Pacific Northwest peeps look here!

Options

Replies

• Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm from Spokane, Wa. I love every season here....except winter. I also struggle with seasonal depression. I hate the drearyness! But Spokane is my home. :)

I combat the dreary outside with bright colors in my house! My room has lots of yellow's and oranges in it!

Unless there is a blizzard outside I walk and hike through it all. It's going to be 33 degrees and windy tomorrow. Brrr....but I'm going hiking at riverside state park. :)
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I just found this thread.
    I'm a native of Cottage Grove, Oregon, but I've lived in Vegas for the past six years. I miss the rain so much!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Do you guys know anyone who lives on a houseboat?

My BFF lives on a boat. she is moored at Everett Marina. Its not a house boat persay as in "sleepless in Seattle" type house boats. Its actually just a power boat she lives on. My stepfather ilved on his sailboat for 15 years before marrying my mom. we have a 36ft chris craft that we vacation on. I dont think even if I was single I would want to live on a boat. I like having my space!

Hi, I am Dawn, I live in Marysville and I am a stay at home mom to two little boys. I grew up in Minnesota and moved here when I was 16. I love it here and would never want to live anywhere else. And as for the rain, I will take it. it really only a drizzle usually and that beats the hard rains of the east and south and definatly beats the snow of the midwest!
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Hey all!

I grew up in the Olympia area and then lived in India for the past 5 years. just moved back to WA. Now in Port Townsend.

I thought I'd be used to the rain from growing up here, but man, I miss the sun.

Gotta get some more vitamin D and B in me!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I am born and raised just north of seattle. In all of my US traveling,.i.have seen pretty places, but nothing tops the elements available in WA. The outdoor activities are endless! As for goretex,.it is still one of the best waterproofers! Gortex boots, hats and coats are a necessity for those who work outdoors. That or wax coated. Many companies have come up with their own waterproof feature, but goretex still rocks! I can't freaking wait for spring...hiking, kayaking, biking! Less time needed at the gym that way and more in the beautiful pnw! I hardly mind the rain and have not used an umbrella since I was a.kid! That's usually how we can tell who is born and raised and who is a transplant.
    ,Anyhow, long story short...i love it here! And if I want to see palm trees I go on vacation for a week. And that's enough for me. Pnw had so much to offer!
    Add me folks!
  • emilyds
    Options
    Do you guys know anyone who lives on a houseboat?

My BFF lives on a boat. she is moored at Everett Marina. Its not a house boat persay as in "sleepless in Seattle" type house boats. Its actually just a power boat she lives on. My stepfather ilved on his sailboat for 15 years before marrying my mom. we have a 36ft chris craft that we vacation on. I dont think even if I was single I would want to live on a boat. I like having my space!

Hi, I am Dawn, I live in Marysville and I am a stay at home mom to two little boys. I grew up in Minnesota and moved here when I was 16. I love it here and would never want to live anywhere else. And as for the rain, I will take it. it really only a drizzle usually and that beats the hard rains of the east and south and definatly beats the snow of the midwest!

Hi Dawn! I'm from Iowa and my sister lives in Minnesota now (Go Midwest!)

The boat I'm looking at is a powerboat, it's a 40 ft Cruise-A-Home. Do you think your friend would be willing to talk with me a little bit, over email maybe? I have a million questions.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Welcome to everyone new to the group!
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Look at us all! woot! any of you close by woodinville - and want to hit up my zumba class with me, lemme know! :D
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Bump
  • brendastone
    brendastone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've lived in the Puget Sound area my entire life and want to start jogging. The only problem is the rain is such a downer that all I want to do when I get home from work is nothing! I'm doing a 5k in Mukilteo in May and need to get to training, but I can't get outside! It's cold! Can I jog in place?
  • outersoul
    Options
    I've lived in the Puget Sound area my entire life and want to start jogging. The only problem is the rain is such a downer that all I want to do when I get home from work is nothing! I'm doing a 5k in Mukilteo in May and need to get to training, but I can't get outside! It's cold! Can I jog in place?

It sucks but from my limited experience in training for my upcoming 5k, you need to run outdoors. I've found that running inside doesn't compare to running outside. It's a whole new ballgame. You don't get the changes in terrain or the elements. Given our unpredictable weather, it might be a good idea to run outside just based on not knowing if it's going to rain on race day.

So far I have three 5k runs in. All were in 30* weather and one it was raining.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    Is everyone enjoying the wind today? Sheesh. It's garbage/recycling day in my neighborhood, and there's junk blown all over the street!
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    who all is going to the Shamrock Run in Portland?!
  • outersoul
    Options
    who all is going to the Shamrock Run in Portland?!

Wow that looks fun!
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of people who are running that this weekend. I'm hoping to do it next year when I can actually run! :)
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Another Portlandian here! I will run in light-med rain but not voluntarily in a downpour (like the 2010 marathon), but I am a weenie fair-weather cycler. Or I used to be until some jackwagon broke into our garage in Oct. and stole all our bikes. My husband replaced his immediately, as he is a year-round bike commuter and general badass, but I haven't bought a new bike yet. Good luck to the Shamrock runners--I hate that race. The first time I ran it I couldn't believe how many miles straight up the 15K was--thought we were going to have to zipline into the finish. LOL I go to Zumba class when the weather is crappy, that way I can pretend it is Brazil outside.
  • outersoul
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to just suck it up and run in the rain....blech.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    35,000 spots sold this year! pretty freakin' crazy! it's just a sea of people, but there is a 5k walk. This is my boyfriends first Shamrock Run experience, and he's not a runner, so we're walking this year. Last year I did the 8k run. But yeah, the first half was up hill. I couldn't believe that the 15k'ers were running up the curves! too much incline for me right now!
  • hanna541
    hanna541 Posts: 32
    Options
    HI IAM HANNA ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO PUT THE TICKER ON YOUR POSTS? IAM FROM HERMISTON OREGON 3 HR AWAY FROM PORTLAND, WELL HOPE SOME ONE CAN TELL ME????
    START WEIGHT 142
    GOAL WEIGHT 120
    RECENT WEIGHT 135
    LOSS POUNDS 7 POUNDS
    I BEN ON SLIM FAST FOR 1 WEEK AND 5 DAYS AND LOST 7 POUNDS BY THE END OF THIS WEEK WICH IS MY 2ND WEEK WILL LOOSE ANOTHER 3 POUNDS, WILL BE LOOSING 5 POUNDS A WEEK SO FOR WHO EVER WANTS IN ON A CHALLENGE TO BE LOOSING 5 POUNDS A WEEK LET ME KNOW SEND ME AN F REQUEST SO WE CAN KEEP IN TOUCH
  • wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    Options
    BUMP!!