January 3-month Challenge, to start on 1/7/2011 (Friday)

Options

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    that sounds GREAT! 500 calories and at least 64 ounces of water!! I am personally going to aim to be UNDER my cals every day. Usually I even out for the week but that's because I go over some and am under some.

1. 500 calories burned Sun-Thursday or Mon-Thursday
    2. 64+ ounces of water a day
    3. Under your calorie goal every day

How does this sound ladies!!! Every day we post 1, 2, and 3 and what we did exactly like:
    (example):
    1. spinning class 600 calories
    2. 80 ounces water
    3. 1199 net calories!
    SOUNDS IDEAL!
  • sabell82
    Options
    I agree about having a mini-challenge.. GREAT IDEA! I have one going with a guy that I am friends with who isn't in the challenge. We talked about doing "who can burn more in the week, Mon-Sun".. Maybe we can modify that for the group.. How about if we ALL STRIVE FOR 500 CALS burned a day... SO 2000 Mon-Thurs and we weight in Friday..

I am open to doing multiple little challenges.. water, under cals, etc? What else do you guys think?!?!

I only burn around 300 calories per workout cause I have a hard time getting more than 30 minutes to myself but I will try to push myself harder during those 30 minutes. My jog has increased through this challenge from a 4 to a 5 on the treadmill!!! Maybe I can find ways throughout the day to get more burned calories....any ideas?
  • pamelaplt
    Options
    I love the mini challenge idea! I think it will help a lot of us (me for sure) stay focused and if we accomplish the daily goals, we are bound to achieve long term success (the whole reason we are all here). LETS DO THIS!!!!
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm all for the mini challenge! I won't be able to work out on Monday much (10 hour shift boo) but I'll do as much as I can :)
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    that sounds GREAT! 500 calories and at least 64 ounces of water!! I am personally going to aim to be UNDER my cals every day. Usually I even out for the week but that's because I go over some and am under some.

How does this sound ladies!!! Every day we post 1, 2, and 3 and what we did exactly like:
    (example):
    2. 80 ounces water
    3. 1199 net calories!
    SOUNDS IDEAL!

Why don't we just set a weekly calorie goal instead of a daily since all of us can't get to the gym everyday or may have trouble burning a certain amount each day. We could keep it at 2000 like Kerri said, but let it be a challenge to burn 2000 each week before our Friday weigh-ins. That way it could be more tailored to each persons schedule.

The rest of it looks great though and I think its a good idea to post what we've done each day to make sure we're accountable.
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options

(example):
    2. 80 ounces water
    3. 1199 net calories!
    SOUNDS IDEAL!

Why don't we just set a weekly calorie goal instead of a daily since all of us can't get to the gym everyday or may have trouble burning a certain amount each day. We could keep it at 2000 like Kerri said, but let it be a challenge to burn 2000 each week before our Friday weigh-ins. That way it could be more tailored to each persons schedule.

The rest of it looks great though and I think its a good idea to post what we've done each day to make sure we're accountable.

I'm with you guys!!
    I have been plateauing now for a good three weeks and it is seriously p*ssing me off. On a happier note I do appear to have gotten smaller eventhough I'm not lighter... I defintely don't drink enough water through the day so I will def being doing that. And being very very strict with logging absolutely everything.... And ramping up the exercise, I'm changing jobs after this week and so have had a stupid amount of work stuff on for the past few weeks, will have two weeks holiday time after that and I'm determined to burn a lot of calories in those 14d!!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of the mini challenge. I have been losing steadily but definitely haven't been pushing myself as hard as I can. Hopefully this will give me the extra motivation to get the 8 lbs off to get to my 3 month goal!
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options

(example):
    2. 80 ounces water
    3. 1199 net calories!
    SOUNDS IDEAL!

I like the idea of the weekly calorie goal too. I HATE EXERCISE :embarassed: but I think this is totally doable. I never log my exercise because I really don't do much but if you look at the exercise database we burn calories just doing everyday household stuff. Start logging that stuff and I'll bet we'll be shocked.

I will also be faithful with my food diary. I logged everything I ate yesterday and most of it was junk. I still logged every morsel.
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Great ideas guys!!
    2000 cals burned for the week sounds better than 500 a day, so everyone can do it their own way.

************So starting Monday come on here to post how much you worked out, your water consumed and if you met or were under your calorie goal!! =)=)=)
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Great ideas guys!!
    2000 cals burned for the week sounds better than 500 a day, so everyone can do it their own way.

************So starting Monday come on here to post how much you worked out, your water consumed and if you met or were under your calorie goal!! =)=)=)

So is it 2000cals burned Monday to Friday or Friday to Friday?

Can I post what I will have done today?
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    OK ladies, here I am. Finally a face to the name. Not the best photo, I'll get a better one on vacation.:flowerforyou:
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    OK ladies, here I am. Finally a face to the name. Not the best photo, I'll get a better one on vacation.:flowerforyou:

Nice to finally see you :flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just touching base. I hope everyone's weekend is going well. It's a long weekend in our neck of the wood ... we celebrate "Family Day" on Monday. I love long weekends. How is everyone doing? I've been fighting a bit of the winter blues. A few more sunny days like today would be awesome. Take care all and post to let us know how you're doing. Spring is just around the corner.
    FreeSpringClipArt.png?width=600&height=331
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Nice to see your pretty face Michelle!!

What if we post our 3. stats in our profile for the next 5 days like Sandee (having faith) did tonight! If you're not yet friends with everyone yet this will be a good opportunity!!!!

I hit 2/3 today. Hopefully Mon-Fri will be better!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    So excited to start the mini-challenges :-)
    I didn't log mine for yesterday so here it is:

I didn't workout b/c it was my rest day so no calories burned...i was under my calories...and I know I did not consume my 64 oz of water...NOT A GOOD DAY! My water bottle was in the dishwasher and then I just forgot about it...no water bottle=not enough water ;)

I have the day off today and i'm sitting on my butt doing school work ALL DAY...still watching what I eat and working out around 5ish (like a typical Monday) and I'm drinking my water since the dishwasher ran this morning ;)

Will post again later...good luck everyone...let's kick it this week...no more disappointing weeks!!! ;)
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I think we should also be careful about how much we're under our calories. I don't think it's healthy if you're at a 1200 calorie diet (like me), to be much lower than that. You don't really want to starve your body..
  • 0mega60
    0mega60 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    im returning back to MFP after leaving florida....big mistake...now im in the gym 7 days week in punishment for my 6 month withdrawl...lol

the fitness gym keeps me from doing any yoyo diets...and the MFP keeps me in focus daily...sometimes hourly especially with the smart phone APPS...im so thankful at my age i do not look my age and feel young but its never too late to get in the game or recommitt...fighting the winter blaus....

im ionspired..thanks
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge Monday 2/21
    - under cal goal
    - 80 oz of water consumed
    - 140 cals burned (going to try to make up the rest tommorrow)
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    I think we should also be careful about how much we're under our calories. I don't think it's healthy if you're at a 1200 calorie diet (like me), to be much lower than that. You don't really want to starve your body..

I mean net calories! and I think being "at" your calories is just as great as being under! Everyone pick their own mini-goals for this week!! =)
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Calories burned: 456
    Water: 64 oz
    *Under Net calories

Wahoo!! I love the mini-challenge!!