Pacific Northwest peeps look here!

Options

Replies

• portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I actually wrote a little poem/spoken word about it one day. Here it is:

It rained last night. It rained like it hasn't in a long time. It was one of those kinds of rain where you don't really notice how wet it is. The lingering thoughts from this kind of rain are the sounds and the feel.

I remember driving home and turning down my music so that I could listen to the songs playing in the rain. There was an actual cadence to the pitter patter. It sounded like a thousand ants were trekking across my roof top. I could hear the swish of the water as my tires knifed through the lanes of water like skis.

As I got home I could feel the water running down my face on my march to the house. Gravity pulled the droplets to my feet. I placed my stuff on the floor and I headed upstairs to my room.

I made my bed, because you can't sit and listen to the rain in a messy bed. I listened for the drops hitting my window in a staccato beat. I listened for ants trekking.

I slowly faded into oblivion listening to the music of the rain.....

I love spoken word!! Wish we had more venues here in PDX... I used to go all the time in Phoenix.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yay! northwest people are my favorite! I'm from portland, but I live in Arizona now, I miss the northwest so much!

Hey there! I just moved back to Portland from Phoenix. Definitely missing the sun!!!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I actually wrote a little poem/spoken word about it one day. Here it is:

It rained last night. It rained like it hasn't in a long time. It was one of those kinds of rain where you don't really notice how wet it is. The lingering thoughts from this kind of rain are the sounds and the feel.

I remember driving home and turning down my music so that I could listen to the songs playing in the rain. There was an actual cadence to the pitter patter. It sounded like a thousand ants were trekking across my roof top. I could hear the swish of the water as my tires knifed through the lanes of water like skis.

As I got home I could feel the water running down my face on my march to the house. Gravity pulled the droplets to my feet. I placed my stuff on the floor and I headed upstairs to my room.

I made my bed, because you can't sit and listen to the rain in a messy bed. I listened for the drops hitting my window in a staccato beat. I listened for ants trekking.

I slowly faded into oblivion listening to the music of the rain.....

I love spoken word!! Wish we had more venues here in PDX... I used to go all the time in Phoenix.

One day I'm going to perform at an open mic. That's my goal.
  • outersoul
    Options
    I didn't want this post to get lost so consider this a bump! Oh and I never mentioned that I live in the Olympia area here in WA.
  • McFrench
    McFrench Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I live in the Tri-cities, but grew up in the Auburn area and spent some years in Pullman (GO COUGS!)

Today was 60 and sunny....gorgeous day to walk outside:) I am pretty sure we have the best PNW weather around!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I live in the Tri-cities, but grew up in the Auburn area and spent some years in Pullman (GO COUGS!)

Today was 60 and sunny....gorgeous day to walk outside:) I am pretty sure we have the best PNW weather around!

I grew up in Auburn as well! (I'm not sure I should brag about it, though :huh: )
  • duckdogs
    duckdogs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do I qualify for PNW? I live in a suburb of Vancouver, BC making me a northern northern Canuck PNWer, right?

We get lots of rain and hell even my dogs have webbed feet :bigsmile:

If its raining you bring an umbrella and go fer it :wink:
  • outersoul
    Options
    Do I qualify for PNW? I live in a suburb of Vancouver, BC making me a northern northern Canuck PNWer, right?

We get lots of rain and hell even my dogs have webbed feet :bigsmile:

If its raining you bring an umbrella and go fer it :wink:

You qualify! I hope everyone is safe from all the flooding going on up here...
  • duckdogs
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:

Clear sky and full moon out tonight. Weather can be nasty

:bigsmile:
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, I live over on the East side of Washington state in Spokane! I'm planning on moving to Bellingham this summer though as long as I get into the college I want to go to! I've definitely been struggling with a little bit of depression and general lack of energy due to the darkness and wetness this winter. I've enrolled in two fitness classes at school and that has been helping a lot! What types of workouts do you guys do that are easy to do indoors, preferably at home?
  • duckdogs
    Options
    I have 2 overzealous dogs with webbed feet to walk which we do lots!

Don't like gyms or formal modes of fitness. My girls keep me busy and motivated. They wait at the door till I take them out and they won't give up no matter how hard I try to ignore them :noway:

Been working for me.....

Deborah
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Molalla (Oregon City, OR area, I guess, but really more than 20 miles from everything of significance). Just thought I'd drop a little note to sing the praises of vitamin D for us web-footed people up here... My dr. actually prescribed it for me back in March because my vitamin D numbers were, quote, "in the toilet". Made a WORLD of difference almost immediately as far as being able to get out of bed in the morning and not being depressed goes. Try it. It's yummy. ;)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Do you buy vitamin D tablets or drops???? I am totally down for anything that will help! When I wwas in Toronto in november I saw a billboard for vitamin d drops and I wish I would have written the brand down because it would be nice for drops.

I took a bootcamp class tonight and it kicked my *kitten*. I'm watching biggest loser and teen mom and going to crash!
  • magundis
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm in the Tri-Cities area :)
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I live in Salem. And I am ready for the rain to end! I live just off the Willamette River. It has risen by about 12 feet in the last couple of days! No danger of us being flooded anytime soon, it has a ways to go before it gets to us! :)

About Vitamin D~ I take about 70,000 IUs a week. My doc gave me a prescription, and boy has it helped!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Vancouver, BC
    Awe, I miss Vancouver. I lived there for a year. Wonderful place. <3
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    My doc had me on a prescription dose of 50,000 IUs a week for 3 months, then moved me to a "maintenance" dose of 5,000 IUs (which you can get over the counter). I try to take them daily, but sometimes I forget. If I forget more than 2 days in a row, I notice.
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    Do you buy vitamin D tablets or drops???? I am totally down for anything that will help! When I wwas in Toronto in november I saw a billboard for vitamin d drops and I wish I would have written the brand down because it would be nice for drops.

I took a bootcamp class tonight and it kicked my *kitten*. I'm watching biggest loser and teen mom and going to crash!

I take the tablets... cheap and easily available.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Hey everybody, I live over on the East side of Washington state in Spokane! I'm planning on moving to Bellingham this summer though as long as I get into the college I want to go to! I've definitely been struggling with a little bit of depression and general lack of energy due to the darkness and wetness this winter. I've enrolled in two fitness classes at school and that has been helping a lot! What types of workouts do you guys do that are easy to do indoors, preferably at home?

From the looks of it, Vitamin D might work for the blah moments. I'm going to check into it myself. As for working out, I work out at the gym so I might not be much help but you can do pushups, wall squats, walking lunges all with a little bit of space.

Oh and Bellingham is beautiful. My brother went to college there.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Dang and I was in target today getting medicine for my daughter and completely forgot to look at vitamin d!