1-23

1. Drink at least 5 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week - 2/7
    2. 8 Sets of 25 Squats 3 out of 7 days this week. -0/3
    3. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 3 out of 7 days this week. 1/3

1-24
    1. 3/7
    2. 0/7
    3. 2/3

Crazy crazy this week with my internship at the hospital. :)
  • dayh1ker
    dayh1ker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    #67 Viki

Checking in for Monday 1/24

1. Drink at least 5 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week. 3/7
    2. 8 Sets of 25 Squats 3 out of 7 days this week. 100/600
    3. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 3 out of 7 days this week.0/3

All I've accomplished is drinking my water. My legs hurt so bad that I could hardly walk, much less do any sort of exercise! WOW! I'll see what I can do as far as the squats go, but if they make me hurt so bad that I can't get my regular routine done, I don't think I'll be able to meet this particular challenge. These old legs just can't handle them. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm going to get one of my extra cardio in today...I'd better get a move-on! I only have four days left to get it all done! :grumble:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    #47 - checking in.

1. Water: 4/7
    2. Squats: 0/3
    3. Cardio: 3/7, Extra: 1/3

I am already on 3 glasses of water today. I never have a problem with the water so I'm going to go ahead and mark it done for today. I'm going to try and get to the squats today. Yesterday I managed an 18 minute walk ands a 55 minute workout DVD. The DVD was extra, normally it would have been just a walk day.
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    Bump and - I'm going to do my first squats today - wish me luck!
  • Winnie45
    Winnie45 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I did my first yesterday. I wasn't really sore today. A little "noodley" legged on stairs, but otherwise great.

So, go get 'em! :wink:
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    # 81

1. Drink at least 5 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week. 4/7
    2. 8 Sets of 25 Squats 3 out of 7 days this week. 1/3
    3. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 3 out of 7 days this week. 2/3
  • dayh1ker
    dayh1ker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    #67 Viki

Checking in for Tuesday 1/25

1. Drink at least 5 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week. 4/7
    2. 8 Sets of 25 Squats 3 out of 7 days this week. 225/600
    3. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 3 out of 7 days this week.1/3

Allison, I decided to use my Total Gym at maximum height with weights added to do my squats. My legs still burn, but I think I'll be able to walk tomorrow.:laugh: I know it's cheating, but it's better than doing nothing. I would have a much better chance of doing them the old fashioned way if I was 20 years younger but those days are long gone! I'll add up the ones I get done and let you decided if it's good enough!
  • sybil1106
    Options
    #28 Sybil
    Cardio 30 min 2/3
    4/8 squats I don't think I'll get the other 4 in today I'm still super sore from Sun doing all 8.
    Water 5/8oz glasses 3/7
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    #47 - checking in.

2. Squats: 1/3

I am already on 3 glasses of water today. I never have a problem with the water so I'm going to go ahead and mark it done for today. I'm going to try and get to the squats today. Yesterday I managed an 18 minute walk ands a 55 minute workout DVD. The DVD was extra, normally it would have been just a walk day.

I figured out how to fit in the squats. When I needed to use the restroom at work today I just used the handicapped stall where there was plenty of space and a door, and I did one set before and one set after. Hahaha. Did that 4 times and I can officially say day 1 of squats is complete!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    #47 - checking in.

I figured out how to fit in the squats. When I needed to use the restroom at work today I just used the handicapped stall where there was plenty of space and a door, and I did one set before and one set after. Hahaha. Did that 4 times and I can officially say day 1 of squats is complete!

That's a different and clever idea. Hey, whatever works, right?
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    #47 - checking in.

Absolutely! Whatever works!! My problem was that I have an assortment of workouts that I typically do after work, and it was hard to fit in this extra stuff, like squats, situps, etc. It worked beautifully. And if I can still use my legs tomorrow, I'll do the same tomorrow for day 2!!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    #47 - checking in.

Absolutely! Whatever works!! My problem was that I have an assortment of workouts that I typically do after work, and it was hard to fit in this extra stuff, like squats, situps, etc. It worked beautifully. And if I can still use my legs tomorrow, I'll do the same tomorrow for day 2!!

Last and week and this week I'm only doing this challenge and no other workouts. I learned from the first two weeks that it was hard to fit everything in, and it seemed like I wasn't losing weight when I was doing so much. I was surprised that the squats were easy for me, seeing as I haven't done them in forever. But with last week's 100 toe raises I did them all at the same time and I was so sore for at least five days.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options

Last and week and this week I'm only doing this challenge and no other workouts. I learned from the first two weeks that it was hard to fit everything in, and it seemed like I wasn't losing weight when I was doing so much. I was surprised that the squats were easy for me, seeing as I haven't done them in forever. But with last week's 100 toe raises I did them all at the same time and I was so sore for at least five days.

I joined a challenge to do something every day for 2011! So far I'm good, I've worked out every day! But I'm working through C25K, and I have an assortment of DVD's that I do, and sometimes I just go for a walk with my husband. Since 3 days a week are tied up with C25K, and I also need to fit in some strength training/cardio using my dvd's, my evenings end up filled up pretty quick. Add in a walk or two, and it's hard to fit in extra stuff on multiple days during the week. I noticed that someone added up how many squats that would be total. I sort of like aiming for that number so that I can do a couple sets here and there and try adn hit that final number, rather than feeling like I need to find time to do 8 sets in one day.

Those toe raises killed me!!!!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    #121 checking in

1.Water- 3/7...messed up Sunday..but back on track!!!
    2.Squats- 60/600...nd not done yet
    3.Cardio- 116min/90min(that was n two days)...nd not done yet

Have 2 do my squats 15 reps/4sets..so I might not make the whole 600...but I'm doing what I know I can safely do!!
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    #41 checking in

1.Water- 4/7
    2.Squats- 4/7 doing 86 a day
    3.Cardio-4/7 15 min cardio 7 days this week
  • KaydeanH
    KaydeanH Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    #32 Checking in

1. Drink at least 5 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week: 4/7 so far so good
    2. 8 Sets of 25 Squats 3 out of 7 days this week. 1/3
    3. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 3 out of 7 days this week 0/3
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    #92 1/25/11

1. Drink at least 5 (8oz) of water 4/7
    2. 8 Sets of 25 Squats 3 out of 7 days this week.300/600
    3. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 3 out of 7 days this week. 4/7

Water and cardio in no squats today.. Still feeling the burn from yesterday.. But excited my new ddr got here for the wii.. Looking forward to trying it out tomarrow.. Dancing is so much fun... and such a good workout and Zumba will be here in the next couple of days... Yippee..
  • kspedsrn
    kspedsrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    #160 Cathy

Check in for 1/25

1. Drink water--4/7
    2. Squats -- 2/3
    3. Cardio --2/3

Feeling it today! Doing cardio and squats in one day may be pushing it! Hope to see results at the end of the week though!