Snowflakes to Sunshine Week#5 Discussion (CLOSED GROUP)

12345679»

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    K- I do incorporate strength into my workouts. I like to do circuit training classes at the gym. I just finished an upper body workout on exercisetv since I didn't make it to the gym today. I've tried pilate once. there is a pilates class after my zumba class and I literally fell asleep. Its too slow for me and I feel like I don't burn any calories and it was a complete waste of time, but that just my opinion!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    You can do it! I know the whole wisdom teeth/gym closed/not getting the same burn feelings. Look at your sentences for a sec. "I have been TRYING to eat ok and I have been TRYING to exercise." Change it to I HAVE been eating ok, and I HAVE been exercising. As long as you are making a serious effort and commitment to these things, even with a temporary lower burn, you'll still be fine in the long run. :flowerforyou:

Thanks Steph for the boost of confidence. I have been eating good, still no late night snacking. I worked out for an hour today despite the fact that the roads still are not clear enough to go to the gym. I burned almost 500 calories, so I am proud of that. Sorry for the negative statements, I've just been a little down lately. But today is a new day and I have made great choice. Thanks for believeing in me!
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    I have done some cardio sculpting classes at my gym over the last 2 weeks. But, today I started the 30 DAY SHRED!!!! So, that will be my strength training for the next 30 days. And than I will change it up in March!!!!! :wink:
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Krystle,

You never cease to amaze me!!!! LOVE :heart: all of the information and tips that you provide us with. You are a walking encyclopedia when it comes to weightloss, nutrition and exercise. I think it's awesome that you educate yourself through research. It is obvious that you have put forth a lot of time and effort to obtain this knowledge!!! Have you started that "book" yet?:drinker:

I can't thank you enough for ALWAYS taking the time to share this wealth of information with your "Snowflakes" *BIG HUG* :love:

Thanks!

Sabrina
    :flowerforyou:

Awww thank you so much! You are wonderful with all of your positive energy! I must say, I learned to educate myself so that I could lose weight and keep it off forever. It is so easy to be "had" by gimmicks and I wanted to make sure that I spread the same information to everyone. It is like I always say..."Be blessed and be a blessing" :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I wanted to see how many people are incorporating strength training with their exercise regimen.
    [...]
    Another great alternative for those who may not have hand weights or resistance bands is....Pilates!
    I want to start strength training so much! That is literally the only reason why I joined the gym, but since being sick, I haven't gotten in there yet to book time with a personal trainer to show me the ropes... or rather, weights.

There's this interesting book called "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" by Lou Schuler, for anyone looking to start building some serious muscle. It's got smarts and humour.

I like pilates. It's fun, and I like it more than yoga (except for the yoga on that show called Namaste, which will always be my favourite yoga program).

TeamLeela... Way to go on that burn!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Well, I had an unexpected pepperoni pizza lunch today...my lunch meeting (which usually provides turkey sandwiches) provided PIZZA! UGH. I should have come prepared, but I wasn't, so I had 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza. Boo!

But, I have the calories for it and I'm going to work out hard tonight. Next time I'll come prepared!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Happy Thursday Snowflakes!!! I am so glad to see everyone being so positive :happy: Even those of you drowning in snow!! Luckily we just got a lot of wind from the storm yesterday and some flurries, no accumulation though!! I officially have a problem....my No More Trouble Zones dvd is officially missing. I am pretty sure the little one hid it somewhere:laugh: I literally looked all over the living room!! no clue where she put them so I didnt get in my ab work after my biggest loser cardio last night:sad: Oh well I'm sure it will eventually show up!! Since I have so many new dvds I have decided to just do them one at a time (atleast for the first round) I'm doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd which is a 6 week program(I am on week 3 now) so after I finish this I am planning to start the 30 day Shred, then 6 week Six Pack. For those of you who don't know Jillian has a new dvd coming out called Ripped in 30 from what I have read, it is supposed to be a lot like the 30ds but more intense( I know this seems like a huge workload but it seems like when I look at how much I have to do it makes the Biggest Loser DVD just fly by (maybe because I am nervous about 30ds!! :laugh:

I am not to thrilled about the weigh in this week. I feel like I have stayed on track but I just dont feel like I am going to see a loss....Plus I am super stressed about school. I have an Algebra quiz in the morning and it is over stuff that I am totally lost on!! Even if i dont see a loss its no biggie!! I will just try harder next week :happy: Good luck in the morning weighing in!!!
  • Krys_T
    Did a few more blog posts today...if anyone is interested...check them out

www.krystlesweightloss.blogspot.com

Hope everyone is having a great day today...and let's get those workouts in, if we haven't already tonight! I am so happy to have such a wonderful group of people, BESIDE me on this journey. Snowflakes to Sunshine ALL THE WAY!
  • Krys_T
    Bump
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Did a few more blog posts today...if anyone is interested...check them out

www.krystlesweightloss.blogspot.com

Hope everyone is having a great day today...and let's get those workouts in, if we haven't already tonight! I am so happy to have such a wonderful group of people, BESIDE me on this journey. Snowflakes to Sunshine ALL THE WAY!

bout to go read your blog..hope it give me MORE motivation. thanks for sharing!
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    I got my egg sandwich for work. Went to give company with a pregnant friend for lunch. However I ended up eating burger and torter tots with bacon while she had chips and salsa. Already my weight has gone from 190.6 to 191.6 today. On top of that I dont feel like going to gym today and my tummy is feeling heavy. I really want to see my numbers in 180's :(
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    I got my egg sandwich for work. Went to give company with a pregnant friend for lunch. However I ended up eating burger and torter tots with bacon while she had chips and salsa. Already my weight has gone from 190.6 to 191.6 today. On top of that I dont feel like going to gym today and my tummy is feeling heavy. I really want to see my numbers in 180's :(

Sometimes it's hard to keep to your guns when the unexpected comes up - but don't look at the scale so much! If you weigh yourself more than just first thing in the morning you are weighing all that you've had to eat or drink in that time. With the sodium in the burger and tots - that will just add to the water weight. It's hard (I know!!!) but try to weigh yourself just once a week due to the fluctuations caused by water that happen on a daily basis. And when you do weigh yourself, do it first thing when you get up, BEFORE you've had anything to eat or drink, and you'll have a clearer picture of your actual weight. Another tip - watch the sodium intake the day before you plan to weigh or you won't be as happy with the numbers!
This discussion has been closed.