Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 3

Options

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!!
    My goals for last week were: "Do my six scheduled workouts (Already a third of the way there!), not over indulge at the potluck or happy hour this week, and meditate 3x". I did ok. I missed one of my runs because I was hungover :embarassed: and was a complete fail at meditating.

This week my goals for this week are: Do my six scheduled workouts, not over indulge at either of the parties this weekend, stay under my calories, and meditate 3x.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Feeling down. Trying to just get through this part so I can gather the energy to pick myself up.

I'm around
    Katie
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    ~ Keep drinking!! I'm usually pretty good with drinking my 8 cups, but I'll be starting grad school again tomorrow and I hope the new schedule won't throw me off

Good luck with the grad school classes!!! It's taking a lot of motivation to get home from my 9 hr day, work out, cook dinner, and then watch grad lectures. Oi! But you can do it!

Thanks! Luckily I will have my own desk (i work within the department for tuition waivers) and there's a mini kitchen with fridge two floors up. No excuse not to bring a healthy lunch and snacks, and walking up two flights of stairs to get it will be good too!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing great on my goals for the week.. spent 40+ min dancing and 30min on the tread yesterday, I got 13 8oz glasses of water in and I took a nice 15min soak in some epsom salt yesterday.

Hoping to get more tread time today while watching Biggest Loser, but my foot is achy, so I may take it easy, don't want to put myself out of commission.

Keep up the good work everyone. To those struggling, for any reason, why not try a new recipe this week or just a new food? And maybe try a new form of exercise like pilates or so on. Youtube often has plenty of videos to use. :)

Enjoy your week all!!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I had a fail yesterday. My back was bothering me and I just felt outta wack. Ate WAY too much and even indulged in ice cream late at night. Today I will do better! I will log my food and drink my water.

Keep it up everyone! :drinker: Your all awesome.

Also, for how long does this pin-up girl challenge run for? I joined a week into it so I didn't see the initial goals/details/ect. Thanks!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I hate new england weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tuesday's are my favorite gym days... and seeing as it is supposed to be COMPLETELY icy here... i don't see that happening! stupid weather :(

rant over.
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good job last week ladies! To those of us who didn't lose (myself included) I know this week will be better. Don't stop doing what you're doing. I may not have seen the number on the scale change, but I feel like my body looks better and I FEEL better. One day at a time. Keep it going!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ugh we're moving AGAIN at the end of February and it's stressing me out! Thank goodness we're signing a 12month lease. I'm trying to budget and figure out what needs to come out of which check so that everything gets paid on time. It doesn't help that I'm getting hired on in the middle of February which is going mess with my checks. Hopefully I get hired on a date to where I won't have to go 3 weeks before getting my first company check! And fingers crossed I get a big fat raise! And all this fast food I'm eating isn't helping the budget OR my waist line.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Ugh we're moving AGAIN at the end of February and it's stressing me out! Thank goodness we're signing a 12month lease. I'm trying to budget and figure out what needs to come out of which check so that everything gets paid on time. It doesn't help that I'm getting hired on in the middle of February which is going mess with my checks. Hopefully I get hired on a date to where I won't have to go 3 weeks before getting my first company check! And fingers crossed I get a big fat raise! And all this fast food I'm eating isn't helping the budget OR my waist line.

You can give up the fast food!
  • sray30
    sray30 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week:

Exercise 4x
    Lose 2lbs
    Eat more fruits and veggies
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later.

Well done everyone for great losses this week! Keep up the good work x
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    Damn you office birthday party!!! cake and ice cream... now i have no choice but to work out till the cows come home.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow well done everybody on the weight loss this week - keep it up! :smile: Am starting to notice that my calories burned for my new exercise dvds are going down already...booo! Can't wait until it's light in the evenings again so I can get out and start running again. That'll shock the body for sure!
  • choisooyoung
    Options
    My target this week is to do 3x30 minutes exercise ontop of my daily walking. I currenly walk 4 miles briskly each day, but I don't feel that it's enough. I'm going to try one of these exercise DVDs - it's far too dark in the evenings and mornings for me to go out and do extra running.

So far I've been a little disapponited with my progress (although it would be due to my TOM), and so this week I'm aiming for 2lbs lost. I'm going to be strict with my diet and start to get nito the routine of eating what I've planned for the day, and not just grabbing something on my lunch break - this means getting up in decent time to make my lunch and have a good breakfast.

What do you guys usually have for breakfast? I have two boiled eggs and a glass of milk.
  • numberscolors
    Options
    GOALZ:
    - exercise 5x (2 zumba classes, 3 30DS!)
    - drink at least 2 liters of water per day
    - bring snacks to work
    - stay off of the scale until monday!!
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week:
    Drink ALL 64 oz of water daily
    2x water aerobics
    at least 2x elliptical
  • stephensgirl
    stephensgirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hopes everyone is having an awesome week...:))
  • stephensgirl
    stephensgirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goals are to not binge...:)):blushing:
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    I'm sorry I'm only just logging in to post my weight for last week, but things have been crazy busy!!

I didn't make my goals for the week. I only worked out 3 times, not 4, and I went over calories a couple of days.

Soooooo . . .

I weighed in at 202.5 on Monday. :(
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    It only took two work outs and I'm in love with my HRM. My only grief is that it doesn't calculate burned calories but I can just as easily use my equations and calculate them myself (and of course as an engineer I HAD to make an Excel program for it). I tried Zumba for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it! That will definitely be sticking around :)