INSANITY CHALLENGE. ANY TAKERS??

Options

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I've been doing circuits, spinning and aerobics but in a class environment where you can push yourself against others.

How are you folks getting on doing this alone at home? How do you keep the motivation going?

My MFP buddy ceelovejay is my motivation!! :smile: I'd feel guilty if she kept going and I gave up!

I get up before my family and do it first thing in the morning before all the to do list items creep in the way. My kids would wake up early and bother me at first but I've been working out first thing since Dec and they are used to it now.
    I don't know how I missed this!!! Yep, you're my motivation too. Glad I was able to connect with you in the EA thread and now here and next CE!!! Bring it!
  • Cbeth80
    Cbeth80 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm scarrrred....:cry:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It sounds like those that have been doing the workouts are really liking it. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and we completed the fit test last night. Excited to see how the first real workout is going to go tonight : )

Have you all been seeing any differences with your measurements/weight since you started? I've seen the results of others on BeachBody's website but sometimes you wonder if the company beef's them up to sell the product.

Good luck with all of your workouts today! I will let you all know how mine goes tonight : )

I'm with ceelove on this...too early to tell right now. There's one poster that comes to mind who I just saw on the Success stories who finished Insanity and had great results. Def. heard a lot of positive things on here about it. But hers comes to mind since it was so recent. Definitely makes me believe it's worth all the sweat!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Insanity is truly brutal - good luck with it. I enjoyed the 1 dvd I borrowed from a friend. Can't wait to order it.

What are you waiting for???? :laugh:
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options

You can do it!!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

I was scared too. Just do the best you can and it gets better every time.
  • mamareese
    Options
    jennieodowyer is absolutely right!! :smile: It is intimidating but as you progress it's awesome to feel the difference. Plus just knowing you've burned tons of calories is such incentive to keep pushing play!!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Deleted-because apparently I'm so enthusiastic, I'm now repeating myself.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    I'm getting a little obsessive. Do you know how many times the Insanity infomercial is on a day? I always see different parts of it. Last night there was 50 year old lady on there that could totally kick my butt. I was equal parts ashamed that she can out do me and motivated to get my act together.

My sister thinks I'm crazy for even trying it. That's also motivating!!

I completely agree with the others...even if you can only manage to do 20% of the workout on your first day, that 20% is probably way more effective than whatever else you could be doing.
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    Day 5- Finished Pure Cardio. It is a cardio workout that is for sure. Not sure if I like the format of this better than Plyo Cardio Circuit /Cardio Power and Resistance. It is cool that you are doing something different all the time vs. repeating the same moves for 3 sets, but I do miss the precious water breaks. :love:

Lessons learned:

Plyo Cardio Circuit = Sore calves
    Cardio Power and Resistance = Sore Triceps
    Cardio Recovery = Sore butt
    Pure Cardio = ? we shall see tomorrow morning haha
  • mamareese
    Options

Lessons learned:

Plyo Cardio Circuit = Sore calves
    Cardio Power and Resistance = Sore Triceps
    Cardio Recovery = Sore butt
    Pure Cardio = ? we shall see tomorrow morning haha

This made me giggle because it's soo true!!

I haven't checked to see what tomorrow is for me...I probably should so I can psych myself up for it!! It's funny because with this I eat healthy but don't have to worry 'so' much about checking my calories every time I go to get something. Since I know I'm kicking my own booty, I grab my almonds for my mid morning snack knowing I'm still within my limit. But on today's rest day I'm getting a little obsessive about checking everything before I dare eat. But it keeps me pouring water down my throat because that will keep me from snacking just because I 'think' I'm hungry.
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Hey everyone- I started reading through (got to page 3) and figured I'd just skip to the end and ask a few questions....I am considering starting Insanity. A friend from work lent it to me, so it's just sitting by the TV staring at me. I have one serious question before I start- my current expextations for myself are to lose weight. I do not want (repeat..DO NOT)...want to add muscle mass weight. I started my weight loss journey on January 2. I was 304.8 pounds. I am currently at 251.4 pounds. My goal weight is 220. I read a few people that were losing, but from what I saw, the majority sat flat or gained a little. What is your experience as far as weight loss goes with Insanity? It looks like an awesome workout, but if it's going to cause me to stay flat with my weight, I will wait to start this (maybe when I clear 240).
    Thanks for the info.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Skolls- Great question, wish I had the answer. I'm only on week 2. I have lost about 3lbs during that time with pretty much just Insanity and the calorie counting. I know my husband looked at it as a supplemental thing to his lifting. He read alot of reviews that say it's mostly weight loss and toning. Not sure if anyone else has seen or read something different. A guy at the gym just finished up his first round and he lost... I hope you get a good answer, the people on here are pretty knowledgeable so I'm sure they'll be someone who has the answer!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Options
    I haven't checked to see what tomorrow is for me...I probably should so I can psych myself up for it!! It's funny because with this I eat healthy but don't have to worry 'so' much about checking my calories every time I go to get something. Since I know I'm kicking my own booty, I grab my almonds for my mid morning snack knowing I'm still within my limit. But on today's rest day I'm getting a little obsessive about checking everything before I dare eat. But it keeps me pouring water down my throat because that will keep me from snacking just because I 'think' I'm hungry.

That is my trick also, just keep drinking :happy: I totally workout to eat. The rest days are bittersweet for me because I get to rest but I also get to eat less. :laugh:
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    So it is me or does Insanity just torch your calves? I thought my whole legs would be sore from all the plyo but really my calves are taking it the hardest. Lovin the burn :smokin:

Oh dear god my calves!

I just finished my first week and i actually could not do all of Saturdays workout cause my calves were so tight! Todays rest day was nice, but I am scared for tomorrow!
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone- I started reading through (got to page 3) and figured I'd just skip to the end and ask a few questions....I am considering starting Insanity. A friend from work lent it to me, so it's just sitting by the TV staring at me. I have one serious question before I start- my current expextations for myself are to lose weight. I do not want (repeat..DO NOT)...want to add muscle mass weight. I started my weight loss journey on January 2. I was 304.8 pounds. I am currently at 251.4 pounds. My goal weight is 220. I read a few people that were losing, but from what I saw, the majority sat flat or gained a little. What is your experience as far as weight loss goes with Insanity? It looks like an awesome workout, but if it's going to cause me to stay flat with my weight, I will wait to start this (maybe when I clear 240).
    Thanks for the info.

I have been doing Insanity for 5 months now religiously (as of last Friday) and I have lost 40 lbs. using it and eating better. I have not had one plateau or had a week without a loss.
  • Hyingling
    Options
    I am starting Insanity tonight. I was wondering though, how does everyone track it on here in your exercise diary?! I'm not sure how many calories I will burn. Please help me everyone, I just started this diary today. :)
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity tonight. I was wondering though, how does everyone track it on here in your exercise diary?! I'm not sure how many calories I will burn. Please help me everyone, I just started this diary today. :)

I highly recommend getting a heart rate monitor.I got the Polar FT4 for $83 on amazon and got free 2 day shipping with my prime account. I was using circut training from the database here as my guide before that an I found that it overestimated my calories burned by anywhere from 150 -300 calories off! Overestimated! that means I was eating more than I needed and hence not losing any weight.

The HRM has really helped me to see my true burn based on my body and HR.
  • cathy2ci
    cathy2ci Posts: 4
    Options
    I am starting as soon as I get the dvd's...my son has them at his dad's so it may take a few days before I get them...it is sounding intimidating!!! Can't wait to try it out...I will put on my fitness test results, maybe for each 30 days to see if I get better,lol...good luck all!!!
    :heart:
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    I did the Insanity Fit Test tonight...wow!!! That was rough!!! So here's my numbers...feel free to laugh, as I am sure these are pitiful!!! lol

Switch Kicks: 57
    Power Jacks: 39
    Power knees: 60
    Power Jumps: 21
    Globe Jumps: 7
    Suicide Jumps: 12
    Push-Up Jacks: 16
    Low Plank Oblique: 30

As you can see- anything involving jumps, I am horrible at! I am still sitting on the couch feeling whooped (i finished the test 20 minutes ago). Can't wait to see how tomorrow goes....