Wife upset I am losing weight

Options
123457»

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the OP is looking for a relationship or adoration.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    pknjhh wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Don't know where that came from lol never talked about my mother lol it's not illegal what I use. Just depends which country your in ;) lmao

Maybe you should take a look at the person I quoted. Take a look.

Now, you have a quick response for everything to prove how great you are. It's sad.

Taking Clen is stupid, dumb, idiotic, pick whichever you prefer, in the end they all lead to the same place...........ignorance. It doesn't matter what country you're from. Thinking that your wife is the one with the problem only magnifies you lack of perception of reality.

To all those people thinking his wife is just jealous of his awesomeness, PED's are just a recipe for disaster. Everyone is overlooking that. Numbers aren't so impressive when you're juicing. And even less impressive when you add in the use of PED's and the fact that at his size, with the years of training those numbers are standard at best. No one should be jealous of anyone on PED's.

But you know what.. I look damn good doing it ;) dropped off another few pounds in last few days. Abs will be here in about 4 weeks fully in. Please about the numbers lmfao I'm going for bodyfat percentage now not max . Yup just tan it up after and gtg. You can pick me apart but I am very good at what I do in my career and my hobbies. Peds lmfao that what the people who never get to where they want say as a cop out. Enjoy your pity party but seriously I have a great life and you could never bring me down. I'm better then that =))))) how's that for arrogance lol

If this is the attitude you have around your wife, I don't think she is upset by the fact that you are losing weight.

Use of PEDs negates any of your efforts. You didn't do it yourself. You did it with a drug. I would like to see you keep up your routine without PEDs. I got to where I am without them (and would never consider using them in the first place), and I am proud of that.

I would also suggest dropping the arrogant attitude (and jokes) if you want to be taken seriously in this thread. You have spent quite a bit of time talking about yourself in this thread, and just a sentence or two at a time about your wife. Time to rethink your priorities.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Geez, you guys! Numbers, shmumbers! Everybody talks their numbers on here. Especially people into body building. Get over it! Even if he DOES have a giant ego (and I don't really think so) he is concerned about his wife's reaction and I don't blame him. I am a woman with weight issues who is married to a skinny man. He can eat anything and it just never shows up on his bod. I even LOOK at a candy bar and it shows up on my belly. You say that your wife eats for pleasure like there is something wrong with that. Well wrap your head around this: There is NOTHING wrong with getting pleasure from your food. It IS harder for women to lose weight than men because we have monthly hormone fluctuations that cause weight swings and water retention and cravings. She is feeling competitive and a little threatened and she is feeling that way for a reason: She needs to know you love her no matter what condition either of you are in. You need to focus on spending quality time with your wife and less time at the gym. I also think you guys could benefit from counseling. You may want to try to speak to her a little more sensitively. Try to put yourself in her shoes, if at all possible. Good luck!
  • pknjhh
    pknjhh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Things have improved a lot. Guess really remembering why I married her really makes me think about everything. Get all teary just thinking about it. She really does have a true selfless personality. Something I truly admire about her and wish I was more like in way. I wanted my children to have a mother like that in there lives to support and show them by example the benefits of doing good deeds. I love my wife with all my heart. It really does hurt me when she is upset. Things have definitely improve a lot. Ready to get our relationship fully back to where it used to be =))
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think a couple things here as a woman and a wife.

1. Maybe she feels upset by your losses (but men always lose more) so don't weigh together. Don't make it about a number but that its going in the right direction.
    2. Time. She may be feeling neglected a bit if you are at the gym alot so make it so you can do some at home or after hours when shes asleep or early morn.
    3. find out what exercise she does like and do it with her, walking, biking, zumba, rollerblade, yoga. You are showing her support and you are bonding ans spending time with her.
    4. dont nitpick her on what or how shes doing it lead by example and sge may follow suit.
    5. don't brag about yourself unless its an occasional success on a goal. Like honey guess what I benched ___ today.
    6. compliments notice what she is doing. Tell her you are proud of her. Tell her how good she looks. Tell her she is hot!
    7. Make quality time a priority! Take her to see a concert shes been dying to go to or buy her a gift she wasn't expecting or go on a surprise picnic in the park. Take het horseback riding or to the beach on a whim or a activity she loves.
    8. talk about something other than fitness to create a happier environment and think about what you will say first
    9. as a woman she probably needs your reassuring and to feel support and to feel like she is important and a priority so show this as much as possible let her do the talking and tell you what she needs
    10. it starts with her and how she feels about herself so anything you can do to help boost her self esteem even helping out around the house or with the kids do dishes or something unexpected
    11. treat her to a you day give her a day at the spa or a day to do whatever she wants alone to relax or a day you do everything.
    12. All these things do help!
  • fightingformylife
    Options
    Give more of yourself. You are obviously dedicated to your fitness but even though "she knew that when we married" doesn't mean you should still be living the same way as when you were dating.
    A marriage is a giving of yourself, on both sides. Perhaps less hours in the gym working on you and seeing if you can motivate her by putting together a plan and training her yourself. BUT only do this if she really wants to do it and if that is really why she is upset with you. You need to talk to her and let her know she needs to straight up tell you, plain as day, what she needs from you.
    You know what they say about assuming, right?
  • applejax86
    applejax86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Step away from the gym... at least half the time. Your wife should be your number one priority and not your body. Nothing wrong. With fitness (obviously) but it should not consume most of your time. When you die one day and we all will your wife is not going to care how much weight you can bench at an incline she's going to remember how you treated her and if you were dedicated more to your marriage or your workout... that is IF you change and she stays married to you.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    _TylerJ wrote: »
    Seems like you need to shift your focus off of you a bit and focus on her. For instance, did you realize that, in a thread with your wife as the subject matter, you spent half your post talking about your numbers? I just skimmed through it because I don't care. But if you are self-centered, then she will feel alienated. I can tell just by your message that you are way too into yourself right now. So, dial it back a bit and find out what SHE needs. Maybe going to the gym 15 hours a week is not what she does. But you better do something fast, because that wave will pick up some momentum fast!

I can't hear you over how awesome I am...

Exactly!!

• doug90000
    Options
    A few hours at the gym? You can work out long, or you can work out hard, you can't do both.
  • starchild3
    starchild3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My husband lost a bunch of weight and I gained more. I know how your wife is feeling. She is probably feeling like oh great he is getting fitter and I am getting fatter...at least in my case that's how I felt. You can't help her unless she wants to help herself. This is what I have experienced anyway. Perhaps you could take walks with her or ask her to come to the gym with you? By all means DON'T brag! It will only make her feel bad about herself!!!
    Hope I helped!
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Saying you love someone and showing that you love someone is completely different. What you say with your actions is worth more than what you say with your mouth. Try and spend some time showing her that you love her and care about her. Don't throw, "I love her." into a paragraph mostly about your gains and your accomplishments. It is very easy to get sidetracked and only concentrate on yourself, I know.
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    do you even lift, bro?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I still check it lol I think we got it figured out though. Things have been improving. Turns out that coming off birth control implementation made her hormones go crazy. She has leveled out and things have improved. Implanon is not recommended lol after it comes out things get crazy for a good month. Thanks for all your support =))
    ..or blame it on her hormones. Whichever.

Holy hell I'm not even sure how I missed that gem.

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg