Looking for other P90 Support

Options

Replies

• snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I literally got P90 in the mail today and did Circuit 1 this evening. Im pretty clumsy and could barely do any of the pushups...but am giong to keep trying!

We were all clumsy and could barely do push-ups on day 1, lol :) Do your best and forget the rest!

definitely agree here! i still have to modify them (can barely pull out a close one). the tricep dips i can only do with my feet pulled closer to me
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I have worked out 4 days in a row! I am a lot less sore today than I was yesterday. But since it was Sculpt again today, I will probably be sore again tomorrow. It's a good sore though!
    I love hearing about everyone else's experiences with P90!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I have worked out 4 days in a row! I am a lot less sore today than I was yesterday. But since it was Sculpt again today, I will probably be sore again tomorrow. It's a good sore though!

I hear ya...I can't believe that I am on Day 15!!! I didn't think I would be able to do this, but I am!!! I am already seeing results!! I've lost over 3 lbs. and am seeing a heck of a lot of definition in my abs, arms, legs...I can't wait for the 30 day mark!!
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options

I hear ya...I can't believe that I am on Day 15!!! I didn't think I would be able to do this, but I am!!! I am already seeing results!! I've lost over 3 lbs. and am seeing a heck of a lot of definition in my abs, arms, legs...I can't wait for the 30 day mark!!

Great job everyone! I also found the soreness goes away after the first week. Make sure to eat some protein or whey after workout. I've read that will help cut down on some of the soreness the next day.

Tonight is Day 45 on Power 90 for me and my son! It's been hard work, but every bit worth it.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I literally got P90 in the mail today and did Circuit 1 this evening. Im pretty clumsy and could barely do any of the pushups...but am giong to keep trying!

We were all clumsy and could barely do push-ups on day 1, lol :) Do your best and forget the rest!

I agree 100%. I could barely get through one. Now I can do 6 in the time he does 7 (the first two times - the 7-7-7 kills me). You will get stronger with each workout.

I could not do one dip either. Now I can do 10 (still modified with legs bent but hey, it's still better than day 1)

Hang in there!
  • MamaReebs
    Options
    Great job everyone! I also found the soreness goes away after the first week. Make sure to eat some protein or whey after workout. I've read that will help cut down on some of the soreness the next day.

Tonight is Day 45 on Power 90 for me and my son! It's been hard work, but every bit worth it.

Your half way there MIke! What are you going to do on Day 91? Do you have a maintenance plan?
    I wish I was on day 45! I am so not patient. Waiting for the results drives me crazy. I want to be fit right now!
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Your half way there MIke! What are you going to do on Day 91? Do you have a maintenance plan?
    I wish I was on day 45! I am so not patient. Waiting for the results drives me crazy. I want to be fit right now!

I'll be continuing with the exercises, just not sure yet. I try not to think too far ahead. It'll depend on my results from P90.
    I'd like to move onto P90X, but it honestly scares me a little. I'm afraid I may not have the time to spend on some of the longer days.
    I may do P90 Master Series...not sure.

If I can get rid of the weight I want to lose, and get rid of the belly fat, I may turn more toward starting to build some muscles.

I just pray I continue to live a healthier lifestyle than my first 50 years.
  • snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I'll be continuing with the exercises, just not sure yet. I try not to think too far ahead. It'll depend on my results from P90.
    I'd like to move onto P90X, but it honestly scares me a little. I'm afraid I may not have the time to spend on some of the longer days.
    I may do P90 Master Series...not sure.

If I can get rid of the weight I want to lose, and get rid of the belly fat, I may turn more toward starting to build some muscles.

I just pray I continue to live a healthier lifestyle than my first 50 years.

i'm going to go on to do p90 masters :)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've already got the Master Series sitting on the TV stand mocking me, lol. Can't wait to get into it and feel like I'm prepping for P90X. I'm getting a little ahead of myself but I just read a blog about the P90X sequel that begins filming next month and I want in on that action too at some point.
  • MamaReebs
    Options
    What is the P90 Master Series? Is it just 5-6? If so, then I already purchased that.
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My best friend started P90 and loves it. I have a hard time finding a good exercise program that is decent for me to use a) as a single mom and b) with my serious injuries/damage done to my body. Today was my first day with it, and I did the Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100. :) Wish me luck!
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    What is the P90 Master Series? Is it just 5-6? If so, then I already purchased that.

5-6 is part of the Master Series, it includes other discs as well. It was made after P90X and so has some of the exercises in it. It provides a good bridge between the two programs by getting you used to the different stuff.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    My best friend started P90 and loves it. I have a hard time finding a good exercise program that is decent for me to use a) as a single mom and b) with my serious injuries/damage done to my body. Today was my first day with it, and I did the Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100. :) Wish me luck!

Good luck! We're here for you :)
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Good luck! We're here for you :)

Thank you. In total I've lost approximately 131 lbs in the past 7 or 8 years. In my adult live, my heaviest was probably around 240/250. In 8/10 I was 225 and by Thanksgiving I was 194. I've gained a few pounds (thank you delicious barbecue style Christmas dinner) but I'm stoked to get back on track.
  • Tassie25
    Options
    Hello

I started P90 12days ago ive lost 4lbs...its hard to find people that do p90 most do p90x so glad i found other people on this site doing it! I need all the motivation i can get! Any advice would help also! Does everyone just do circuit one day and cardio the next?
  • MikeK51
    Options

I haven't tried too many other exercise programs, but I've never heard of one that seems to have the success you hear about around Power 90, P90X, etc. I think Tony has it down right. Any program is going to require some habit forming (routine) and hard work. Seeing the success from folks on MFP prove this can work. You'll do great. As Brent said, we are all here for you. Good Luck!
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Hello

I started P90 12days ago ive lost 4lbs...its hard to find people that do p90 most do p90x so glad i found other people on this site doing it! I need all the motivation i can get! Any advice would help also! Does everyone just do circuit one day and cardio the next?

Hi lil. Glad you found us. I felt the same way when I started this thread. I'm glad to see a lot of people doing P90, but also those already on p90x so we know what's coming down the road.

Yes...the program calls for doing circuit (Sculpting) 1-2 on days 1,3,5 and then cardio (Sweat) and Abs 1-2 on days 2,4,6 followed by an off day. Most do 1-2 for 30 to 45 days then move onto 3-4. 3-4 is basically more reps, faster pace, and some new exercises that add an extra 10 or so minutes.

When doing 1-2, start with learning the routines and getting good form. Challenge yourself, but don't overdo it, especially the first week or two. As you do these every day you will start to see them getting a little easier. When you've gotten to the point where you feel like your keeping up with Tony and have increased some of the reps/weights...you'll know its time to move onto 3-4.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Feel free to friend us if you'd like. We are here for you. Good Luck!
  • polar5554
    Options
    I have the WORST balance and bad form with the leg kicks...Anyone else feel like they are falling all the time?
  • polar5554
    Options
    Another question...

My husband is doing P90 with me as well. He is uncertain as to how many calories he should be consuming.

He is 5'10 and weighs 178 currently. He wants to be around 165 lbs.

I believe that P90 plan told him to be at 2,000 calories per day, but other sources have said much less..

What do you think his target caloric intake should be?
  • MamaReebs
    Options
    I have a husband, but I am more like a single mom than not. I do all the work with our kids and all the other stuff around our house. He works a lot and just isnt' really good with our kids. So I have to get up at 4:45 am just to have time to workout. I also have some SERIOUS injuries to my body as well. That is why I started on P90 and not straight into P90x like a lot of people seem to do. When I was 18 I flew off a cliff in the mountains and broke my body in 17 places. Including 3 of my vertebraes, busted my pelvis into 3 pieces and I now have giant screws holding it together, and my left ankle has been rebuilt mostly of metal now. So far I have been able to do Sweat 1-2 and Sculpt 1-2 with no problems. I have had to modify a few moves because I can only do low impact activities. But I am still able to get a good burn even with my modifications. Anyway, my point is, I totally uunderstand where you are coming from. I really hope this program works for you too and you can stick with it. Today is day 5 for me and I already lost 1 lb this week.