INSANITY CHALLENGE. ANY TAKERS??

Options

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I JUST this very second, ordered Insanity. Should be here in a couple of weeks. Someone gave me JM's 30 day shred, so I'm going to dust that off for the next two weeks until Insanity gets here.

My fitness background: I've been jogging for a few months, slow progress due to injuries. I've also added in The Firm videos, but they just aren't challenging enough.

I'm SO nervous about the intensity of these workouts (especially after watching Shaun preview the moves on Tyra - yikes!). However, I've read the runners' comments with interest. I really need to build up my overall strength to stop all of these injuries and improve my running. I'm a little worried because everyone on this site seems to love 30 Day Shred, but I don't really like it and it seems like Insanity might be like 30 day shred. I've been thinking about buying Insanity or p90x for over a year and read most of the threads on mfp.

Well, it is coming in time for bikini season and I want to give it a full trial and hopefully get my husband to do it with me. Here's hoping this is a good investment! I hope to join y'all on this thread once the videos get here. Thanks for reading!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Next week is my last week of my first round of insanity. Has anyone jumped right into another round of insanity after completing it, or did you give it a rest? Any advice would be appreciated.:happy:
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Welcome, jlbay!! Can't wait for you to get started. I was tres nervous before starting the very first workout (not the fit test). Once I got through it though, I was excited about moving forward. I'm only in my first week and have done almost all of the workouts except for one (Cardio Abs). I'm sure THAT is going to give me a huge challenge. I love this program though! And Shaun is just nice to look at.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I did FIt Test Yesterday and Plyo Cardio Circuit today. I love and hate it at the same time! It's intense but the timing on it is perfect so I can catch my breath and push through. Glad to find some others who are just starting the challenge!

Are you using a HRM? What are you getting for readings? Mine seemed a little high today but than again the last routine I did was 30DS and this is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more intense for me.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Hi, mamareese! Welcome. :happy: I burned 235 calories during the fit test. I'm 5'3", 165 pounds so that may make a difference.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Thanks ceelovejay! I appreciate the response. That's about what I was at with the fit test. Today's Plyo Cardio was way higher at 400+. Definitely won't eat ALL those calories back. But just wanted to check because I want to eat the right amount for losing but maintaining muscle. All of this can get so confusing sometimes!

I did P90x in the summer and though I love Tony Horton. Shaun T is, in my opinion, so much more motivating. He's so energetic and keeps me wanting to get one more push up or squat in!!

Glad to find you all!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    And as I tell my best friend daily, he's so easy on the eyes. :laugh: My burn for the plyo cardio circuit was also very high. I've been trying to focus on getting my protein in, which I haven't been very successful at so far. My intake jumped quite a bit though so I'm trying to readjust.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Next week is my last week of my first round of insanity. Has anyone jumped right into another round of insanity after completing it, or did you give it a rest? Any advice would be appreciated.:happy:

Congratulations. We didn't jump directly into a 2nd round of Insanity, but it's a good idea. The thing is, is that we got used to the one hour workouts. So we've been doing P90X and Insanity hybrids with the 2nd month Insanity Max workouts for 90 days. It's been awesome.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my second week, I had pure cardio today! I definately have a love/hate relationship with the pure cardio!! I havent gone running since I started the program,and I am hoping to go this weekend and see if my times are any different.
    I also agree with ceelove that Shaun is easy on the eyes :)
    Does anyone do any strength training while doing Insanity???
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Didn't get my workout in this morning because I had to fast for a blood test. I didn't think I could do the workout without water without passing out. Looks like it will be an evening workout now.

My abs still hurt from yesterday. On the plus side my husband jabbed me in the side and then said "Ooooh la la". I'll take that as motivation to keep at it. :laugh:
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Congratulations. We didn't jump directly into a 2nd round of Insanity, but it's a good idea. The thing is, is that we got used to the one hour workouts. So we've been doing P90X and Insanity hybrids with the 2nd month Insanity Max workouts for 90 days. It's been awesome.
    Thanks so much!!! I am loving the hour work outs too. I don't think I can continue to lose weight without the one hour workouts. What do you think of running for 1/2 hour and then doing 1st month's dvd's until I hit the 2nd month Max workouts and cycle them that way?
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Work out done! Had a bad headache to start with and felt sick to my stomach the entire time but I survived it! :bigsmile:
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am really thinking about buying this for cheap off ebay once I get a job
    and am slightly more fitter than I am now.
    If it kills really athletic fit people,I'll be dead in the first minute. From what I've seen the results are great though.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Completed Day 6 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Did more half-pushups than Day 2. :laugh: Now, on to a well-deserved rest day tomorrow.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Hey Cee-Day #13 here. Last night I took a bad step when I was working out and today I must have ticked my calf/ankle off even more. Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day so I can recover.

It was the first time I had to do the Ab workout after the regular workout. I expected to have difficulty because that's how I roll with ab exercises. What I didn't know was that my body must not be made the way these other people's bodies are made. Every time I lifted my leg, my hip popped! It was kind of distracting. :laugh:

Two weeks down!! :drinker:
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Oh no! I hope whatever happened it's very minor and resting tomorrow will be all you need. At least your hip popping took your focus off from the actual exercise! :laugh:

I'm so proud of us!! I've never been this enthusiastic about exercising before.
  • mamareese
    Options
    Way to go girls! Sticking with it! I hit day #3 Pure Cardio today-PHEW!! I finished all of it but was definitely whooped. I've found my appetite is up now with Insanity and I'm having a hard time keeping a handle on it, add in the weekend and TOM and My eating habits today were very poor. Got to get that under control. ASAP.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Cee-I'm mostly healed. I feel fine when I'm moving but when I stop I can feel the top of my foot and my calf.

Today was Day 15-Second fit test. I kicked booty on it!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Way to go girls! Sticking with it! I hit day #3 Pure Cardio today-PHEW!! I finished all of it but was definitely whooped. I've found my appetite is up now with Insanity and I'm having a hard time keeping a handle on it, add in the weekend and TOM and My eating habits today were very poor. Got to get that under control. ASAP.

Same here!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling better. Just make sure to listen to your body. No more injuries for you!!