January 3-month Challenge, to start on 1/7/2011 (Friday)

Options

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    LAST CHANCE WORKOUT TODAY!! =)
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    I've only gone and injured my left foot...must have been the mile run I took part in yesterday :-(

Thursday 24th February

1) 5 cups of fluid
    2) 439 calories burned
    3) under calories!

I'm so excited for WI tomorrow guys! Good luck!
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So it's friday here already (can't believe it) and i can't weigh in :( because i don't have scales yet! Just moved into my new house in australia and everything is in complete shambles, my net has been on and off too so i haven't been able to log in my calories everyday. But i have been doing well, and sticking with it :)
    Our new house is about 5 mins from the beach which has a great jogging track so i'll be there quite a bit.
    Hope everyone has a great weigh in!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Mini Goal: Thursday, Feb. 24

1) 128 oz. water
    2) 662 calories burned (Insanity-Max Plyo)
    3) under calories (200+ under)

Disappointed with my burn today...could have/should have been higher but I injured my right shoulder last saturday and reaggrevated last night so I couldn't do the pushups in my workout....UGH...so I did a modified chunk of the workout! So frustrating sometimes...the burn was still good though!

Good luck to everybody tomorrow...I'm not exactly excited about weigh in...i've increased my "net" calories b/c they were too low last week due to the increased workout burn I've been getting so we'll see what my body thinks of it!!!
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    I'm so in love with these mini challenges we are doing! Even though it's just a small group of us who joined in.. it's been really helpful! I have been getting lots of messages about them and ideas for next weeks :) My results for today are: 1. 112 ounces of water, 2. 879+ cals burned, 3. Under calories!

Some of you might have seen that I had a session with a personal trainer tonight. I was very frustrated because I have been taking my own measurements since Dec of 2010 (once a month) and literally in 3 months I hadn't lost anything. I am certain it is because I am not doing it on myself right and I am probably measuring different spots every month! With that said, I asked my gym if they would do measurements for me and they straight up said "no".. those services are only for people who pay for PT sessions. I kind of get it but still. . . I pay monthly dues and have referred a handfull of people already. I just thought it was the least they could do! The guy who runs the front desk is a very sweet and always is nice to me and yesterday when I came in he said that he asked PT there to hook me up. I was very thankful! I had my measurements taken at 5 today and of course they were all over the place compared to what I took today (and of course, none were smaller than mine, LOL!) I ended up talking to this guy (has a degree) for over an hour about what I'm doing and so on.

What I learned tonight is that (1. this is just this man's professional opinion) and 2. I am doing way too much! Kinda good, kinda bad I guess. I bust my *kitten* 6-7days a week and count every calorie. When it comes to nutritioin he said 1200 is the bare bare minimum for anyone who lifts weights. Also it doesn't matter if you eat back what you burn off.

I do a lot of high intensity cardio but I learned that I may be burning off all the muscle that I am trying to build! I need to do more less intense and longer sessions and keep my HR in my fat burning zone. I don't think that in the last 2 months+ I have ever strived for my fat burning zone, because to me it seems really low. But IF YOU WANT TO BURN FAT YOU HAVE TO BE IN THAT ZONE! I am going to begin a (sort of) new program (without a trainer b/c I'm poor) that includes weight training 3x a week and on those days I am just going to speed walk on the treadmill for at least 60 minutes. The other days I am not going to go crazy like I have been and I'm going to take a class or something like that.

I learned a lot more but it's hard for me to tell all my listeners because I don't know if it's right for you. Everyone is at a totally different place. I just know I needed to change things up and I will stick with this for a while and see where it takes me!

They promised not to hound me for PT sessions, LOL, so we shall see about that! =)

Good luck with weighing in tomorrow ladies! Love you all!! :)
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Kerri, staying within the fat burning zone makes sense. I think I'll try it. Also it's good that they won't be harrasing you about getting a PT. It's the only thing I used to hate about my old gym. Push push push!

Anyway, weight didn't go down but it didn't go up either so I guess that's not bad either. A bit disappointing but my body's been aching the whole week so I thought it would be wise to just take a break.

Three Month goal:
    Week 1 (1/7) - 97 kg / 213.4lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) - 95kg / 209 lbs
    Week 3 (1/21) - 94kg/ 207 lbs
    Week 4 (1/28) - 93kg/205lbs
    Week 5 (2/4) – 92 kg/ 202.4lbs
    Week 6 (2/11) – 90.5kg/ 199.1lbs
    Week 7 (2/18) – 91kg /200lbs
    Week 8 (2/25) – 91kg /200 lbs
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) - 87 kg/191lbs - GOAL WEIGHT!

Good luck everyone else!!
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Kerri, zone training is endorsed by even the trainers at my gym and I too have heard the same sermon. My previous trainer suggested I spend some time on my fat burning zones, specially bc I won't give up zumba - which usually takes me to my threshold and above.

Today's numbers are:
    64 oz of water
    600 cal burned
    under calories

I already know my weight will be up because I started strength training again. Sorry about messing up the stats everyone ...
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hey everyone, this challenge is amazing because I lost 4.5lbs! Been eating a lot cleaner, not eating all of my exercise calories, much less sodium and more exercising. On the plus side, my body fat has apparently dropped 5.9%!

I'm so pleased, it makes up for my past two maintains!

Three Month Goal: 149lbs (to lose 17lbs)
    Week 1 (1/7) - 166lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) - 163lbs
    Week 3 (1/21) - 162lbs
    Week 4 (1/28) - 161lbs
    Week 5 (2/4) - 159.5lbs
    Week 6 (2/11) - 159.5lbs
    Week 7 (2/18) - 159.5lbs
    Week 8 (2/25) - 155lbs
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25)

Good luck everyone!
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!! Down 0.7 lbs this week. It isn't much but at least I'm going in the right direction this week.
    MEXICO in 4 weeks. YAY!!:happy:

Three Month goal: 125-130lbs
    Week 1 (1/7) - 144.1
    Week 2 (1/14) -140.5
    Week 3 (1/21) - 139.7
    Week 4 (1/28) - 141.1
    Week 5 (2/4) - 138.8
    Week 6 (2/11) -138.6
    Week 7 (2/18) - 138.8
    Week 8 (2/25) - 138.1
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) (MEXICO TODAY!!)

Any new suggestions for a mini challenge this week??
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Down a half pound since last week. I'll take it. Terrible week and Aunt Flow is visiting stong so down anything is great.

Week 1 (1/7) - 205.5 lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) – 202.5 lbs
    Week 3 (1/21) – 199.5 lbs
    Week 4 (1/28) – 199.5 lbs
    Week 5 (2/4) – 197 lbs
    Week 6 (2/11) – 199 lbs
    Week 7 (2/18) – 203 lbs
    Week 8 (2-25) - 202.5 lbs
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Down .4 lbs this week. It's only a small loss but I'm alright with that b/c I finally saw 129 on the scale...oh how I've missed the 120s...it's been YEARS!!!
  • sabell82
    Options
    Thanks for the post Kerri! I am going to look and see what my fat burning zone is, I never even thought about that...but if I want to get rid of my belly that is what I need to do, lose FAT!

Anyhow, the mini challenge was good for me too, even though I missed a couple days and didn't burn 500 calories but it was in my mind and I tried harder in my workouts. I went from jogging at 5mph to jogging at 5.5mph. Not much but an increase! And I lost a pound so I can't complain about that.
  • sabell82
    Options
    Down .4 lbs this week. It's only a small loss but I'm alright with that b/c I finally saw 129 on the scale...oh how I've missed the 120s...it's been YEARS!!!

Congratulations!! I am almost there with a cross over to the 130's! So I share your excitement! Good job, keep it up!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Week 1 (1/7) - 181
    Week 2 (1/14) - 179.4
    Week 3 (1/21) - 178.8
    Week 4 (1/28) - 178.0
    Week 5 (2/4) - 177.0
    Week 6 (2/11) - 176.6
    Week 7 (2/18) - 175.6
    Week 8 (2/25) - 174.6
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25)

Nice and steady weight loss. I was hoping for a bigger week but really struggled to get my exercise in. I am happy to continue going down. I am now officially below my pre-pregnancy weight. So this is the smallest I have been in over a year! 6.6 pounds to reach my 3 month goal. Still possible with 4 more weeks. Time to refocus and find a way to get off my butt and get some exercise in!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Are we going to continue with a mini challenge next week? I think it really help me stay focuse. Eventhough I didn't get the burn in everyday it really helped me concentrate on calories and water intake. I would definitely be up to another mini challenge.
  • jjeckels
    Options
    Hello Everyone...

I am so excited to announce that I lost 1.6 lbs this week...SWEET!!!! FL vacation is less than two weeks away...

Three Month goal: 140
    Week 1 (1/7) - 153.8
    Week 2 (1/14) - 153.8
    Week 3 (1/21) - 151.6
    Week 4 (1/28) - 151.6
    Week 5 (2/4) - 150.2
    Week 6 (2/11) - 149.6
    Week 7 (2/18) - 149.2
    Week 8 (2/25) - 147.6
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11)-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) -

SW: 158
    CW: 149.2
    GW: 135

Congratulations on everyone who has been dedicated to reaching their goals!
    I agree with Kerri, the mini-challenge definately helped keep me accountable on a daily basis this week, thanks for the idea...have a wonderful weekend!
    :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Are we going to continue with a mini challenge next week? I think it really help me stay focuse. Eventhough I didn't get the burn in everyday it really helped me concentrate on calories and water intake. I would definitely be up to another mini challenge.

Yes! It has been SOOO helpful this week and I can say that ALLLLL the weights (besides one wonderful woman and her TOM) have been losses!!! I have some ideas for the next mini challenge, I will post it tomorrow or tonight when I post the spreadsheet, so keep checking back! Anyone--message me with any ideas if you have any!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I know this thread has been going for a while but I only joined MFP a couple of days ago and I just stumbled across this thread today.
    It looks like it's been working really well for everybody involved and I was wondering if I could join you all for the lat 4 weeks of the challenge? It would definitely be a good way to get me going!

Here's my story:

Overweight since....FOREVER.
    2004/2005 - HW: around 230lbs ... Lost a few of stone during college years.
    2006 - Got down to about 182lbs
    2007 - Started dating my boyfriend in college....eating out every night, drinking, takeaways...lovey dovey period!
    Sep 2008 - Back up to 196lbs for graduation :( Joined gym.
    Xmas 2008 - 177lbs
    June 2009 - 161lbs stopped gyming for 3 or 4 months. LAZINESS!
    Xmas 2009 - 177lbs :(
    June 2010 - 159lbs... again stopped gyming for a few months. MORE LAZINESS!!
    Xmas 2010 - 170lbs
    Feb 20 2011 - 167lbs
    CW: 161.8lbs

Me in a very large and round nut shell! :p

So my next goal is to get to 150lbs by 31.03.2011....and I definitely need you guys' help to do it! As you can see I yo-yo constantly :(:(

My goal weight is 140lbs atm. I am 5ft 6" so I think 140 should be enough for me to be happy with. I am all about the curves! I dont want to look too thin and my boyfriend will kill me if I lose my bum....which I actually dont mind about keeping once everything else gets smaller!

So Im ready to get down to 150lbs in the next 4 weeks :)
    Just to note that the lowest weight I have EVER been in my life (in adulthood anyways) is 159lbs which Im pretty close to already, so Im really excited to see what I'll look like when I start hitting numbers below that!

I need to get below 154lbs for a healthy BMI. And even though Im so close its sooooo frustrating to think that Ive lost so much weight through the years and yet Im still overweight! This HAS to be my year!!

I was down 5.2lbs this week which Im so delighted about and I think joining MFP had something to do with it!

So my 4 week goal: Reach 150lbs
    Week 1 (1/7) - ...
    Week 2 (1/14) - ...
    Week 3 (1/21) - ...
    Week 4 (1/28) - ...
    Week 5 (2/4) - ...
    Week 6 (2/11) - ...
    Week 7 (2/18) - 167lbs
    Week 8 (2/25) - 161.8lbs
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) -

:) thanks guys :flowerforyou:
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Sure thing! I will add you to the spreadsheet. Please just message me your weight on Fridays! Add whomever you'd like as friend, everyone is great and supportive! Let me know if you have questions, and welcome =)
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm at 290 as of this morning. I allowed myself to slack for valentines day and haven't gotten back on the horse, drinking like an animal and paying for it the next day with uber breakfasts. I hate that I have to post a gain but there's NO reason for me not to get back on here. I missed the last mini challenge due to my own laziness and lack of interest, but I need to join the game again!! I have to be down 20 by 3/19!!! I've got a lot of work to do!