January 3-month Challenge, to start on 1/7/2011 (Friday)

Options

Replies

• CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Thanks magglett, good to hear that everything is going well for you. I'm doing OK, not getting much exercise as it is exam period. But the eating is extremely going well, I'm surprised at myself. I feel so much better not eating all that junk food that used to be normal for me. Also, found my love for tea once again, low cal, tasty hot drink that helps fill me up, keeps me awake to revise and keeps me warm in freezing winter. You can't go wrong!

How about everyone else?
  • Purcellio
    Options
    I'm so in on this one! I just weighed in at my gym for a biggest loser competition. My goal weight loss is 45 lbs. I just had a baby boy and gained 22 lbs but have lost it. I've been working out while on maternity leave but will be returning to work on the 17th and know it will be difficult to get my daily workouts in. I have considered joining programs that send you their food and I am wondering if any of you have tried this.
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This week is going well! I started Insanity on Monday. LOVE the calorie burn and the sweat dripping off me onto the floor! So far I've only done the Fit Test, Plyo Cardio Circuit, and this morning I completed the Cardio Circuit Recovery at 5:15 a.m. Early morning workouts are so tough for me but this one was PERFECT...stretching...yoga...squats...lunges...just enough to get a little burn (280 calories) and feel great!

I always feel so much better after a morning workout! WIsh I had time to do it every morning but I think my boyfriend would kill me if I started going to bed earlier so I could get up earlier. We're both so busy and have limited time together as it is ;)

Hope everyone's doing well...KEEP ON GOING!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT :bigsmile:
  • stewilli409
    stewilli409 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    3189513.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I couldn't do it, I gave in and weighed in this morning (I did make it 48 hours lol). 191.0lbs!!!!

36.6lbs gone and now officially onto losing baby weight from my first son (all 35lbs from my son born 4 weeks ago-GONE!).

Anyways, I'm thrilled!! I still have 41lbs to go, about 22lbs from my first son, to get my my normal, healthy weight (168lbs at 5'10") before my first son and 18lbs more to get my goal weight (150lbs at 5'10").
  • DreeDub
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!

I know how you feel...I weigh myself almost daily...I'm not one that gets mad at myself if I see it go up though so I don't think it's bad for me!

Keep up the good work...can't wait to see where you are when Friday rolls around! :happy:

Hey everyone!!

I couldn't do it, I gave in and weighed in this morning (I did make it 48 hours lol). 191.0lbs!!!!

36.6lbs gone and now officially onto losing baby weight from my first son (all 35lbs from my son born 4 weeks ago-GONE!).

Anyways, I'm thrilled!! I still have 41lbs to go, about 22lbs from my first son, to get my my normal, healthy weight (168lbs at 5'10") before my first son and 18lbs more to get my goal weight (150lbs at 5'10").
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm going to try to not weigh until Friday lol. Watch I'll have a gain now lol.
    WAY TO GO!!!

I know how you feel...I weigh myself almost daily...I'm not one that gets mad at myself if I see it go up though so I don't think it's bad for me!

Keep up the good work...can't wait to see where you are when Friday rolls around! :happy:

Hey everyone!!

• daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!!!

Purcellio - If you're thinking of Nurtisystem or something like that, I'd suggest starting a thread here so you can get a bunch of feedback. I was on Nurtisystem and it made me very sick. I lost a bunch of weight, but I couldn't be more than 10 feet from a bathroom. It was horrible. Maybe that was just me, though, so I'd get a larger opinion from the group here at MFP. Good luck!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see everyone reaching out to one another! :)

I have been at a seminar/workshop for the past two days and the final day is tomorrow. I got to thinking that its general underlying message could carryover into this challenge we are all in. In the seminar I am learning how to make people with severe disabilities/mental illness feel loved, valued, safe and appreciated. It's called "gentle teaching." While 'they' may not have much to "offer" in terms of physical abilties, productive jobs, etc. *those of course are examples of what SOME believe* they are very much able to make us feel good--like a hug, smile or just a hi!

We need to rely on one another to help us along in this journey. Some may have knowledge, expertise and ideas to share. Some may only have encouraging words. Some have the time to listen. Some have recipes. Some have workout ideas. We are all vulnerabe right now and need to be accepting of what others can and are willing to share! :) I hope everyone opens up and enjoys this experience as much as I have been.

Happy Wednesday!!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Good Morning All: One more sleep 'til weigh in time. I'm feeling okay about it ... I'm pretty sure I'll have a loss. Tried out a new workout DVD yesterday ... it was in the cheap bin at Giant Tiger for $4 ... it was good. Its the Biggest Loser The Workout 2. You choose what parts of the workout you want to do and it tells you how long it will take. I did a warm up, a stretch, a cardio for women, and a cool down which took 30 minutes to complete. If you want a longer workout you add other stuff ... body sculpting for example etc etc. I like that I can change it up any time I use the DVD. I burned 267 calories in that 30 minutes ... not too shabby :happy: Good Luck with tomorrow all.
    good_day_graphics_05.gif
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I cannot WAIT to weigh-in tomorrow morning. I'm so excited, its like Christmas lol. I just hope I actually have a loss, even if its little, so I don't get too dissapointed.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today! I live in Australia so I'm ahead of most of you (yes, I'm from the future!)

I went down 4 lbs this week!
    Three Month goal:
    Week 1 (1/7) - 97 kg / 213.4lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) - 95kg / 209 lbs
    Week 3 (1/21) -
    Week 4 (1/28) -
    Week 5 (2/4) -
    Week 6 (2/11) -
    Week 7 (2/18) -
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) -
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today, i'm probably ahead of you all too here in singapore.

I've lost 5.5 pounds since last weigh in!! i'm at 148.8 pounds at the moment. I just moved country and started a new internship and haven't turned to food for comfort. I'm hoping that i can keep it up and at the moment i'm enjoying the process.
    Good luck to everyone, and i'm going to try to keep off the scale until next friday too!!

Week 1 (1/7) - (current weight)- 154.3
    Week 2 (1/14) - Goal- 152.1. Current- 148.8!!!
    Week 3 (1/21) - goal- 149.9
    Week 4 (1/28) - goal- 147.7
    Week 5 (2/4) - goal-145.5
    Week 6 (2/11) - goal-143.3
    Week 7 (2/18) - goal-141.1
    Week 8 (2/25) - goal-138.9
    Week 9 (3/4) - goal-136.7
    Week 10 (3/11 )- goal-136.0
    Week 11 (3/18) - goal-maintain weight
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) maintain weight
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    AWESOME you guys!!!!! :)
  • KristieKRN
    KristieKRN Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    well... lost 2.5 lbs. right where i should be. Yay! Hope everyone else is doing as well! good luck & have a good weekend.

Three Month goal: lose 15 pounds, more importantly exercise 3X a week!
    Week 1 (1/7) - 187.5
    Week 2 (1/14) - 185.0
    Week 3 (1/21) -
    Week 4 (1/28) -
    Week 5 (2/4) -
    Week 6 (2/11) -
    Week 7 (2/18) -
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25) -

Kris
  • Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    Am I too late to join this challenge?? I have my weight from last Sunday.. And my starting weight...
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hey guys, well done on your fantastic losses! I lost 3lbs :) I'm so happy! So only 19lbs to go to reach my goal. If I lose 2lbs a week, I can make it!

Three Month Goal: 144lbs (to lose 22lbs)
    Week 1 (1/7) - 166lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) - 163lbs
    Week 3 (1/21) -
    Week 4 (1/28) -
    Week 5 (2/4) -
    Week 6 (2/11) -
    Week 7 (2/18) -
    Week 8 (2/25) -
    Week 9 (3/4) -
    Week 10 (3/11 )-
    Week 11 (3/18) -
    Week 12 and the END (3/25)
  • magglett
    Options
    All right ... "weigh" to go gang! I'm reporting a loss of 3 lbs this week ... woo hoo!

Week 1 (1/7) - 205.5 lbs
    Week 2 (1/14) – 202.5 lbs
  • DreeDub
    Options
    I think I sabataged my own weigh-in last night! I went from work...to working out...to volleyball. Before my workout I ate half an apple, after my workout I had a protein shake and a turkey sandwich...then I played volleyball...not SUPER competitive volleyball but worked up a sweat and when I got home I was SUPER hungry. It was 9:40 by the time I got home. And...since I had 700 calories leftover from the day. I made myself some turkey nachos...just a small portion and like 200-300 calories. As I was eating them I though...ya know...i should just go to bed and do my weigh-in tomorrow and see more improvement (like I saw on Thursday morning when I weighed 133.6...but I just kept going!

SOOOOOOO...today's weight is 134.0. Down .4 but really...it's disappointing b/c I know I could have been down more!

BUT....I'm trying to not be too discouraged b/c it's only week 1 of Insanity and I'm loving it and hope to see more results after like a month or so :)))

How did your weigh in go?
  • magglett
    Options
    I think I sabataged my own weigh-in last night! I went from work...to working out...to volleyball. Before my workout I ate half an apple, after my workout I had a protein shake and a turkey sandwich...then I played volleyball...not SUPER competitive volleyball but worked up a sweat and when I got home I was SUPER hungry. It was 9:40 by the time I got home. And...since I had 700 calories leftover from the day. I made myself some turkey nachos...just a small portion and like 200-300 calories. As I was eating them I though...ya know...i should just go to bed and do my weigh-in tomorrow and see more improvement (like I saw on Thursday morning when I weighed 133.6...but I just kept going!

SOOOOOOO...today's weight is 134.0. Down .4 but really...it's disappointing b/c I know I could have been down more!

BUT....I'm trying to not be too discouraged b/c it's only week 1 of Insanity and I'm loving it and hope to see more results after like a month or so :)))

How did your weigh in go?
    Seriously ... a loss is a loss is a loss ... way to go!!! But beyond the weight loss ... look at all the exercising you're doing ... WOW ... you should be way proud of that. Keep up the great work!!