January 3-month Challenge, to start on 1/7/2011 (Friday)

Options

Replies

• penguinfan03
    penguinfan03 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Can I still get in on this?? My birthday was Wednesday and I was using that as a goal reset, so this is perfect :)

Original SW - 185
    01/05/11 SW - 165
    CW - 164 (as of yesterday morning)
    GW - 120

Three Month goal: 150
    Week 1 (1/7) - 164
    Week 2 (1/14) -
    Week 3 (1/21) -
    Week 4 (1/28) -
    Week 5 (2/4) -
    Week 6 (2/11) -
    Week 7 (2/18) -
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) -

My first challenge!! This is so exciting!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    To those who just asked to join.. OF COURSE YOU CAN! This is a lot of people to keep track of so if I become overwelmed I may have to ask for help! I think there's about 50 of us. Yay! New people that aren't on the chart, I will log your 1/7 weights and post it next Friday with your and everyone elses week 2. Please private message me your weights every Friday. THANKS.
  • haydan7707
    haydan7707 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in also!

SW 200
    CW as of 1/7/2011, 176.5
    GW at the end on three months 155
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I tried the 30 Day Shred yesterday with 5 pound weights and I couldn't even finish! I bought some 2 pound weights last night so hopefully I'll be able to get through the whole workout. This has made me realize just how out of shape I am!

It is really really hard. I love it when she says "there is no modification for a jumping jack! I have 400 pound people who can do a jumping jack, and so can you!" Love to hate that lady :)
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    To those who just asked to join.. OF COURSE YOU CAN! This is a lot of people to keep track of so if I become overwelmed I may have to ask for help! I think there's about 50 of us. Yay! New people that aren't on the chart, I will log your 1/7 weights and post it next Friday with your and everyone elses week 2. Please private message me your weights every Friday. THANKS.

I'm more than willing to help out if you need it :wink:
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I just saw this this morning, so I weighed in this morning. Thanks! :smile:
    Three Month Goal: 120 lbs!
    Week 1 (1/7) - 135
    Week 2 (1/14) -
    Week 3 (1/21) -
    Week 4 (1/28) -
    Week 5 (2/4) -
    Week 6 (2/11) -
    Week 7 (2/18) -
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    My game plan is to work out 5x a week.
    Sunday: Elliptical & Zumba
    Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: Run 30 min, 30 Day Shred
    Wednesday: Elliptical & Zumba
    Thursday: Run 30 min, 30 day shred
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Run 30 min, 30 day shred
    *** If this is not working, I am going to step it up in February and do Insanity. I have also started working out before work and I have felt so much better! **** Good luck every one!
  • kerriBB37
    Options

I'm more than willing to help out if you need it :wink:

THANKS GIRL! :)
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I was just going through some old stuff of mine in my gym bag and found a paper my old trainer gave me. She is credible and has a million success stories. Her husband is a nutritionist as well. They have a studio here in Michigan. 3dFit is it's name. Anyways, I copied it and pasted it into here for anyone to reference. I can't answer specific questions but take it for what it's worth. It might just be a good guide for what to do every day! I followed this schedule for a whole summer and lost about 30 lbs, that was about 7 years ago.

Untitleda.png
  • danisia80
    Options
    Add me too! This is a great idea! I can't wait. I hope that we can all help each other be accountable and offer support. It definitely helps!

SW- 203.6
    CW- 198.3
    GW- 160 (by July)

I would love to lose 15lbs by the end of March to reach 183.

Danisia
  • Bobbijo82566
    Bobbijo82566 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying on plan :) I have done ok with the food portion, not doing real well with the exercising. I am hoping this week will be better for that.

Also, could someone explain how to get the list with the weigh in dates to stay as your signature. I have tried to copy and paste it and then add it to my signature, but it keeps saying that my signature can only be 10 lines long. There must be another way to do it, but I am just too computer illiterate to figure it out..LOL :ohwell:

Wishing you all a great week of eating healthy!
    Bobbi Jo
  • sabell82
    Options

I can help if you need as well :)
  • sabell82
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying on plan :) I have done ok with the food portion, not doing real well with the exercising. I am hoping this week will be better for that.

Also, could someone explain how to get the list with the weigh in dates to stay as your signature. I have tried to copy and paste it and then add it to my signature, but it keeps saying that my signature can only be 10 lines long. There must be another way to do it, but I am just too computer illiterate to figure it out..LOL :ohwell:

Wishing you all a great week of eating healthy!
    Bobbi Jo

When you create your signature, you will see all of the code for the ticker thing and under that you can place any text text you want. Hope that makes sense, if not message me and I can explain better :)
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Hope everyone got through the weekend alright, and is ready for a good week :) I'm moving countries tomorrow (okay CONTINENTS) to start a new 3 month internship and i am STRESSED OUT. This is normally where i'd turn to food, and although i've only been on mfp for about a week, there are a few times i've found that i've had to physically remove myself from the kitchen!
    I haven't been doing too well on the exercise, nothing high intensity, just walks. But i guess that is better than nothing? I'm looking forward to pulling out my huge aray of workout dvds when i'm settled in :)
    I think the next few weeks will be really hard on me. But i really hope i can stick to this.
    Best of luck everyone.
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Where are you moving to!!? How exciting! Embrace the change even though it can be scary. I have moved around probably 6 times in about 10 years and I can relate to the stress of it all but just enjoy all your new experiences. Use MFP as a tool to monitor intake, to vent, for support, etc! BEST OF LUCK! and yes, walking is better than nothing!! Keep it up. Those DVD's will be fun once you're settled and I bet you'll have raised your endurance too!
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hi there! I'd love to join this. I started MFP on Friday! My weight was 166lbs. I would love to get down to 144lbs in three months to get me into the healthy range for my height. It's going to be tough, but hopefully as long as I'm under 150lbs, then I'll be happy!

Three Month Goal: 144lbs (to lose 22lbs)
    Week 1 (1/7) - 166lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) -
    Week 3 (1/21) -
    Week 4 (1/28) -
    Week 5 (2/4) -
    Week 6 (2/11) -
    Week 7 (2/18) -
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25)

Thanks for doing this! Feel free to add me as a friend guys! And good luck!
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. The people here really motivate me. I'm moving to Singapore! Can't believe it. I feel like i just moved to australia (which was actually just 1 year ago lol). I am looking forward to it, but a bit terrified at the same time. If i can pull through the experience with some good memories WIHTOUT turning to food for comfort, and some weight lost, i will feel fantastic.
    Btw, does anyone have any tips for not over eating on a plane? I feel like long haul flights really screw up my eating patterns. It seems like the attendants are walking down the isle every 30 minutes with something to eat!
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    You're allowed to bring food on a plan but not liquids. I am 99.9% sure of this! I use to take trail mix, protein bars and candy in my carryon when I would travel to Florida to visit friends. If you pack your own snacks you're not tempted to but in the concourses or the $10 bags of chips the flight attendants offer, lol!
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My weight hasn't changed :( hopefully it does this week!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    SW: 189 (highest weight in 2002/2003)
    Three Month goal: 160
    Week 1 (1/7) - 177
    Week 2 (1/14) -
    Week 3 (1/21) -
    Week 4 (1/28) -
    Week 5 (2/4) -
    Week 6 (2/11) -
    Week 7 (2/18) -
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi everyone ... just checking in to see how we're all doing. We're just a few day's away from Friday now. Things have been going well with me ... eatings going okay ... getting used to the exercising again ... and I'm seriously feeling more energised. Life is good :happy: How are you doing?