This is MFP not Facebook

Options

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    On FB, I don't feel comfortable talking about my weight seeing that many of my friends, and mother, don't have the same issues and/or don't give a rat's patooty about my daily issues regarding my weight.

Here, I feel like I can say how I really feel about myself (even if it is a little down on some days) and not get the flippant and insincere responses that my friends on FB give me.
  • butterball57
    Options
    I dont like posting on FB about my weight issues this is where i can be free to discuss any issues that i am haveing with my struggles and triumps besides they dont need to no my business.
  • mookiemoomoo
    mookiemoomoo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow what a debate this is . some people need support for everything in there life and using face book is to open you have so many friends . on here you are anonymous and hope fully you have friends on here that are interested and care i do with all my mfp friends i will listen and help any body make sense of there life dieting or other wise . people over eat because of stress in there every day lives . if you don't want to support some one what is having problems you should delete them or not read there post .people need people to listen some times thats all . :wink:
  • cataplexyfever
    Options
    Doesn't this site link with Facebook so that everything you post here can be posted there??
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Doesn't this site link with Facebook so that everything you post here can be posted there??
    Yes, if you choose to do that, which I do not because my Facebook friends could care less that I lost one pound or went to kickboxing and burned 347 calories. I "shared" MFP with Facebook for one day and got quite a few WTFs so I changed it back. So much for my FB friends!
  • cataplexyfever
    Options
    Yes, if you choose to do that, which I do not because my Facebook friends could care less that I lost one pound or went to kickboxing and burned 347 calories. I "shared" MFP with Facebook for one day and got quite a few WTFs so I changed it back. So much for my FB friends!

Haha I hate FB so much.

I just thought I'd point that feature out since you could technically post all of your FB status updates from MFP. That could explain why some people are posting "TMI."
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Wow! Didnt think a simple little rant about someone not using this site for dieting would cause me to be a the Wicked Witch of MFP! :frown: !

Didn't see that coming, huh?

It is what it is or how it has evolved. You can choose play or not to play, but you can't set the parameters.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    MFP IS my social network. Yes I have a facebook. But I dont always feel comfortable posting some of the things I have to say to people I actually know and see on a day to day basis (my FB friends). On MFP I am more comfortable because I am basically anonymous. I get the support I need and can freely speak my mind without the fear of bumping into someone in the hall at work, etc. No I don't post my every movement. But sometimes i do say things not necessarily weight loss related. So far my friends have not complained to my knowledge. It doesn't irritate me to read non-weight loss related posts. I can just scroll past them. And if does begin to bother me I know i can always change my settings or change my friends list. But I do enjoy MFP as my social network as much if not more than facebook. My MFP friends actually seem to care more about what I have to say sometimes anyway.

I agree - I do love my FB too, but here I can ask where you find soy nuts, how may calories do you burn at p90x, how drastically does that TOM affect your weight, and does being in a really *****y mood send you straight to the girl scout cookies. Those are not really the kind of things I put on FB - although I often still do. If my "friends" don't like me, they can delete me there too! :laugh:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow! Didnt think a simple little rant about someone not using this site for dieting would cause me to be a the Wicked Witch of MFP! :frown: !

Didn't see that coming, huh?

It is what it is or how it has evolved. You can choose play or not to play, but you can't set the parameters.

I don't think you're the wicked witch! Probably just didn't come out like you intended, and got people fired up. But sometimes in posting, like in email, you get what you get and you can't pitch a fit! :ohwell:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Like others said...delete those people

done.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I did delete this person. This particualr person never posted anything about weight problems, diet etc.... I really think the person was only using it as a SOCIAL NETWORK.
    Nope...still at 250 friends. angry.gif
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I agree - I do love my FB too, but here I can ask where you find soy nuts, how may calories do you burn at p90x, how drastically does that TOM affect your weight, and does being in a really *****y mood send you straight to the girl scout cookies. Those are not really the kind of things I put on FB - although I often still do. If my "friends" don't like me, they can delete me there too! :laugh:
    Great, now I want Girl Scout cookies. :grumble:
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    I did delete this person. This particualr person never posted anything about weight problems, diet etc.... I really think the person was only using it as a SOCIAL NETWORK.

binary = resident friend wh0re :flowerforyou:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options

CORRECTION:
    binary = *kitten*

LMAO.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

CORRECTION:
    binary = *kitten*

LMAO.

LMFAO!!!!!:laugh:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

And this is proof that Mike DID intend it to be about "social networking" and not just "losing weight".
    This is a fitness social networking website, IMO, NOT a "weight loss site".

I weigh 105. Should I quit the site and never post again because I don't need to lose weight?

Hell no! I :heart: my MFPeeps and have a lot of fun with them, talking about ALL aspects of our lives, good and bad, while working on my weight training and distance running.

To echo what everyone else said, just hide/delete the people who "talk too much" (ie. the fun people).

Personally I want MORE of those people, because they make my work day go by faster! :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want Girl Scout cookies. :grumble:

Now a rant about what a rip off those are would be epic. :tongue:
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    THIS_IS_SPARTA.jpg
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    This thread is not directly linked to your weightloss, are you not doing what you are moaning about?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

CORRECTION:
    binary = *kitten*

LMAO.
    That is about the nicest thing anyone has said to me here. headbang.gif