What can you do in a year? (pics)

Options
laughingdani
laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
Today marks my one year anniversary of my weightloss journey. In the past year I have lost 67 lbs, going from 215 to 148. (from a size 18 pants to now a size 6) I have lost 11 inches from my hips, from 47 to 36. I have lost 11 inches from my waist, from 41 to 30. I can now run a 5k. A year ago I could barely run a block. A year ago I tried zumba and thought I was going to die. Now I am in the process of getting zumba instructor certified. I can now do kickboxing and I kick *kitten* at it. I am in the middle of doing a boot camp program and I am one of the most fit people there. I have never felt more strong or powerful in my life. But most of all I have never felt more confident in myself, emotionally and physically. I have literally saved my own life. I say all this to tell you guys if you are just starting out you CAN and WILL do this. I still have a little way to go but I will get there eventually. Thanks to all my friends who have been here for me the past year in some way. You all mean so much to me and I truly think I couldn't have done it without you.

I believe in you.

Dani

BEFORE
142597_5204.jpg

COMPARISON PHOTO
142597_290.jpg

5K WHERE I BEAT MY PERSONAL BEST!
142597_4558.jpg

REWARD PHOTO SHOOT A FEW MONTHS AGO
142597_9935.jpg

Stomach Photo Taken Jan. 15, 2011
142597_3763.jpg

FACE
142597_7326.jpg

(FYI- I have been a member of MFP since 2009. It took me almost a year to get it together and really do this for me.)

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Congrats Dani! You look amazing and you are truly inspirational!:flowerforyou:
  • chilipeppers
    Options
    you look beautiful! great job, so inspiring!
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! That's amazing. :smooched: Keep up the great work Dani. You're probably going to have tons of friend requests coming in, so if you get rid of me, maybe you can become my personal trainer *wink wink* :bigsmile:

Honestly this is inspiring!!! Thanks
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    Thankyou Dani!
    You have done amazing and you should be soo proud of yourself!
    Its nice to know that someone who is as successful as you are had a bit of trouble to begin with
    Just motivates me more!

WELL DONE
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Nice work Dani!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration! You look great! Thanks for your story, amazing!
  • cohollywood
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! I just joined here to motivate me to lose the last 10-15 pounds, and you are truly an inspiration. Congratulations!
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Thanks! I am actually working on losing my last 13 "vanity" pounds. lol
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Shamelessly bumping this because of tech issues earlier.:laugh:
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Congrats! You look great.

Today is my one year as well! Yay! :drinker:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! You look amazing. :)
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Fantastic..well done..its success stories like yours that makes me believe that this time I can do it myself!!
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Aren't you just the MFP poster child?!
    Lol.
    Seriously though, you have been such an inspiration to me.
    On the days that it seems like I should just give up, it's people like you that make me get back on that treadmill and work it.
    What a fantastic year you have had!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an inspiration!:drinker:
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, and so happy!!!! Congrats to you!!!
    Btw, I love the photoshoot idea... I might steal it :D
  • christinelois
    Options
    This is so inspiring. :) Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! :D
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    *jaw drop* You're such an inspiring person, Dani!! Not only do your pics show such a beautiful transformation into a more beautiful and confident woman, but your energy, personality, and zest for life shines bright everyday. You have worked so hard to get where you are now and now is the chance to shine and reap every reward that you've earned.

I was looking though my friends list yesterday and you are the third friend I added here and the first one I sent a request to. I was thinking how lucky and random that was. I'm truly thankful to have such an amazing person in my life.

love,
    Chrissy
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, you are a great inspiration! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!