Eight Week Transition Diet CHALLENGE! Join me Jan 24!

Options

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Definitely Cheat Day #1 out of 2 for the week !! Blah... At least I'm under calories!
  • Zabarilla
    Zabarilla Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today was a cheat day. I had a sprite BUT I only had one and it didn't really taste as good as I was expecting it to. Bummer on one hand but WOOHOOO on another. My hardest thing with this (not just this challenge but in general) is eating all of my calories. I'm either a wayyy under or I'm going to blow it out of the water. Which is like a double edge sword for me. I'm sending my body into starvation mode and the days I go over I might as well slap it straight on my butt. Maybe with some tweaking of my cooking I'll be able to better balance it out? Any tips or tricks?
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Today was a cheat day. I had a sprite BUT I only had one and it didn't really taste as good as I was expecting it to. Bummer on one hand but WOOHOOO on another. My hardest thing with this (not just this challenge but in general) is eating all of my calories. I'm either a wayyy under or I'm going to blow it out of the water. Which is like a double edge sword for me. I'm sending my body into starvation mode and the days I go over I might as well slap it straight on my butt. Maybe with some tweaking of my cooking I'll be able to better balance it out? Any tips or tricks?

Hmm. Good question. What happens on the days that you are way under on your calories?
  • hlokty07
    Options
    I am starving right now and really want to hit up something fried, but I am going to be strong in this challenge!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Hung in there today. I didn't eat spread out the way I wanted to but was able to avoid junk. Tomorrow is another day.
  • Zabarilla
    Zabarilla Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well today I went over my calories. Not by a whole lot but it was still over. It was an emotionally hard day so on that note I'm proud I only went 63 over. Normally emotional = a whole lot of junk food. So I shall try and salvage this day by thinking positive. I did not give into my old bad eating habbits! Woot!
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    63 over is nothing! 600 over would be something to worry about. :-)
    At least you didn't eat junk and that is something to be proud of!
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    I ate a brownie yesterday. CHEAT DAY for me!
    So, that means I've had TWO cheat days already this week - so I need to be ON TRACK the rest of the weekend!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Stay focused everyone! I've had 1 cheat day already, but I went over on calories yesterday by 8! haha... 8 whole measly calories. I know it's nothing.

I'm keeping the focus today. I already had an hour Jazzercise class. Made home made turkey pepperoni pizzas on Flatouts. Tasted great, way less calories.....

Planning to try and get some fruits/veggies in the rest of the day and some fiber! May have All Bran cereal for dinner since my hubby has to work a night shift.... We shall see....

We can do this !!!
  • ncgirlie_2000
    Options
    Yay! I've made it up to Friday afternoon without using any of my cheat days! What an accomplishment for me as I used to have something sweet everyday without fail. I feel good and didn't even really miss it. I think what helped is I bought lots of healthy little snackfoods and keep them around all the time. My new favorite thing is Yogi Granola Crisps (strawberry). Now... to make it through the weekend. Stay focused everyone.

SW 206 1/24/2011
  • hlokty07
    Options
    Great day up until I totally had 2 homemade red velvet cupcakes. I was passing all the V-day stuff and couldn't help but make some at home! Now I have to find someone to give the rest to! Look like my BF better eat them quick! lol
  • cramos77
    Options
    Hi! I'm new on here but would LOVE to join this challenge! It sounds a wee bit challenging but totally worth it! Good luck everyone! We can do this! Oh yeah, so do the challenge start on Monday? Just want to make sure I am sticking to the rules! Haha! Silly me!
    i just saw the date on the original post. Guess I'm too late. Will probably start on Monday anyway just for fun.
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    Hi! I'm new on here but would LOVE to join this challenge! It sounds a wee bit challenging but totally worth it! Good luck everyone! We can do this! Oh yeah, so do the challenge start on Monday? Just want to make sure I am sticking to the rules! Haha! Silly me!
    i just saw the date on the original post. Guess I'm too late. Will probably start on Monday anyway just for fun.

Well, the first week started this last Monday - but the only rule was NO JUNK, 2 cheat days and lots of water. Those rules will continue into week 2. I will post those new rules that we add on Monday later.
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    I've done GREAT this week!! I'm very very proud. Chips are typically my weakness and I haven't had any!!! WOO HOO!!

Please oh please, please , please scale MOVE this week!! Oh yeah.. MOVE DOWN!!!
  • Octomonkey
    Octomonkey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi, is it too late to join? I know you all started last week but I guess I could start from week one? I was doing so well my first two weeks but now I've just start eating whatever I want again. Grrrr!
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Hi, is it too late to join? I know you all started last week but I guess I could start from week one? I was doing so well my first two weeks but now I've just start eating whatever I want again. Grrrr!

Sure you can join! We are starting week 2 tomorrow! So just start there with us. (It includes the rules from week 1 as well! )
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Please don't tell me our group is dying!! ?? Come back people!! WE can still do this!
  • hlokty07
    Options
    Lol I am still here, but had a terrible weekend food wise. I really probably shouldn't bring that up. Monday is a new challenge to add on though so I'm interested to see if I can get use to eating 4-6 meals a day. Woo Bring it On!
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    Week 2 starts TODAY!

Each week's rules are cumulative, so the "no junk" rule from Week 1 will apply until the end, as will each subsequent week's rule. Remember that this is a learning and conditioning process.It's like you're in a school and the subject is your own body.Eat small, eat often.Eat four to six small meals a day, and don't eat anything for about 3 hours before you go to sleep. Following these rules will keep your blood sugar levels morestatic and your energy level will stay consistent. Try to keep each snack or meal balanced.Keep a 30 percent protein, 40 percent carbohydrate, and 30 percent fat scale in mind, though you don't need to worry too much about it. Just realize that you need a bit from each macronutrient group. Eat based on what you'll be doing for the next few hours (if you're working out, eat a little more; sitting at a desk, eat a little less). The 3-hour-before-bed rule is important, especially for fats and carbohydrates. By allowing time for all the carbs you eat to get into your bloodstream, your body will sleep in fat-burning mode,rather than in calorie-storing mode. This is important because undigested carbs in your stomach at night are stored in adipose tissue(fat).

Cheat Days: 2

Weekly focus:Carbs are not the enemy. Your body needs them, just like it needs proteins and fats. The trick is to choose the right carbs. As a society, we eat too much refined sugar. Complex carbs, like whole-grain breads, whole-grain rice, sweet potatoes, and legumes are outstanding foods. Even fruits, which have simple carbohydrates wrapped in fiber, are very good for you and hard to overconsume. While you don't want a diet based on nothing but carbs, making the right carb choices will maximize your body's potential. Try to avoid white rice and flours. Read labels, and try to avoid ones that use the word "enriched," because this means these products have been stripped of their natural nutrients, overprocessed, and then fortified with a few random nutrients
  • gingermim
    gingermim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Having problems opening this link. Thanks for writing down week one..I think I will try it with the group.