Pacific Northwest peeps look here!

Options

Replies

• emilyds
    Options
    Any idea how long this sun is going to last? I'm in Olympia, and as much as I love the sun, I kind of love how the rain drives a lot of people away from Capitol Lake. I live downtown so I walk around the lake all the time.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I live about half way between Portland, Or and Longview, Wa.
    I've lived in the Pacific Northwest for my whole life, except 6 months I was in Florida.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Any idea how long this sun is going to last? I'm in Olympia, and as much as I love the sun, I kind of love how the rain drives a lot of people away from Capitol Lake. I live downtown so I walk around the lake all the time.

I love downtown. I used to live on the westside years ago. I work in Oly now. I love being back here.
  • outersoul
    Options
    I live about half way between Portland, Or and Longview, Wa.
    I've lived in the Pacific Northwest for my whole life, except 6 months I was in Florida.

There's another Longview person on here too. Katyncal lives in Longview.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    North of Seattle in L-wood.

The sun yesterday was weird. I may have to start wearing my sunglasses when riding home from work.

You are one dedicated rider! I ride a month or two out of the year. I'm most definitely a fair weather rider.

Ha! I just got tired of taking the bus...too many issues with it. I started riding in November of 2008, and by January 2009 I was commuting at least three days a week. Since then, it's been almost every day, unless there is snow/ice on the road. Rain is a breeze to ride in. The proper gear makes it a non-issue. Since I've started riding, I've covered close to 37k miles. I'm hoping to cross 50k by the end of the year. It's just hard to find time to ride between work and school.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

The sun yesterday was weird. I may have to start wearing my sunglasses when riding home from work.

You are one dedicated rider! I ride a month or two out of the year. I'm most definitely a fair weather rider.

Ha! I just got tired of taking the bus...too many issues with it. I started riding in November of 2008, and by January 2009 I was commuting at least three days a week. Since then, it's been almost every day, unless there is snow/ice on the road. Rain is a breeze to ride in. The proper gear makes it a non-issue. Since I've started riding, I've covered close to 37k miles. I'm hoping to cross 50k by the end of the year. It's just hard to find time to ride between work and school.

Same here. Seattle-Redmond round trip on the cycle every day except ice days. Days like today are a bit risky since it was below freezing when I left for work, but the roads were dry, so no ice.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Now that I work closer to home I'm going to start riding more.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Vancouver, BC
    Awe, I miss Vancouver. I lived there for a year. Wonderful place. <3

Victoria here! I love running in the rain but I definitely love doing my workouts inside during these months.. there was so much frost outside this morning, I live downtown by the ocean and it's freaking cooooold!! :)
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options

Same here. Seattle-Redmond round trip on the cycle every day except ice days. Days like today are a bit risky since it was below freezing when I left for work, but the roads were dry, so no ice.

Understood. So I'm guessing you take the 520? I cross that in the mornings, every now and again. Depends on how I5 looks.

As for road conditions, if there hasn't been any moisture falling for two days before freezing temps, the roads should be fine. I noticed no slick spots on my ride in. The tar snakes in the corners can cause some pucker moments, especially when cold.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    Understood. So I'm guessing you take the 520? I cross that in the mornings, every now and again. Depends on how I5 looks.

Yep, yep, the dreaded 520. There was some kind of accident this evening (or maybe several accidents). Traffic was horrendous heading back toward Seattle. Then back on our side there was even worse traffic going the other way. Most of the cars where turned off and just sitting there, as if they'd been there for hours. Traffic around here sux.
  • outersoul
    Options
    I swear we can't win around here. We finally get sun but it's freezing!
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hood River native here! born and raised.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Victoria, BC here !!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    http://www.endless.com/Gentle-Souls-Womens-Opportunity-Platform/dp/B0033UWC3M/ref=sr_2_4/?cAsin=B0033UWBE2&amp;fromPage=search&amp;qid=1297456361842&amp;sr=2-4&amp;asins=B002ZLP2ZA,B002ZLP2OQ,B002ZLP2U0,B0033UWBE2,B0033UWBT2,B002ZLP0D4,B001KRY1CU,B001KS063C,B003JBJ8IM&amp;asinTitle=Gentle Souls Opportunity Platform Pump&amp;contextTitle=search results&amp;page=2&amp;size=40&amp;page=2&amp;node=241745011&amp;nodes=241745011&amp;keywords=gentle souls wedge&amp;sort=relevance-fs-rank

I bought these last night...dying at the price, but hoping they are as rad as they look in the pics and as comfortable to walk all day in as reveiws say. I need a good pair for the tradeshow in Vegas in March I have to go to which is mostly outside. Ugh.

Do you think I could run in them? Because I should be able to do anything in them at that cost right?

Today in Eugene its the normal grey sky, but very little wind (hallelujah) and not bad in temp either. The Dreaded Rain is coming tomorrow I hear. LAME.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Those shoes are for looking good and nothing more. Strut your stuff! Don't feel bad about the price. I dropped $300 on two pairs of tennis shoes. The ones in my pic but it was soooo worth it.
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hail, hail to all the PacNW peeps out there! I'm a native of Portland and I don't mind the rain so much as I've come to view it as Oregon's liquid sunshine. :) I love P-Town and all that it has to offer. Where else can you see a car with some sort of concrete sculpture built on its roof. I'm all for the city's motto of "Keep Portland Weird". Has anyone seen Portlandia on IFC? If you haven't, check it out. It's pure entertainment!

New to MFP and starting my latest (and LAST) journey to a better me. Friend me! I'm still trying to figure this all out.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Hail, hail to all the PacNW peeps out there! I'm a native of Portland and I don't mind the rain so much as I've come to view it as Oregon's liquid sunshine. :) I love P-Town and all that it has to offer. Where else can you see a car with some sort of concrete sculpture built on its roof. I'm all for the city's motto of "Keep Portland Weird". Has anyone seen Portlandia on IFC? If you haven't, check it out. It's pure entertainment!

New to MFP and starting my latest (and LAST) journey to a better me. Friend me! I'm still trying to figure this all out.

Welcome to the group. There's no shortage of support here.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    looks like it's gonna be a wet & miserable ride home today :sad:
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    The drive home from Sandy to Molalla was pretty wet and miserable, yes. And dark and cold. :(
  • emilyds
    Options
    Did anyone else run or walk outside today? I only saw 2 or 3 other people when I was out, but we were all soaked! And it feels like I'm working twice as hard out in that wind and rain.