P90X - First timer

Options

Replies

• DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I have the P90x videos i was wondering is there a system as to which one you do first etc?? mine are not in any order? or am i being stupid?? you guys are making me want to try it now
    thanks

There's a classic cycle that most people follow first.

The first three weeks go like this.

Chest & Back, Abs
    Plyo
    Shoulders & Arms, Abs
    Yoga
    Legs & Back, Abs
    Kenpo
    Stretch, Rest

Week 4

Yoga
    Core
    Kenpo
    Stretch
    Core
    Yoga
    Stretch, Rest

Then it goes into phase 2 which I haven't looked at yet.
  • johnjely
    Options
    Starting today :)
  • LynseyLous
    LynseyLous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the P90x videos i was wondering is there a system as to which one you do first etc?? mine are not in any order? or am i being stupid?? you guys are making me want to try it now
    thanks

There's a classic cycle that most people follow first.

The first three weeks go like this.

Chest & Back, Abs
    Plyo
    Shoulders & Arms, Abs
    Yoga
    Legs & Back, Abs
    Kenpo
    Stretch, Rest

Week 4

Yoga
    Core
    Kenpo
    Stretch
    Core
    Yoga
    Stretch, Rest

Then it goes into phase 2 which I haven't looked at yet.

thanks so much for your help much appreicated
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi! My husband and I are starting today!.. My goal is to lose weight and tone up versus his is to gain weight/muscle. We are both doing the Classic and going to take it one day at a time! :)

I was just wondering, do all of you follow the nutrition guide or do you do what works for you?

Have a great week!
  • johnjely
    Options
    Finished Chest/Back and ARX. Was killed by dive bombers, diamonds, and pushups in general. Goal 1: Improve, improve, improve! I don't have a pull up bar, so I'm using resistance bands and a door -- anyone else using this method?
  • mzdawnte
    Options
    :smile: I just finished day 3 of p90x. Please add me to your friendlist. I'd love to keep up with everyone and their progress!
  • DS13
    Options
    Finished Chest/Back and ARX. Was killed by dive bombers, diamonds, and pushups in general. Goal 1: Improve, improve, improve! I don't have a pull up bar, so I'm using resistance bands and a door -- anyone else using this method?

You could get an iron gym for your door, they work really well and are sturdy. It holds me up fine and no damage to the door frame or anything and I'm 230+ pounds.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I'm using resistance bands for right now there's no way i can do a pull up. i did get a pull up bar(Ironman something got it at Ross's 12.99 )I did st with achair but really it was mostly leg. stretch dvd today liked it!felt good.. back to chest and back week 2 tomorrow hoping to work harder now that i know wahts going on.
  • DS13
    Options
    I started the second week today. I improved on most of the exercises, but got worse with the dive bombers. :ohwell:
  • bustacapps
    Options
    I just began week 3. I'd love to have a female to relate to about the workouts as I am doing the workouts with my boyfriend.

I tried to get my boyfriend in on the p90x action, but he refuses to do workout videos. Maybe at the end of 90days he'll be a believer! lol Keep up the good work! 3weeks seems so far away!

LOL thanks! I started week 4 today, it seems a little less intense (which makes me think week 5 will be hell). P90X was my boyfriends idea, and he got me into it by making it a competition...that may be one way to get your boyfriend into it lol! Hope all is going well!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I just began week 3. I'd love to have a female to relate to about the workouts as I am doing the workouts with my boyfriend.

I tried to get my boyfriend in on the p90x action, but he refuses to do workout videos. Maybe at the end of 90days he'll be a believer! lol Keep up the good work! 3weeks seems so far away!

LOL thanks! I started week 4 today, it seems a little less intense (which makes me think week 5 will be hell). P90X was my boyfriends idea, and he got me into it by making it a competition...that may be one way to get your boyfriend into it lol! Hope all is going well!

Yes Week 4 is the Recovery Week, so it backs off a little and gives your muscle a chance to heal. Get ready for Phase 2, because it's a whole new ball game. Good luck!
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    Plyos again. I honestly think it's my least favorite..lol
  • bmr5770
    bmr5770 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi all! I'm joining in here as I just started yesterday. I've gotta say my upper body strength has *no where* else to go but up! After 25 pushups on the first exercise, I was lucky to break 4 or 5 in the push ups after that and the pull-ups were even more dismal.

Gotta start somewhere tho :) I'll keep pushing play!
  • johnjely
    Options
    Day 2 done. Plyo is evil! I'll get better with time and effort, I'm sure, but today was a struggle to finish!
  • jane77
    Options
    chest back abbs today. went better knowing what was coming next. used more weight and few more reps but actually burned less calories guess because i wasnt jogging waiting for the kids lol felt great
    no matter what or how it went you did great got off the couch and pushed play GREAT JOB EVERYONE!
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    Today was not a good one...but I have to stay optimistic. I cannot get discouraged. Keep it up guys!!
  • jane77
    Options
    poly day secend time around felt more confident its only 30 sec at a time remember that! we can do anything for 30 second no maybe not reaching the sky on a jump maybe not even jumping but we can keep moving for 30 sec at a time!!!! Bring it......
  • jane77
    Options
    Trott27. I like the new hair looks good :)
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Today is plyo for me. Definitely the toughest one of this cycle, but it feels so great afterward. Not looking forward to Core Synergistics next week...lots of difficult moves, but good for the body!
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just finished wk 1 of the lean program for P90X yesterday. So far I love it and have dropped 4 lbs :)