This is MFP not Facebook

Options

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hahaha This makes me want to post about those things now. I have to pee so bad, but my MIL is in the bathroom. lollll ok, so I kid...

:laugh:
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Everyone needs to just put on their big boy/girl pants and stop getting so offended all the time. Geez. I read what I want and ignore what I want. But I'm not going to complain about others just because I may not like it. That would make my wishes greater than theirs...which simply is not true.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    You guys all seem to be missing the point. And that is that NO ONE EVER sends me email telling me I look YUMMY. WTH? Get to emailing people. I need this.

;D Looooove MFP for the social stuuuuuuuff!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I totally missed that point. It was a huge point too.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you want to post a comment about how your weight and diet is affecting your life then that is what MFP is for but I dont want to hear about your financial problems, in law problems , or your work problems unless it is affecting your diet!
    Don't those things affect your LIFESTYLE CHANGE? They sure affect mine. And my running schedule. And my gym routine.

If you don't want to read it delete the people who are offending you.

Agreed!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I sure hope Twitter is still okay. CrossedArms.gif
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I think the nice thing about MFP is the support and motivation from others. Stress affects a lot of people and can cause weight gain, overeating, lack of desire to exercise, etc. I think this is a safe environment for a lot of people to vent without feeling judged (until now, lol) and to put things on here they wouldn't necessarily post on Facebook where they can be judged by peers/colleagues/relatives/whatever. So if someone is stressed out and needs to vent about it, I don't mind giving them a little support. Better than them reaching for an extra cookie because they are so stressed out about life. I think that is what MFP is for...imho.

Maybe you should just de-friend people that you don't want to support in that manner so you don't have to see it in your news stream.

I Agree!!!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    :tongue: unlike:tongue:
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Lets be fair here... Every one who is "offended" by the post and being really rude to someone who is just speaking their mind, you could just IGNORE it. Seems people need a little work in not being hypocrites...

I agree. But aren't the other people also speaking their mind. And shouldn't you have ignored the post and moved on? Hehe. I'm not criticizing, just poking a little fun. I have to believe the original poster is slightly amused at what this has turned into. We all agree with her that nobody needs to hear about nobody else's bowel movements. And I think she'd acknowledge that this site is a social networking tool for more than just weight loss. But you have to admit some of the reactions to this are quite hilarious.
  • HMKan
    Options
    I'm not offended, I'm appalled by the fact that a site is presented as a supportive community and people are negating that idea with their responses. Perhaps this persons weight loss IS hindered by peoples personal problems/bs being posted all the time and they could be reaching out to someone who feels the same. Instead, a lot of people who seem to disagree post really negative responses when they could take their own advice and ignore it. I am simply trying to state that I don't agree nor disagree with what this person had to say, but if I did I would comment in a more appropriate manner. In reality, it is a WEIGHT LOSS social networking site and I'm sure that there are other people on this site that feel the same way as the person who originally posted this . Who are we to stop her from finding those people and allowing them to support her?

It's a fitness social networking site. Fitness includes more than just weight loss, but also mental health. And I agree that people should be respectful. But I also think there's room for a little fun. I haven't finished reading all these posts but I hope the original writer is still watching and feels free to chime in. I don't htink anybody would hesitate to help her if she had a problem.

Plus, I'll repeat the main gist of these comments: she has complete control over what she sees in her newsfeed and what she doesn't see. The ball is 100% in her court for what she exposes herself to and nobody ever said she shouldn't proceed with doing what is best for her an her weight loss goals, as long as everyone else gets to do what's best for them.
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Defreind them. Now if you will excuse me I need to go to the bathroom. Problems with the in-laws gives me diarehha(spelling).

:bigsmile:

Wow! Didnt think a simple little rant about someone not using this site for dieting would cause me to be a the Wicked Witch of MFP! frown !

hahahahahahaha Oh Em Geeeeee :laugh: this is hilarious :laugh:
  • HMKan
    Options
    PS I love the term "the squirts"...my grandma used to use it and it really makes me smile. tee hee hee
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im a wicked witch! Can I be the wicked witch of myp!!!!!!:wink:

:laugh:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    ....then I guess they should get rid of any threads or boards that aren't just about weightloss...like the one you posted on.. "Chit-chat, fun, and games"...

Any website like this is a "social network"...it just has a different spin on things and it's encouraged to befriend people with the same likes and goals....not everything in anyone's life revolves around weight and sometimes it's the people we connect with on these websites that are the easiest to vent to....

Just sayin.:ohwell:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Defreind them. Now if you will excuse me I need to go to the bathroom. Problems with the in-laws gives me diarehha(spelling).

:bigsmile:
    LMAO!!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    MFP IS my social network. Yes I have a facebook. But I dont always feel comfortable posting some of the things I have to say to people I actually know and see on a day to day basis (my FB friends). On MFP I am more comfortable because I am basically anonymous. I get the support I need and can freely speak my mind without the fear of bumping into someone in the hall at work, etc. No I don't post my every movement. But sometimes i do say things not necessarily weight loss related. So far my friends have not complained to my knowledge. It doesn't irritate me to read non-weight loss related posts. I can just scroll past them. And if does begin to bother me I know i can always change my settings or change my friends list. But I do enjoy MFP as my social network as much if not more than facebook. My MFP friends actually seem to care more about what I have to say sometimes anyway.
  • Mission4Life
    Options
    Okay, everybody get in here and let's have a group hug.:flowerforyou:

It's going to be okay.:drinker:
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    All stress will affect your diet; we are here to support each other. MY issue is with guys ( I am happily married) asking to friend me and leaving comments like "you look yummy" are guys trolling MFP picking up chicks? NOW THAT has nothing to do with diet; ladies agree? If my husband ever saw these comments he would reach into my computer and wring their necks! I only friend women.:heart:

ohmygosh I have this happen to me too! One guy I defriended because it was borderline inappropriate and really I don't need that :P and yes, I personally try and keep my posts at least a little centered on diet/exercise but its a lifestyle change so it runs the gamut. You have control of your mfp, delete them if it gets on your nerves that much :)
  • Annybel
    Annybel Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but I've had facebook for a long while now and I've got to say that they are not alike. For starters, there is this nifty forum that breaks things up into easier to browse catagories. MFP updates my "wall" for me, so I don't have to mess with it, and I can connect with people easier by just posting in the support forum. On FB you have to search for people or like/fan things and see who did the same. I'm enjoying MFP much more and made a friend my first day here. I talked to her more in one day than I do most of my RL friends on FB because there is that common goal to start the conversation off with.

No matter what site you choose to go on, there will always be the few outliers who will abuse the privilages given to them, or draw out whatever parts they feel they want/need to in order to get the attention they want. They may post things simply because they have to have an outlet and this site may provide that for them. Then there are those who don't utilize the site's full worth. Everyone is different and that means that each person has a different view on things.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    So you're complaining about people who complain?
  • Fat2FitArmyWifey
    Options
    I did delete this person. This particualr person never posted anything about weight problems, diet etc.... I really think the person was only using it as a SOCIAL NETWORK. and Im not stressing about it I just dont understand why you would join MFP if you dont want to lose weight! Just sayin!

If you already deleted this person then don't worry about it. I have great friends on here that listen to my ranting when I do talk about something. I posted that i'd be gone when my Grandfather died & when my husband was going to the field..or when my Dad was coming home for R&R....I think everyone has their own opinion and if you already took care of it then don't worry about it anymore!!! I love being able to talk to my friends on here about certain things that stress me out. They listen & offer advice with no problem! :) Hope you enjoy the rest of your night & don't stress!