Eight Week Transition Diet CHALLENGE! Join me Jan 24!

Options

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Im glad ppl are joining. I was considering not doing the challenge because I dont know if I can stick to the rules EVERY WEEK. I figure even if I cut out the stuff, lets say, 4 days out of the week, its better than what I was doing before. So, we may not be Perfect at this challenge but our goal should be to TRY OUR BEST & DONT GIVE UP!

Let's do this!:smile:

I know!! I just signed up and I'm already nervous about it b/c I know it will be a HUGE difference from what I normally do. BUT>.. I'm with you in thinking that even if I only do it a few days at a time, it's way better than NONE>

I'm really going to try my best to stick with it though and do everything it says! I can't imagine how quickly this will help!

WE CAN DO IT!
  • rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in :-)
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I WANT to do this! But I am SCARED to do this... I don't want to end up hating eating...I love food! I know I consume a lot of junk food....I'm not sure I will be able to sur it all out!!! So I am going to try....but I'm afraid Week One will be the death of me!!!:cry::sick:
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    I WANT to do this! But I am SCARED to do this... I don't want to end up hating eating...I love food! I know I consume a lot of junk food....I'm not sure I will be able to sur it all out!!! So I am going to try....but I'm afraid Week One will be the death of me!!!:cry::sick:

I'm scared too, but maybe we can do it if we all support each other. Plus, if we have an off day it will be ok. We can just keep trying our best!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    BUMP!!

Maybe at least the first week?? Come on !! Try with us!
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    Ok i'm in :smile: So how are we going to be accountable? Are we each going to try to post each day to say how we're getting on?

I have sent some friend requests and my food diary is open for anyone to view.

I'm not much of a creative cook but it would be nice for anyone here who is to post any recipes for healthy meals that fit in with the transition.

Looking forward to a great challenge with all of you :happy:
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ok i'm in :smile: So how are we going to be accountable? Are we each going to try to post each day to say how we're getting on?

I have sent some friend requests and my food diary is open for anyone to view.

I'm not much of a creative cook but it would be nice for anyone here who is to post any recipes for healthy meals that fit in with the transition.

Looking forward to a great challenge with all of you :happy:

Yes, I think we should post every day if you met the goals for the week or not. And remember, week 1 you get TWO cheat days. So really, you can go five days next week without junk food, right?? Just don't put it in your mouth. :-)
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    Week 1:

No junk. What does that mean to you? What are you going to eliminate from your diet next week? Here are some suggestions: chips, cookies, candy, cake, donuts, soda (and if you can't give up your soda, drink DIET soda), juice, fried food. Anything else you can think of?

Cheat Days: 2 - I think maybe PLANNING your cheat days would be a good idea. If you know you are going to a party or out with friends, plan those as your cheat days. For example, next Saturday I'm going to a party, so that will be one cheat day. Not sure what my other cheat day will be yet.

Weekly focus: Water. You should drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water per day. Not soda, not tea, not juice - WATER.
  • emmylou32
    emmylou32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in but cant find anything to download, the link brings me back to this thread or Facebook ?? Can it be emailed to me please
    Emma
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    I'd like to join in but cant find anything to download, the link brings me back to this thread or Facebook ?? Can it be emailed to me please
    Emma

This link should work, just copy and paste

http://www.scribd.com/doc/47206472/8-Week-Transition-Diet
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see we have a nice group going here and other people who are scared just like me! I definitely have mixed emotions about this challenge. Kind of dreading it but knowing I will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the results.

I'm just going to take it like I have been since I joined MFP 6 days ago.... one.... day..... at..... a..... time....

We can SO do this!!!! :happy:
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Hey ladies! I just found this link from another poster! I ripped it off, so thanks to the original poster.

Maybe this will help us get through the first week. It has a lot of "healthy" non-junk food ideas.

Hope this helps. I'm going to print it off for myself and take it to the grocery store with me.

http://www.self.com/tips/jumpstart/meals/jillian-michaels-fat-burning-meal-plan

(Just copy and paste it to view it online. )

Sincerely, Tausha
  • becky4bears
    Options
    Got it!! What a great idea...count me in!!!!

2524452.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    im in!!! hope i have the willpower eeek
  • kadenpup82
    kadenpup82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm so in...
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    One more day! Get rid of the junk TODAY! And if you keep junk around for your kids, guess what...they don't need it either! :-)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i dont mind the first week soo much as thats what ive done this week! no junk at all! hehe, so can do it for another week. but the whole 6 meals a day kinds of scares me! as i barely have time for lunch at work! lol
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    i dont mind the first week soo much as thats what ive done this week! no junk at all! hehe, so can do it for another week. but the whole 6 meals a day kinds of scares me! as i barely have time for lunch at work! lol

I say... "do what you can do!" Any changes for the better are FOR THE BETTER! :0)

Looking forward to this goal together!

HUGS< Tausha
  • becky4bears
    Options
    I really don't think that I will be able to do six meals on work days. I am an RN at an endoscopy center. We don't get regular breaks. Actually, the only break that I get in a 10-12 hour shift is a 15 minute break to scarf down some lunch :(
    I am planning on cutting out diet pepsi and all processed carbs. The processed carbs won't be hard because I have cut WAY back on them..but no diet pepsi is going to be ROUGH!! I bought Lipton cold brew iced tea to replace my caffeine addiction ;)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm in!