How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Jazzy_Maria
    Jazzy_Maria Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with a little bit of nutritional yeast mixed in. It sounds so weird, but it's really yummy:)
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    For those who don’t like to eat it because it is so high in sodium, they do have no salt cottage cheese. I have been buying that lately, of course it is not quite as tasty as the sodium laden version, but if you mix it up with things anyway, you don’t notice it as much.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    For those who don’t like to eat it because it is so high in sodium, they do have no salt cottage cheese. I have been buying that lately, of course it is not quite as tasty as the sodium laden version, but if you mix it up with things anyway, you don’t notice it as much.

that's what i'm going to try tonite. . :)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Cottage Cheese smoothie and loved it. I have seen it called Strawberry Cheesecake, but to me it doesn't taste like cheesecake at all. 1/2 cup of cottage cheese I use light, 1/2 cup of ff milk, 1 cup of strawberry, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and sweeten to taste. I have had between 150 and 200 cals with it, depending on sweetening, and if I add some ff whip cream!
  • comerfordjl
    comerfordjl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with croutons and french dressing. Weird, but so so good!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just created a great spicy veggie dip...1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning blend, and a little water, whipped it up in my Magic Bullet and dipping fresh veggies in it....YUM!! And you could take it to a party and no one would know it is cottage cheese. I am thinking it would also be good on fish or chicken tacos...thinking of lots of possibilities. Hope you like it.
  • vmt90509
    vmt90509 Posts: 9
    Options
    i love all natural foods and cottage cheese is a GREAT way to get in your calcium and protein with a punch! I am a berry person and LOVE berries on it! I add mixed berries and Cinnamon to it. that way the berries add enough sweet and the saigon cinn that I use is sweet as well. Often i will crunch up a few walnuts to add some omega threes in and some good fats. i have also cut up apples instead of berries and added it with cinn and walnuts....it's almost like eating apple cobbler! One of my favorite GO-TO foods! YUM!