Easter Challenge

Options

Replies

• BlueOwlz
    Options
    Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.......Today I turned 38 and I feel GREAT!

You look awesome! Happy Birthday!
  • Sunsama
    Sunsama Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.......Today I turned 38 and I feel GREAT!

Happy Birthday!! :flowerforyou:
  • trendely87
    trendely87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    happy birthday!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy Thursday! I really truly don't know how this day got away from me. I woke up at the same time and turned on my agency computer just like normal and then the next thing I knew it was 11:00 am and I hadn't eaten or done a workout and I was sitting there scratching my head trying to figure out how that happened. I threw on my workout clothes and pushed play on the dvd and did my best to Rock Out the Burn Intervals and Ab Burner dvds from the Chalean Extreme program. My shoulders are extra sore from all the shoveling I did Tuesday and Push Circuit 2 from yesterday.

Thank you all for the birthday shout outs, you don't know how much they really mean. Yesterday was pretty uneventful due to the weather. I have not left my driveway since Saturday because the streets are just too crazy. Today looks a little better but by tomorrow it should be looking really good. I will probably venture out the house tomorrow since today is my Friday. Tomorrow my job has another furlough day so no work for me which means an extra long weekend....YIPPEE....YIPPEE!

My girlfriends and I are goiong to celebrate my birthday by going to this venue called Sips n Strokes. This is a painting gallery where an instructor helps the class paint a picture. The schedule of which pictures will be painted when goes out about a month in advance that way people have an opportunity to choose which painting they want. While being instructed on how to paint your picture you're able to sip on your beverage of choice. My friends and I will be bringing a couple bottles of wine, cheese and crackers and spinach dip/chips in order to get our creative juices flowing. At the conclusion of class each student gets to sign their painting and take it home with them. This should be an interesting experience because I have absolutely no artistic ability.

Welcome to all the newbies......I've found that challenges really help keep me motivated. I'll admit some work better for me than others but I love them nonetheless.
  • Sunsama
    Sunsama Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My girlfriends and I are goiong to celebrate my birthday by going to this venue called Sips n Strokes. This is a painting gallery where an instructor helps the class paint a picture. The schedule of which pictures will be painted when goes out about a month in advance that way people have an opportunity to choose which painting they want. While being instructed on how to paint your picture you're able to sip on your beverage of choice. My friends and I will be bringing a couple bottles of wine, cheese and crackers and spinach dip/chips in order to get our creative juices flowing. At the conclusion of class each student gets to sign their painting and take it home with them. This should be an interesting experience because I have absolutely no artistic ability.

LOL! I must admit, I'm really curious how these paintings turn out... it sounds like sooo much fun!!! I wish there was something like that where I live... I definitely could use a good laugh or two !
  • trendely87
    trendely87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    YAY I lost 1.5 pounds but I'm going to wait until Monday to chart it just in case. But I'm so happy.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Wow everyones doing really really well :O

Also happy birthday, happy 11lb in one week and happy arrival in onederland :)
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Lost another one!! One more to go to get back my pre-Christmas/New Years weight.. I finally decided to bring Jillian out yesterday..I forgot how sore you can be the following day :ohwell:

Jan 3rd: 202.6
    10th: 199.4
    17th: 198.4
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: goal 178 lbs
    XoxoxoX Bru
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.......Today I turned 38 and I feel GREAT! The State of GA is slowly improving and I believe will be back to normal by the weekend. There was a 2 hour work delay so was able to sleep in just a little bit longer. I got my birthday started in the right direction by completing my workout and then eating a nice hearty bowl of oatmeal w/a banana.

Happy birthday Choco!! Hope it was a wonderful one!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. This week is going well - I'm feeling great about next week's weigh-in... been a good week and the scale has been going down a little bit every day so far this week. (I only log/count my official Monday weigh-ins.) I'm sticking with my exercise - ran 3 miles last night in just under 33 minutes, so that's less than 11 min/mile. I'm running 4 miles tomorrow for my long run. Hoping to do it in 45 min or less. The longest I've run at one time up to this point is 3.5 miles. I'm excited because 4 miles is about 2/3 of the way to a 10k, which is what I've signed up to do on May 1st.

Kintegra - since you're the originator of this thread, I wanted to ask if you'd be interested in me creating a spreadsheet to track everyone's progress. I'd post an updated picture of it after weigh-ins every week - I'd be happy to do so and I think it might be a fun way to make it feel more group-like. I've done it for other challenges before, and it's pretty easy.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge. Hope its not to late to join...
    My goal is 160lbs by Easter - since I'm aiming to lose 5lbs a month. Hopefully as I get better at this I can do more

Jan 1st: 181
    3rd: 180
    10th: 178
    17th:
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: [Goal 160 lbs]
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Friday! Once again the day has gotten away from me but was able to knock out today's workout before it got too crazy. Today I completed the Push Circuit 3 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program, jumped rope for 25 minutes and then stretched for 15 minutes.

I really am going to have to purchase heavier weights b/c I was able to rock out this entire circuit without really reaching failure. Don't get me wrong I felt each exercise but I could have completed more than 8 reps. I'm glad I'm getting stronger but did not want to have to spend money on additional weights just yet. I probably go lift at least 20 lbs on the upper body exercises and 25 or 30 lbs for the sumo squats and bowling lunches. I don't know if I can purchase both sets just yet but we'll see.

Accountant_boi: Thank you so much for the birthday shout out, it's greatly appreciated. Great job w/increasing your running miles and the continued weight loss.

Congratulations to everyone who is seeing a loss this week. Great job!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.......Today I turned 38 and I feel GREAT! The State of GA is slowly improving and I believe will be back to normal by the weekend. There was a 2 hour work delay so was able to sleep in just a little bit longer. I got my birthday started in the right direction by completing my workout and then eating a nice hearty bowl of oatmeal w/a banana.

Today I completed the Push Circuit 2 and Recharge dvds from the Chalean Extreme program and then jumped rope for 5 minutes so I good get in a full hour workout.

Just read this today, Happy Birthday Chocolickkyss, looking great!

Also, Welcome Sugar_Apple!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Kintegra - since you're the originator of this thread, I wanted to ask if you'd be interested in me creating a spreadsheet to track everyone's progress. I'd post an updated picture of it after weigh-ins every week - I'd be happy to do so and I think it might be a fun way to make it feel more group-like. I've done it for other challenges before, and it's pretty easy.

YES YES YES :bigsmile: That would be fantastic if you would be willing to do that for us all! Thank you!

Congrats to everyone on your losses this week! We are all doing great!

Kath - love your new pic! :smokin:

I'm headed out skiing with my neice in a bit! Should be a fun night!

I also found out this morning that my dad is having knee replacement surgery. So as soon as I find out the date I'm heading to Texas to be with him & my mom for awhile. I can't wait for the warm weather - hopefully I can get some running done while I'm down there! :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! I had to get up and at em early this morning because I had a very early hair appointment. I got up at 5 am and Rocked out the first part of today's workout. I completed the Burn It Off dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I was supposed to also do some ab work but did not have enough time this morning so will complete a little later after my errands have been completed.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Jan 3rd: 177
    10th: 171.2 - 5.8 lb loss
    17th: 171.2 - 0 lb loss (I'm okay with that after last week)
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th: ((Mini Goal: 170 lbs))
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th: ((Mini Goal: 165 lbs))
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: ((Goal: 159 lbs... or less of course!))
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Weigh day is sat and I had a 1lb loss, not great but still a loss.

Jan 3rd: 159lb
    10th: 158lb
    17th: 157lb
    24th:
    31st:
    Feb 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Mar 7th:
    14th:
    21st:
    28th:
    Apr 4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th: final goal weight 135lb
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Here are week 1 results. I'll post week 2 after the 17th, since that's technically our weigh-in day and many people won't be weighing in until then.

Easter_Week1.jpg
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Oops - double post.
  • BlueOwlz
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for posting it in that format!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Here are week 1 results. I'll post week 2 after the 17th, since that's technically our weigh-in day and many people won't be weighing in until then.

Easter_Week1.jpg

Oops - I think I swapped charity55's starting weight and goal weight - I'll fix that before I post the next one!