P90X - First timer

Options

Replies

• bj1975
    bj1975 Posts: 9
    Options
    I will hopefully have my DVD's this weekend. I have been looking forward to doing P90X because I've seen amazing results from it.
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm so excited to find this thread! I'm a first timer, too, and my P90X JUST shipped. Do you guys mind if I join in once they arrive? I'll be a bit behind everyone but, with this being my first time, I think I could definitely use some support and motivation!

You can start anytime you like! This isn't a challenge...just a thread to track our progress and keep each other motivated. Most of us are on different days of p90x. I'm days and even weeks behind a few people.

Welcome to the p90x club! lol
  • Keisha604
    Options
    Today was my 3rd day of p90x and I have to say that I'm usually a cardio girl, but I love that I'm doing more weights. It makes me feel strong all over and confident...and it's only day 3!
  • ehartmk
    Options
    I would like to join the group!! My boyfriend and I have had the system for almost 2 years now - and have just recently took it out of the box and set it up (how lame are WE!). But I'd like to have other people go along with me to keep me motivated! So, as soon as I can get the poster out of a box (we moved and everything's everywhere!) hopefully tmrw AM - anyone that's going to start this weekend, let me know so we can keep up with each other :happy:
  • futureMrsOrasit
    Options
    I'll be starting this week. heard it's pretty intense! excited to get started though. Don't know if I'll be saying that after I've actually done it! :ohwell:
  • futureMrsOrasit
    Options
    I'll be starting this week. heard it's pretty intense! excited to get started though. Don't know if I'll be saying that after I've actually done it! :ohwell:

Actually, i'll most likely start on Sunday, the 16th, as it's a better starting point.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I know P90X has some great recovery supplements to help deal with the soreness, think you can get them at www.turbobodyworks.com
    What a way to slide in that sales pitch! Good job! You bbody coach website. You know you can't do that here.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    What a way to slide in that sales pitch! Good job! You bbody coach website. You know you can't do that here.

I know seriously....
  • Keisha604
    Options
    Day 4..Yoga! I think it might be my favorite p90x workout so far. =)

How did everyone do today?
  • johnjely
    Options
    Day 4, how exciting! Keep up the good work, girrrrrl!
    My shipment should arrive tomorrow! I'm tempted to wait until Sunday night to start, though, for rest day to be on Saturday 'n such.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    i did shoulders and arms today it was great felt strong abb well thats another story boy is that hard and fast you dont even get a breather
    I found a great app today for iphone,ipod touch and ipad user basicly a work sheet. talked to the developers their looking to improve backing up and syncing whick i see as its only problems the cost was just 2.99
  • jane77
    Options
    hey did anyone do their workout today i did yoga kick my but so far this will be the dvd that says .....".boy are you strong and fit becasue you look just like them (Tony's kids)" cant wait to hear those words bring it
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I cant do yoga!!!!! >_<

I did half an hour and then was sweatin like crazy and couldnt bend anymore lol

I feel like some of these moves will result in a loud CRACCCCK!
  • johnjely
    Options
    P90X has arrived! I'm so excited to start, but I'm waiting until Sunday so that I can read through the information that came with it and buy some resistance bands (and maybe a HRM -- anyone have good but inexpensive suggestions?)

Keep pushing play, everyone!
  • jane77
    Options
    heart rate monitors are a good idea i've spent way to much time! first trying to figure out which one to buy than trying to figure out (year and 1/2 later) if i needed a better one Anyway i dont think you need to spend too much polar makes good ones around 80.00 walmart sells some for 45. just make sure it has all features you want calories burned, time in the zone (so your sure your harding hard enough very important to me i breath really heavy during abbs but im never in the zone ) The other thing I learner was to make sure you wear the chest strap tight enough :0 I didnt need a new one just wasnt wearing it tight enough. anyway Remember there just numbers and as we get fitter and healther we will be tweeking all the number to fit us good luck You will need either bands or bumbbells to start.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Did kenpo x today. Probably one of my favorites so far. Though, I wasn't much a fan of the ball kicks. :sick:
  • jane77
    Options
    I did kenpo sat- day also. I really liked it. Loved claw punch really great way to get some aggression out.
  • Keisha604
    Options
    On to day 8 today! =) I've been M.I.A. from mfp this weekend but I;ve been good!
  • LynseyLous
    LynseyLous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the P90x videos i was wondering is there a system as to which one you do first etc?? mine are not in any order? or am i being stupid?? you guys are making me want to try it now
    thanks
  • Caesar4less
    Options
    I bought the P90X, but have not opened the box yet :( ... I need to open the box and commit ... I hear great success stories using the system ... I'm going to try to start today or tomorrow ... I also bought an xbox with kinect sensor to help stay active and drop some pounds - so far dance central is kicking my butt - maybe I will lose some weight and become a better dancer :) ... Good Luck with your progress! ... I'm def - going to open my P90X box today!