January 3-month Challenge, to start on 1/7/2011 (Friday)

Options

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Silver and Banana Republic jeans =)

My boyfriend's dad also passed when he was 16, I didn't know him then, but 14 years later it still hurts deeply. My prayers go out to your friends family, Sarah.

Best of luck to everyone the rest of the week. Love you all!! =)
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    On another note, how has everyone been going? It scares me how fast time goes by.
    Today was a sad day for me, i found out that my best friends mum passed away (she's only 19) and it just made me so upset. I found that at the point after calling her on the phone i was so sad, that i thought 'i need something to eat'. Which really scared me. I only had a muesli bar, but that made me realise 100% that i'm an emotional eater.
    Instead I hopped on the treadmill. I was thinking while i was running how important family and health is. But overall, I'm feeling really down and just trying to be there for her.

I'm sorry to hear that :( losing a close family member is never easy.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Okay ... so the plan was to start back at the exercising thing this week ... but dangit ... my feet still hurt too much. Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spurs
  • magglett
    Options
    Okay ... so the plan was to start back at the exercising thing this week ... but dangit ... my feet still hurt too much. Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spurs
    I love the people on this site for their words of wisdom and their insight. It was kindly brought to my attention that just because I can't use my feet right now ... I can swim. Why didn't I think of that? I was just too focused on what I couldn't do instead of what I could do. I plan of visiting the pool at my gym soon. Thanks AGAIN to this wonderful site for your help. I love it here. :heart:
  • shardown
    Options
    I love the people on this site for their words of wisdom and their insight. It was kindly brought to my attention that just because I can't use my feet right now ... I can swim. Why didn't I think of that? I was just too focused on what I couldn't do instead of what I could do. I plan of visiting the pool at my gym soon. Thanks AGAIN to this wonderful site for your help. I love it here. :heart:
    Isn't it awesome? :) I really hope you get better. Also try some strength exercise involving your upper body as you can sit down and do it and keep off your feet!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    NOT FAIR!!! What is going on with my body?

So I started my second period of the month on Tuesday...I figured it was just no big deal...little spotting or what not but NOPE...it's another period...any ideas WHY?!?!?! I've never had this happen before and I'm not sure if my body is just all screwy from changing my eating habits and working out or what...but I'm NOT happy about it.

Eating hasn't been the greatest this week and I'm bloated...AND I feel a migraine beginning :( WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Put in a quick call to your OB office or a nurse there! Tell them your recent changes in your life. I don't have any other ideas :( I don't get periods, lol.
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

So I started my second period of the month on Tuesday...I figured it was just no big deal...little spotting or what not but NOPE...it's another period...any ideas WHY?!?!?! I've never had this happen before and I'm not sure if my body is just all screwy from changing my eating habits and working out or what...but I'm NOT happy about it.

Eating hasn't been the greatest this week and I'm bloated...AND I feel a migraine beginning :( WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mine used to be like this, especially when I was physically active like playing sports. I would have one two weeks apart and then wouldn't have one for a couple months. I never knew when TOM was going to come. I agree with Kerri though. I would call your OB just to be on the safe side. Tell them you've changed your diet and started exercising recently and they can tell you if its anything to worry about.
  • DreeDub
    Options

Mine used to be like this, especially when I was physically active like playing sports. I would have one two weeks apart and then wouldn't have one for a couple months. I never knew when TOM was going to come. I agree with Kerri though. I would call your OB just to be on the safe side. Tell them you've changed your diet and started exercising recently and they can tell you if its anything to worry about.

Well at least it seems more normal to me after reading this! I will put in a call...thanks TEAM for supporting! Love having this group to throw questions/concerns out to :)

Good Luck on the weigh in everybody!!!
  • magglett
    Options

Mine is like that ... all over the place ... but I'm in my late 40's so it's to be expected. If I were you I would call a professional and ask at least. Is there a health call line in your community?
  • shardown
    Options
    Sure enough I gained a pound this week but I was expecting it. I measured myself too and oddly enough, I lost another inch around my waist and another one around my hips so all is not lost? So determined to stay out of the 200s next week. Good luck everyone else!

Three Month goal:
    Week 1 (1/7) - 97 kg / 213.4lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) - 95kg / 209 lbs
    Week 3 (1/21) - 94kg/ 207 lbs
    Week 4 (1/28) - 93kg/205lbs
    Week 5 (2/4) – 92 kg/ 202.4lbs
    Week 6 (2/11) – 90.5kg/ 199.1lbs
    Week 7 (2/18) – 91kg / 200.2 lbs
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) - 87 kg/191lbs - GOAL WEIGHT!
  • beasy22
    beasy22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    No Change for me this week, which isn't surprising.... i've had a few naughty days.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone :) x

Three Month goal:
    Week 1 (1/7) - 10 stone / 141.5 lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) - 9.12 stone / 138 Ilbs
    Week 3 (1/21) – 9.12 stone / 138 ilbs
    Week 4 (1/28) – 9.11 stone / 137 Ibs
    Week 5 (2/4) - 9.10 stone / 136 Ibs
    Week 6 (2/11) – 9.8 stone / 134 lbs
    Week 7 (2/18) – 9.8 stone / 134 Ibs
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) -
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!! Hope you all had a fabulous week. My week wasn't that bad but I made a bad food choice yesterday, a vietnamese stir fry (all veggies & chicken) no rice, but probably high in sodium and MSG. So I'm up just a tad this week.:frown:

Three Month goal: 125-130lbs
    Week 1 (1/7) - 144.1
    Week 2 (1/14) -140.5
    Week 3 (1/21) - 139.7
    Week 4 (1/28) - 141.1
    Week 5 (2/4) - 138.8
    Week 6 (2/11) -138.6
    Week 7 (2/18) - 138.8
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) (MEXICO TODAY!!)

Really time to step things up. MEXICO in 5 weeks!! :wink:
  • magglett
    Options
    Holy Crap!!! I seriously find it fascinating how quickly one can gain weight but how slowly it seems to go away. I'm up 4 lbs this week. Well earned I must admit. I wasn't even going to report it ... I thought ... just say you stayed the same ... but then who am I fooling? Not admitting something doesn't mean it didn't happen. Here's to a better week this week.

Week 1 (1/7) - 205.5 lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) – 202.5 lbs
    Week 3 (1/21) – 199.5 lbs
    Week 4 (1/28) – 199.5 lbs
    Week 5 (2/4) – 197 lbs
    Week 6 (2/11) – 199 lbs
    Week 7 (2/18) – 203 lbs
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Well considering the week I've had I'll accept a little loss...down .2 this week. I was hoping to see the 120s this week but will have to wait till next week! Keep up the great work everybody and thanks for all the encouragement as we move through this journey together.
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    .4 gain from last week but I'm not complaining after the splurge weekend I had on vacation. Don't think I'm going to make my goal though, I've got to kick it into high gear for sure....

Three Month goal: 155 lbs
    Week 1 (1/07) - 170.8
    Week 2 (1/14) - 169.2
    Week 3 (1/21) - 171.0
    Week 4 (1/28) - 169.4
    Week 5 (2/04) - 168.2
    Week 6 (2/11) - 165.0
    Week 7 (2/18) - 165.4
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/04) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) -

SW: 176.5
    CW: 165.4
    GW: 155
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Got approval from the doctor to stop wearing the immobilizer boot for my ankle. (yay) Unfortunately, I celebrated by getting 2 mexi melts from Taco Bell (boo). I haven't had Taco Bell in 4-5 years, I don't know what made me do it.

I missed my first mini goal for Valentine's Day, so I have to work double hard to meet my March goal. Just found out my sister-in-law's 40th is that weekend. I would love to say I dropped 20 lbs by then. I've got to meet that goal!!

Week 1 (1/7) - 294, starting 1/4
    Week 2 (1/14) – 289.4
    Week 3 (1/21) - 290
    Week 4 (1/28) – 289.2
    Week 5 (2/4) – 286.8, total 7.2 lbs lost
    Week 6 (2/11) - 287
    Week 7 (2/18) - 288
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) –

Three Month goal: 272 for 24 lbs. lost.
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hey everyone, maintained again this week...that's twice in a row...although I've kept the calories low and exercised everyday, I think my nutrition is messed up, in that my diet is not nutrient rich at all. I eat far too much sodium, so I'm hoping to clean up my act. Sodium levels will NOT be higher than 1500mg...I hope!

So, hoping for a 2lb loss next week to make up for these past two weeks. Good luck everyone! :-)

Three Month Goal: 149lbs (to lose 17lbs) - Reduced it slightly, top of the healthy weight range for height :-)
    Week 1 (1/7) - 166lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) - 163lbs
    Week 3 (1/21) - 162lbs
    Week 4 (1/28) - 161lbs
    Week 5 (2/4) - 159.5lbs
    Week 6 (2/11) - 159.5lbs
    Week 7 (2/18) - 159.5lbs
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Current up to date progress

Week 1 (1/7) - 181
    Week 2 (1/14) - 179.4
    Week 3 (1/21) - 178.8
    Week 4 (1/28) - 178.0
    Week 5 (2/4) - 177.0
    Week 6 (2/11) - 176.6
    Week 7 (2/18) - 175.6
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25)

Happy to still see the numbers going down. I am still wishing the weather would be nice and stay nice so I can go outside and run, I absolutely despise the treadmill. Just got a jogging stroller so I can run with my son. Now I just need it to stay above freezing. I have almost 8 lbs to get to my 3 month goal of 168. It is technically doable but will be pretty tough for 5 weeks.
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Ok so I'm sad after reading Kerri's post about only 4 people losing this week :(( I was one of them and I BARELY lost...only .2! What do you think we need to get going again? We were all doing a FABULOUS job the first few weeks. Was this just a bad week for everybody? Did we all struggle in the same week? or are we not feeling motivated anymore?!

The only suggestion I have to maybe get us going again is to have weekly challenges or something. i'm not very good at coming up with different challenges but would be willing to try to help come up with ideas. Maybe we could do some challenges that require us to workout a certain number of minutes a week or burn a certain number of calories each week/day or maybe even just stay under calories 5/7 days or drink more water!

This is just my little bit of advice...take it or leave it! ;) What does everybody think? Are we getting burned out?...NOOOOOO...just keep pushing!!!!

I can't have this post drop out b/c I NEED it to stay accountable!