it easier... unfortunately MFP will just cut-off the ends of pictures that are too big.

Easter_Week2.png

Question: For the people who just don't check back in... should we take them off after missing 2 or 3 weeks? (Which would give us more room on the spreadsheet) or are we going to leave them in the whole 4 months??
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My weight haven't changed. Just wanted to give you the info.
    Here are week 1 results. I'll post week 2 after the 17th, since that's technically our weigh-in day and many people won't be weighing in until then.

Easter_Week1.jpg
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    My weight haven't changed. Just wanted to give you the info.

Yep - we're good! I've got your same weight entered on the updated chart that I posted last night.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY! No real plans this weekend other than to get the errands taken care of. I may head to the redbox today to pick up a movie or two otherwise, it will be very low key.

Today I began my workout by completing the Insanity warm up, then easily moved right into Push Circuit 3. I don't really have a favorite workout but I'm starting to lean more towards Push Circuit 3. I think I am favoring this workout because it's were I feel the strongest. I lifted 20 lbs for every exercise but felt I could still go heavier when completing the Sumo Squat, Bowler Lunge and Single Leg Suma Squat. Since I will not be purchasing heavier weights right away I tried to exaggerate the movement like Chalean says in order to create more resistance. I will say I did reach failure at 6 reps for the Chest Fly, Double Arm Bent Over Row and Bench Press so there's no need to increase weights in that area. I concluded the workout w/a 10 minute stretch w/Stretch 10 from the Turbo Fire program. I burnt over 550 calories in 60 minutes and I feel awesome.

Since I felt great and was STARVING I made some homemade french toast (whole wheat bread, egg beaters and a tad bit of fat free milk w/cinnamon), turkey sausage and a boiled egg.

What a great way to end the work week and begin the weekend.

Accountant Boi: I'm alright w/deleting people who haven't checked in at all. While I will continue to post daily I wont be checking in w/my weight weekly only b/c I was becoming a bit obsessive so told myself I would not weigh weekly. However, when I do weigh in I'll be sure to post it. I may weigh twice a month or monthly, haven't decided.