Pacific Northwest peeps look here!

Options

Replies

• halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm all for the city's motto of "Keep Portland Weird".
    Sadly, that's actually Austin, TX's slogan!
    Has anyone seen Portlandia on IFC? If you haven't, check it out. It's pure entertainment!
    Aggggghhhh, the only thing I liked about this show as the adult hide and seek league because I'm stoked on the idea of adult kickball leagues and have actually tried to start a hide and seek league. I'm pretty sure they were actually mocking my attempt, but I'm not so silly as to think they might know who I am, even though two dudes I know were in the first episode.

I ain't gonna watch it anymore, though ... I'd think it funny if I weren't so annoyed with the few people who really are those represented in Portlandia.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    *wave* Hillsboro, Oregonian

burrr, the mornings lately are too cold for my blood
  • outersoul
    Options
    Anybody here practice martial arts? In particular BJJ? I'm looking for a place in the Oly area to possible train.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Anybody here practice martial arts? In particular BJJ? I'm looking for a place in the Oly area to possible train.

I don't but have been considering it. A friend of mine has been doing and Aikido and really enjoys it. Let us know what you come up with.
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    [/quote]Aggggghhhh, the only thing I liked about this show as the adult hide and seek league because I'm stoked on the idea of adult kickball leagues and have actually tried to start a hide and seek league. I'm pretty sure they were actually mocking my attempt, but I'm not so silly as to think they might know who I am, even though two dudes I know were in the first episode.
    [/quote]

I've never heard of a hide and seek league, but I played in a kickball league last summer and had a BLAST! There's even a dodgeball league, but that's just too dangerous for my uncoordinated self. haha One of my short term goals is to be able to run the bases without getting injured. I pulled a hamstring like every game!! Hope to see you out there this summer!
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey from Seattle!

I live on the Wet and windy waterfront of Elliott Bay in Belltown. My "secret" to getting outside is not really a secret. I just get wet sometimes!

The vitamin D solution for me is just getting outside every day and I take a gummy vitamin D in the morning along with my multivitamin.

This one in particular: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ref=aw_he_d_gw

I'd love any friends in the area especially if you're a walker!
  • outersoul
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there's a few Seattle people on here or at least some in the general area. Welcome to the group.
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm moving to the Portland area this summer (from the Bay Area) so it's nice to see there's a bunch of MFP'ers up there. I hope to find a good bootcamp once I move up there - I love the one I'm taking now.
  • outersoul
    Options
    I'm moving to the Portland area this summer (from the Bay Area) so it's nice to see there's a bunch of MFP'ers up there. I hope to find a good bootcamp once I move up there - I love the one I'm taking now.

There's quite a few Portlandians on here. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.
  • emilyds
    Options
    Do you guys know anyone who lives on a houseboat?
  • outersoul
    Options

No but why do you ask? I'm curious.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    No one better be on here today. It's summer.....see ya!

I know someone on a houseboat.. . . wonder what they're doing today? Oh. Working!
  • emilyds
    Options

No but why do you ask? I'm curious.

I'm thinking of buying one and I have tons of questions like:

1) Do they have insurance, and if yes, where? (I'm having a terrible time finding boat insurance for liveaboards)

2) How has having a tiny galley kitchen impacted their diet/eating habits? (This one is more for MFPers) I imagine I would eat out more, or probably cook a lot less without a real, full kitchen

3) What is their usual maintenance schedule and cost?
  • outersoul
    Options

1) Do they have insurance, and if yes, where? (I'm having a terrible time finding boat insurance for liveaboards)

2) How has having a tiny galley kitchen impacted their diet/eating habits? (This one is more for MFPers) I imagine I would eat out more, or probably cook a lot less without a real, full kitchen

That would be cool. Would you dock downtown on the sound?

1) I'd head downtown to the docks and see if there's an office there. Someone has to know because I swear I've been down there and have seen houseboats docked. There might be an office not to far from the farmer's market or closer to the bridge that leads to the westside.

2) I'd imagine that it would take some adjusting. I'd hate to eat out so much because of a smaller kitchen. You might have to preplan meals.

3) See #1
  • emilyds
    Options

That would be cool. Would you dock downtown on the sound?

Yeah, I know Swantown has a wait list right now, but the boat listing says it has moorage available and it's at Fiddlehead Marina by the farmers market right now.

My current apartment is downtown and I'd love to stay in that area. I commute to work, so once I'm home, I prefer to walk everywhere.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Yeah, I know Swantown has a wait list right now, but the boat listing says it has moorage available and it's at Fiddlehead Marina by the farmers market right now.

My current apartment is downtown and I'd love to stay in that area. I commute to work, so once I'm home, I prefer to walk everywhere.

Looks like you have already thought of my suggestions. lol.
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    i live up in blaine (right on the wash/bc border).
    am really enjoying MFP thus far, especially all of the great words of encouragement from the other members!
    am wondering if there is anywhere on this site to check out local groups of MFPers who gather for misc workouts??
    would love to meet someone who wants to meet up to walk our dogs, go for a run or do misc workouts...
  • outersoul
    Options
    i live up in blaine (right on the wash/bc border).
    am really enjoying MFP thus far, especially all of the great words of encouragement from the other members!
    am wondering if there is anywhere on this site to check out local groups of MFPers who gather for misc workouts??
    would love to meet someone who wants to meet up to walk our dogs, go for a run or do misc workouts...

Blaine...home of Luke Ridenour right?
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread. I live in Seattle. Hi everyone!

I was thankful for the sunny day today. I fought the cold and made it around greenlake with my little one. Looking forward to some warm weather, GET HERE SOON SUMMER!
  • metajess
    Options
    checking in from mountlake terrace. feel free to add me!