Pacific Northwest peeps look here!

Options

Replies

• ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow PNWers! I'm in Oregon just outside of Eugene. I've lived in the PNW all my life...my husband and I grew up near the base of White Pass Ski Resort. I've been enjoying some Spring Sunshine this week. Even had a picnic with my kiddos for lunch this afternoon. Light sweatshirts were needed, of course, but we sure enjoyed ourselves :)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Just found this this little thread :o) I'm Starla- from Kirkland. Nice to see so many from the area together in one thread! I've been on MFP for about two months and LOVE IT! Slightly addicted actually. I must log on like 10-15 times a day while at my desk at work. haha. My loss journey's been SLOWWWWW but steady. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change dang it! I hate when folks i know ask how my "diet" is going. Anyways, I got 40 pound overweight from too many years since high school being lazy and eating bad! I'm ready to get healthy and fit before I get to my 30's (i'm 27). In march I started out exercising every other day, sticking to the MFP food settings for the most part and now I exercise 5 days a week about 45 mins a day and net around 1200-1400 cals depending on the day. Working slowly but surely!! MFP has helped A TOOONNNN! So much support.

Oh, and of course as a PNW-erner I can't help but mention the weather. It's freakin gorgeous!!! Too bad I'm at work during the day and missing most of it (work at UWMC so I don't even have windows to enjoy looking out at it! :o( ) but let's all cross our fingers that it'll hold out to the weekend!

You don't by chance work on/with Epic do you? I almost took a job there.

Yuo're talking about the program Epic, right? Yeah I use it everyday all day- it's a nice little program but within the next year or so I hear we're transitioning to Epicare- much better.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have lived in the vancouver~camas~washougal aera for the last 30 years,and livin the long haul trucker life we don't come home from Dec- March or when we can get through the passes with out baving to chain up. I have found the sun does shine through winter in other places....lol it does !
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Yuo're talking about the program Epic, right? Yeah I use it everyday all day- it's a nice little program but within the next year or so I hear we're transitioning to Epicare- much better.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm an application analyst and that's the software I worked with and that I'm certified in.
  • kellibean13
    kellibean13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • livesthere
    livesthere Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm in Seattle, feel free to add me. I'm trying to make some workout friends! :wink:
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Bothell/Kenmore/Finn Hill soon to be annexed into Kirkland. LOL

I train with Z-Health maneuvers, Russian Kettlebells, sprinting, as well as recreational hiking/swimming. Would love to gather a bunch of MFP folk up for a healthy potluck and some walks/hikes.

Also I am a mom to a future triathlete who won't turn 6 till September. Could use some playdates for kid athletes.
  • kellibean13
    kellibean13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I work in Seattle and live west of Seattle. I am a born and bred PNW girl, went to WSU in Pullman (GO COUGS!) and spent nine months in Boise before returning to the Seattle area. I <3 the Pacific Northwest (but wish the sun would show up for summer already...)
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    hello my PNW peeps! anyone close to Woodinville want to hit up my awesome Zumba fitness classes, lemme know. (i don't teach...yet...but am getting certified at the end of July) - but the classes i hit up have great instructors!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    ResilientWoman, I was just drooling over the coconut candy recipe you posted over in the coconut oil thread! I grew up in Kirkland (Jr. High on Finn Hill, graduated Juanita). Now I'm more north but I had to comment.

I'm sure hoping the weatherman is right and this weekend is nice! Rain was not what I wanted to see today!
  • ResilientWoman
    Options
    ResilientWoman, I was just drooling over the coconut candy recipe you posted over in the coconut oil thread! I grew up in Kirkland (Jr. High on Finn Hill, graduated Juanita). Now I'm more north but I had to comment.

I'm sure hoping the weatherman is right and this weekend is nice! Rain was not what I wanted to see today!

I live on Simonds Rd, small world.:flowerforyou:
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Vancouver Washington here and enjoying the beautiful weather :love:
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, rode to and from work today :) I've been doing it often, even when the weather isn't exactly optimal, but today was beautiful and made me relish the experience.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone another Pacific Northwestern-er here ;)
    I am just west of Salem Oregon, about 30 minutes from Lincoln City.
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just moved from Graham/Eatonville to Renton a few months ago. I already miss the country! Fireworks banned in Renton. WAAAAAA!! What's a fourth without them. Fourth of Julivars is so much fun but I just can't stay up that late and drive home. I used to go every year. So...still trying to decide what to do for the 4th : ) and I had best get to bed! Long day at costco and Home Depot. The flowers are out! Hoooray!
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    Hello all my Northwest Peeps! Wondering if I hosted a Zumbathon Party In Pink breast cancer fundraiser - maybe some of you would like to attend?? Maybe late September?
  • ResilientWoman
    Options
    Hello all my Northwest Peeps! Wondering if I hosted a Zumbathon Party In Pink breast cancer fundraiser - maybe some of you would like to attend?? Maybe late September?

I'd come and I'd spread the word. You might want to talk to Belton and Rommel, co-owners of Element 5 Fitness in Kirkland. They're crew is an awesome bunch and maybe you could post something there since it's a fundraiser.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I might do something like that. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month-- might be a good time to do it and you could possibly get a lot of people to come. Where would the money go to?
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Also from the PNW - Auburn, WA.

Rain or shine, I don't workout outside too much, sans long walks and bike rides. And the occasional hike. I like the gym (well, like/hate). I recently took up Zumba, even though it's a slow start. I have an amazing personal trainer so if you're in the area and need one, I know where to send you!

Oh, I'm a Coug, too!
  • miatavixxen
    Options

I'd come and I'd spread the word. You might want to talk to Belton and Rommel, co-owners of Element 5 Fitness in Kirkland. They're crew is an awesome bunch and maybe you could post something there since it's a fundraiser.

I will totally check. Zumba is working with the Susan G. Komen foundation - 30% of the clothing (Party in Pink) goes to Susan G. Komen and a minimum of 75% of the ticket sales to the Zumbathon. the other 25% to be used for expenses or it can all be donated but that is up to the instructor doing the Zumbathon.

I need to pick a date - was checking into the YMCA facility in Woodinville but maybe I can give the Element 5 a buzz too. Thanks! I'll let you know!