Easter Challenge

Options

Replies

• t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my computer crashed this week, so I can't post all of my weight loss for the past weeks (using my cell, and can't do much on here), but I thought I would weigh in anyways. I was thrilled with my loss this week, since the weekend wasn't too great! We went out to dinner one night and had a family party the next day.
    January 17: 169
    January 24: 165 lbs!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Since today is officially BLUE MONDAY (whatever the hell that is) I really couldn't tell ya what my weight was this morning. :laugh: I'm pretty sure I was still sleeping until about an hour ago. I've been at work for over 6 hours, but I don't know how that happened! :laugh:

Anyway - I'll weigh in tomorrow. Everyone please be sure to get your weights in by Wednesday so Trent can post the chart! Thanks again, Trent, for all your hard work! It is much appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the newbies!

P.S. Everyone go drink a glass of water...NOW! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    WEIGHING-IN TODAY!! (Nothing dramatic....but every little bit helps.)

Jan 3rd: 157.6
    10th: 155.4
    17th: 154.2
    24th: 154.0
    31st:
    Feb 7th: <<<mini goal of 150>>>
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th: <<<mini goal of 145>>>
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th: <<<mini goal of 140>>>
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<challenge goal of 137>>>
  • lchalmers
    Options
    Can I join in!?
    Here are my stats (:

Jan 3rd: 240
    10th: 237
    17th: 236
    24th: 235
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<goal 200 lbs>>>
  • trendely87
    trendely87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3rd: 135
    10th: 136
    17th: 135
    24th: 135
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: Goal 120
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    snip. . .
    Has anyone else used the monitor and how accurate do you think it is???

DH and I got HRMs for last Christmas (a year ago). I don't use mine as much as he's used his, but he swears by it. He finds that on some things MFP and the HRM match up, but on others they are off. Generally speaking, if it's off, MFP is typically lower than the HRM. (There are a few exceptions, but in general.)

I didn't weigh in this AM, but I will tomorrow. I did, however, go to Zumba for the first time tonight. Oh goodness! THAT was an experience! I had fun, but after about 25 minutes I was really wishing I could just lay down. Probably should've waited until I was totally over this breathing crud I've had, but we just joined the Y this weekend, and I was super excited to finally get to try it. Because I was having trouble breathing through some of it, I didn't go as hard as I could have, but I still burned 572 cals in 60 minutes. That may be the best burn I've had since joining MFP! I hope to be able to do it twice a week, but we're still working on scheduling and how to work it out. Here's to hoping, because I had a BLAST!

Welcome to all the new members! It's great to see you. Good work to everyone who lost this week. Keep working! We'll see how I've done in the morning!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Well, i will not be posting again this week until Wednesday. Kiddos have been home Thursday, Friday and Monday because of snow. So sick of snow days!!!!! I have not run since last Wednesday:( Thankfully, they go back tomorrow but gym day is not until Wednesday. Have good one.

BTW, Bru: Sorry about your tooth. Sounds so painful :(
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lisawest for the info on the heart/calorie monitor. I am excited about using it and seeing the actual calories I am burning.

Jan
    17th: 172.0 (Start weight)
    24th: 168.5
    31st:
    Feb
    7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar
    7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr
    4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th:
  • nesa98
    nesa98 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Can I join just a little late?? I have weigh ins....

Jan 3rd: 178 lbs
    10th: 177.6
    17th: 174
    24th: 173.4
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th: ((goal to be 170))
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th: ((goal to be 165))
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<goal 150 lbs>>>

I'm doing bad right now with retaining water and not having any BMs... I exercise daily... Plus I have started to eat differently... I will try my best :)
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Jan 3rd: 262 lbs
    10th: 251 lbs (-11!!!)
    17th: 251 lbs (no change)
    24th: 246 lbs (-5!!!)

Much happier with the results this week!!! I've upped my veggie intake last week which I hope to maintain, even though I still have to sneak some of it into my food! I'm like a big kid who doesn't like her veggies! This weeks goal for me is to cut down on diet pop, I know I won't cut it out completely yet, but limiting to one every other day is doable...I think! Though I may have to take up drinking coffee to keep up with my kids!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'll try to post quick b/c I have a work assignment that needs to get done by close of business and I have volunteer tonight.

Today was my first time completing the Turbo Fire - Fire 55 EZ dvd and it worked my booty good. The music is great but as always the choreography takes some getting use to but in my good ole chocolickkyss form I improvised when I felt like it was taking me too long to get the moves. Found myself cursing at the dvd a little today too because I really wasn't in the mood for such a long workout in the beginning but by the finale I was all smiles. In order to have a full hour of cardio I repeated the Fire 55 EZ warm up and when it was all said and done I burned 645 calories.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well, after a weekend of horrible tooth/mouth pains, throbbing and stabbong feelings, ugh, it was HORRIBLE.. I called the dentist and got my appt in this morning. Had to have Nick's mom take me in (which was actually GREAT!) and my tooth is infected. I am on amoxicillin and hydrocodin and I have to have oral surgery to have 2 teeth cut out in about 10 days. Problem was, I was never put on Nick's insurance, so I was really worried about the cost of everything. Luckily the dentist is a distant relative of Nicks and will just bill us later on. Well, when Nick's mom heard I wasn't covered, she took me to the union hall and had the secretary (the whole family is good friends with the hall, thank goodness!) call in and add me to medical/dental and prescrip. Well, problem was I needed the pills like, a week ago, and with Nick being out of work for a week it was looking bad. So, we went to Walgreens and gave them all the info...my 'scrips cost $3.54!! TOTAL!! The insurance literally covered me *snap* like that! THANK GOODNESS! My oral suregery last time for one tooth was $300...so hopefully it's only half or so.

My food yesterday was crap..yogurt, peanut butter, milk... now that I have pain pills, I can eat a little more.. I want a cheeseburger soooo bad though..not chancing that til after my surgery though.

I hope you all are having a great week, mine is finally looking up..
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Bru- I am glad that things are looking up for you!

Here's my weigh in for this week. Not what I was hoping for, but with the amount of sodium I ate over the last two days I'm not surprised!

Jan 3rd: 165 lbs
    10th: 165 lbs
    17th: 163 lbs
    24th: 163 lbs
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: <<<goal 160 lbs>>>

Hopefully with Zumba twice a week (most weeks), swimming when we can squeeze it in, and my 4 free sessions with a personal trainer I can drop these last three!
  • BlueOwlz
    Options
    Weigh in weeks:

Jan 3rd: 177.8 lbs
    10th: 174.8 (down 3 lbs)
    17th: 171.0 (down another 3.8 lbs)
    24th: 170.0 (down another 1 lb)

This was my weight in the middle of the week so I think I've lost more. I'm on business travel this week so I am waiting until I get home to weigh in.

It's REALLY hard but doable to stay within calorie goals while on travel (all meals eaten out at restaurants). It requires a lot more exerise to burn off the extra calories.

Other than that, I'm feeling really good. I tried running the past couple days which is not something I thought I could do because of my hip surgeries (and doctor's orders to not do it). The problem though is that my left hip is really weak from the incisiions so as I land on that food I feel the instability from left to right. My usual pains weren't there on the 2nd day of running so I actually jogged for 12 minutes on the treadmill which was awesome. Some muscle soreness in the front of my hip but that's good! We'll see if I can do another 12 minutes today or even longer. I'm excited about the prospect of being able to do light running again (especially outside when spring arrives).
  • nesa98
    nesa98 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    BlueOwlz - I envy your loss. I am stuck and it is so hard. I work out every day and I am getting no where and it makes me want to eat more. Any suggestions on what I can do since we are somewhat same weight? Thank you!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Other than that, I'm feeling really good. I tried running the past couple days which is not something I thought I could do because of my hip surgeries (and doctor's orders to not do it). The problem though is that my left hip is really weak from the incisiions so as I land on that food I feel the instability from left to right. My usual pains weren't there on the 2nd day of running so I actually jogged for 12 minutes on the treadmill which was awesome. Some muscle soreness in the front of my hip but that's good! We'll see if I can do another 12 minutes today or even longer. I'm excited about the prospect of being able to do light running again (especially outside when spring arrives).

So did you have hip replacement surgery? I'm curious as my BFF had hip replacement about 9 years ago & has gained SO much weight. She hardly even walks much because she says she can't. So I'm wondering if that is really the case... I'm SO concerned for her & wish she would start losing. She did take water aerobics until a few months ago she stopped (because I told her she would have to drive herself as I would already be at the gym). I wish she would try a bit more.:cry: You are doing amazing that you are running! That is SO great! :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy hump day! Today was not a great workout day for me. I awoke still feeling sore and a bit sluggish but knew I had to get the workout in early b/c a long day was ahead. Today I completed the Push Circuit 2 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I don't know why but I don't really enjoy doing shoulder work and this circuit is primarily shoulders which made today's workout that much harder.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Exercised this morning and ate really good throughout the day except for the two slices of pizza tonight which fit into my calories but not my sodium. Granted I was still under 2000 in my sodium but I am trying to keep it around 1500!!! Hope this helps with me being stuck!!!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Jan 3rd: 128 lbs
    10th: 128
    17th: 126.5
    24th: 128
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: 123

Not too surprised I gained between no exercise the past week and TOM. :( Back on track today!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening everyone! TOM is lurking and I have absolutely no energy and am pretty achy. In addition to not feeling great, I've been very busy trying to preparing for my return to the office next week. We've already been assigned cases so I've been doing a lot of prep work so I can hit the ground running next week. Anyway, Today I completed the Fire 30 dvd from the Turbo Fire program. I am sooooo glad a shorter workout was scheduled for today.