how different are you offline than online

1235»

Replies

• :laugh: I do feel sexier online than offline....does that count? :bigsmile:
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    I like to remind people of my awesomeness all the time. It radiates off of me, but I still remind them. I think I'm more awesome in real life than online. Except on facebook, I'm pretty awesome on there, too. I think I'm more willing to say wacky things to people that know me well.

Sample conversation (I seriously have this conversation at least once a week with diffferent people):
    friend: "I was going to tell you something, but I don't remember what it was."
    me: "You were going to tell me how awesome I am."
    friend: "You're right!"

I also tell my mom that I'm her favorite child, but that she doesn't have to say it because that would be unfair to my brother.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I'm very different online to how I am in person. In person I'm shy, find it hard to keep a conversation going, and am generally quite withdrawn..as sad as it sounds, I have no friends in real life (other than family members). Whereas online, I'm much better at saying what I want to say...some would say I talk to much...and I have a lot of friends online. I find it much easier to be myself online than in reality - which probably sounds stupid..but it's true!

Wow! Are you me? Because, ditto :huh:

One thing about me that is the same online as offline though is that I am a Christian and try to act like it both online and offline.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    In real life I'm manic depressive, online I'm just manic... JK :laugh:

Actually, I've noticed I'm more positive on-line since I know what it's like to have people depress you and suck the motivation and success right out of you when you're desperately trying to do something good for yourself. I tend to really try to put a more positive twist on even the bad things that happen to some of my MFP's to let them know there is still hope and they CAN do this.
    The good thing about all this, is that it's rubbed off on me off-line :happy: So I am an even MORE positive person in real life now. I try not to look on the dark side and when something bad happens I put a positive twist on whatever it is and it suddenly is not so bad :wink:

Other than that - I'm the same home-garage-grease-monkey-crazy-cat-lady-ex-80's-metalhead-in-love-with-my-car-and-my-fiance who works out with added feline resistance (anyone who has pets probably understands how they "like to help" when you do home workout routines; they help build core strength, balance and add extra weight by jumping on your back in the middle of downward-facing dog :laugh: )

Great post BTW :flowerforyou:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,638 Member
    I am not a clone offline. I am taller offline. both on and offline I wear a mask when I deal with different part of the world.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    I am not a clone offline. I am taller offline. both on and offline I wear a mask when I deal with different part of the world.

We all wear masks sometimes :wink:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    I like to remind people of my awesomeness all the time. It radiates off of me, but I still remind them. I think I'm more awesome in real life than online. Except on facebook, I'm pretty awesome on there, too. I think I'm more willing to say wacky things to people that know me well.

Sample conversation (I seriously have this conversation at least once a week with diffferent people):
    friend: "I was going to tell you something, but I don't remember what it was."
    me: "You were going to tell me how awesome I am."
    friend: "You're right!"

I also tell my mom that I'm her favorite child, but that she doesn't have to say it because that would be unfair to my brother.

i dont know you but i love you lol. almost as awesome as me
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member

haha I always tell my mom that she should have had me first and quit while she was ahead, but it took her three times to get it right...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    on line im shy oddly but offline im sarcastic (in a good way) with a wierd sense of humor hyper and outgoing
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I'll "talk" more with people on line than off. For example if I see a thread that I find interesting I'll do a post on it. However, if a group were discussing the topic at the gym, I wouldn't jump into the conversation.

Other than that, pretty much the same.
  • Offline, I'm not as cute as my online picture, but I'm just as soft & fuzzy inside.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member

We all wear masks sometimes :wink:

Paper faces on Parade...
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    I'm secretly a 50 year old woman offline. Don't tell anybody.

wow! what a coincidence! I'm secretly a 24 year old male offline. :wink:
  • I love how you remind me of my b/f in that he is always asking questions that are both intriguing and thought provoking. I've never met anyone else like him... until now!

I'd have to say that my character is the same online and offline. I am much more quiet in person, however. The reason for that is not because I am shy or anything, but I always trained myself to think before I say anything. Have you ever noticed how there are so many people out there that just say the first thing that comes to them? Or laugh without knowing what they are laughing at? Or just don't really listen? Later they say things like, "I shouldn't have said that," or "Why did I say that?" or "What did they mean by that?" People just don't listen or stop to think before opening their mouths. I refuse to be the person where I regret saying something and I try to put some thought into my response before saying the first stupid thing that comes to my head.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I am much more talkative online than in person.

I believe I am seen as sweet/friendly online and offline however. ^^ I also tell more intimate details of my life online ^^
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    I'm quite different IRL from online, mainly bc I don't voice my negative feelings IRL and I feel safe enough here to express myself if I'm not feeling great.
This discussion has been closed.