P90X - First timer

Options
Hello everyone! I just finished day 1 of P90X. Is anyone else wanting to start today or this week? I'd love to have someone to talk to about the workouts, our results, and just the journey through the 90 days!

Replies

• bustacapps
    Options
    I just began week 3. I'd love to have a female to relate to about the workouts as I am doing the workouts with my boyfriend.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hiya first timer! I just wanted to say that don't quit. It may seem hard but you only get results if you try. If you need some extra motivation daily, you can friend me. I have been trying to keep a motivational blog. It has some of my troubles that I went through on there.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey I just started today too. I honestly did more pushups today than all of last year!
  • mellissacase
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to the gym for my 1st ever time tomorrow, will need so much support because I'm really nervous. I am so unfit and i'm worried people will look at me, but need to get over my fears and go.

Hope it goes well for you, i'll add you as a friend as i'm new to here too and the more encouragement we give each other the better.

Would welcome any advise you can give Mel xx
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to the gym for my 1st ever time tomorrow, will need so much support because I'm really nervous. I am so unfit and i'm worried people will look at me, but need to get over my fears and go.

Hope it goes well for you, i'll add you as a friend as i'm new to here too and the more encouragement we give each other the better.

I was nervous the first time I went to a gym too. It's normal, but what you gotta realize is that you're there for you and it doesn't matter if others look or not. Besides I'm sure it can't be as bad as my first day was because I walked into the locker room to see a butt naked old man shaving his armpits.
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hey I just started today too. I honestly did more pushups today than all of last year!

haha! I think I did more push ups than I have ever done in my life!
  • Keisha604
    Options
    You guys are great! I think your responses are the perfect example of why I love MFP. Everyone is so encouraging and helpful!
  • Hello everyone! I just finished day 1 of P90X. Is anyone else wanting to start today or this week? I'd love to have someone to talk to about the workouts, our results, and just the journey through the 90 days!

I just began week 2 yesterday and am loving it so far!
  • Keisha604
    Options

awesome! are you doing the diet as well?
  • Hi, I'm going to the gym for my 1st ever time tomorrow, will need so much support because I'm really nervous. I am so unfit and i'm worried people will look at me, but need to get over my fears and go.

I was very nervous my first few times I went as well. I was extremely nervous even going in to signup but after a few times of going I loved it. I now do spin classes 4 days a week as well and it helps me a ton :)
  • Keisha604
    Options
    I just began week 3. I'd love to have a female to relate to about the workouts as I am doing the workouts with my boyfriend.

I tried to get my boyfriend in on the p90x action, but he refuses to do workout videos. Maybe at the end of 90days he'll be a believer! lol Keep up the good work! 3weeks seems so far away!
  • I just began week 2 yesterday and am loving it so far!

Not really I am just following my calorie guidelines on MFP mainly. I try not to eat processed or pasta's though. After yesterday I can already feel changes in my strength even from 1 week though
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up week #2 (though it's my 4th round). Stick with it...you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish in 90 days!
  • Flawlessk
    Options
    I am starting day 1 of P90X tomorrow (Mon Jan 10th).

Great to have a girl to chat to :)

i'm not sure if i'm going to follow their diet or not. I won't be having any protein/energy drinks/bars but i will be cutting down and healthying up xx
  • Keisha604
    Options

Not really I am just following my calorie guidelines on MFP mainly. I try not to eat processed or pasta's though. After yesterday I can already feel changes in my strength even from 1 week though

I'm doing the same thing. Just curious to see who actually follows the diet.
  • Tamelaine
    Options
    I will start week 2 tomorrow! Today is my day of rest--thank goodness! I need a break! I wore heels to church today and my legs were killing me whne I walked up the stairs.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

I'm doing the same thing. Just curious to see who actually follows the diet.

I'm on the 2nd week of my 5th or 6th round (P90X/Insanity hybrid although I've done P90X 3x's) and I have followed P90X's nutrition plan 3x's. It's VERY effective although too many carbs for me. I somewhat follow the (P90X) nutrition but my current nutrition is more paleo (50-100g's carbs, max, per day).
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a hybrid round tomorrow (P90X/Insanity). I've done 2 rounds of P90X (one lean and one classic) and one round of Insanity.

I agree that the best thing about MFP (or one of the best things) is the encouragement you get from everyone.
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get your feedback on P90X when you are done. I started Insanity today because I'm actually getting a bit bored with the gym. I constantly have to change it up in order to keep myself going. Good luck to you all!
  • cmarsh1
    cmarsh1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also started P90X today. There were alot of push ups! Would love to keep up with you and discuss. I have been absent from here since last summer and I am ready to get back into the swing of things.