Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    141.4 from 142 last week :)
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Wow, time flies! I have not posted since Friday. I have been busier than usual because I am the presenter for my study group tonight. I finally finished my powerpoint presentation last night (54 pages!), so I thought I would take a few minutes to catch up with my MFP 5lb friends!

We went out for my hubby's V-day dinner on Monday night, and I ate lots of yummy but terrible things (wings, mozza sticks, potato nachos). At least it was only a one-shot deal, and my eating has been very good since. It used to take me 3 days to get back on track after such an event, so I'm making progress. We are going out for my V-day celebration this Saturday (I was too busy with school work to celebrate last weekend). My hubby has an overnight trip planned for us. His mom is going to watch our girls. :love:

As for exercise, I missed my yoga class on Monday night, and I didn't get to the gym yesterday for my Tuesday run. Today is usually a rest day for me, but I've decided that I'm going to do yesterday's run today. I have a 10k in May, and with my current level of fitness, I can't afford to miss any training days. Besides, my original plan was Tues/Thurs/Sat +/- 1 day, so I should be ok.

55, I'm so glad that you figured out a way to fit in some exercise. I knew you could do it! :drinker:
    And, great motivation on cooking some homemade meals! I hope you enjoy them. Maybe you can start packing some leftovers to bring for lunch at work, so you don't have to eat bananas every day for lunch! We stick to pretty simple meals, and I admit that some are helped along with boxes or cans... :blushing:

Ralu, congratulations!! You're currently beating me in the race to 150 by 0.1 pounds.

Bru, way to go on dropping below your pre-holiday weight! I hope you get to eat that nice crunchy apple soon!

Robin, those flowers are absolutely gorgeous. I love the glowing centerpieces - wish I had known about that for my own wedding!

For those of you that are new - welcome! :flowerforyou:
    For those of you that are losing - congratulations!! :drinker:
    For those of you that are stuck at your current weight - don't give up!!! :grumble:
    For those of you that are gaining - U-TURN!!!! :noway:
  • jworley94
    Options
    I missed this for February so how about a March weight goal.

start weight - 198
    current weight - 165
    Goal for March 31 - 157
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Yesterday was a very bummer kinda day for me. Found out that the employee contribution to our health insurance is going up $100 a month and our employer is no longer contributing to our 401K plan. I know $100 isn't that much money and I'm thankful I have a job that provides health insurance but still, it makes it even harder for me to make ends meet every month. And I sure would like to go buy me a couple pair of pants that actually fit me so I can quit pinning the old baggy ones I currently wear. :grumble: The positive side of yesterday was that I really wanted to snack and eat like crazy after work (I am a big stress eater) but I ate a few strawberries, then backed away from the kitchen. Finished the night with 53 calories under my goal, GO ME !

Thanks for "listening" pals. I hope all of your are having a wonderful day. Sending skinny vibes your way :tongue:
  • dmgaloha
    Options
    As for exercise, I missed my yoga class on Monday night, and I didn't get to the gym yesterday for my Tuesday run. Today is usually a rest day for me, but I've decided that I'm going to do yesterday's run today. I have a 10k in May, and with my current level of fitness, I can't afford to miss any training days. Besides, my original plan was Tues/Thurs/Sat +/- 1 day, so I should be ok.

Posting to let you know that I completed my run today. I was scheduled to run the Couch to 5k Week 4, Day 2 workout, but I rocked it today, and did the Week 5, Day 3 workout, which is a 20 minute run!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: (ok, I posted to brag)

kintegra, bru, tina... I'll be running those virtual 5k's with you soon!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Evening all....got in another decent workout at the Y,....took my mom with me today....she is 75 and a real trooper..I am sooo proud of her....Hope you all survived hump day...We are enjoying some decent weather here 50 degrees, hope you all are doing the same.....
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options

Posting to let you know that I completed my run today. I was scheduled to run the Couch to 5k Week 4, Day 2 workout, but I rocked it today, and did the Week 5, Day 3 workout, which is a 20 minute run!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: (ok, I posted to brag)

Yay Congratulations thats a great accomplishment. im proud of you too : )
    kintegra, bru, tina... I'll be running those virtual 5k's with you soon!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Evening all....got in another decent workout at the Y,....took my mom with me today....she is 75 and a real trooper..I am sooo proud of her....Hope you all survived hump day...We are enjoying some decent weather here 50 degrees, hope you all are doing the same.....

That is great! its good that your mom supports you and goes with you : )
    the weather here was in the 50's for 2 days and is now storming again!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Feb 1st: 197.6 lbs
    Feb 7th: 200.4 lbs
    Feb 14th: 198.0 lbs
    Feb 21st:
    Feb 28th:

I forgot to post my weigh in on Monday. Today was a day that was just so whacked out....I'm just glad it is finally over. I'm not normally a moody person, but the world was trying to end on me today and I had no reason why. Total emotional breakdown for NO REASON whatsoever! I ended up falling at work....thus my new profile pic. My wonderful coworker, Andy has quick lightening fast reaction & grabbed his camera phone to snap the lovely portrait. And SNAP! Thru my tears I started laughing my *kitten* off and lo & behold - crisis over! I CAME BACK TO LIGHT! Went to the gym, Zumba'd my butt off and then hopped on the elliptical too! Sooooooooo glad this day is done!

Kudos to everyone on the scale victories & tape measurements as well! I'm proud of you all!

Donna - you will SO be doing those virtual 5Ks with us soon! Keep it up, girlie!

To those of you that personally saw all my pain & crap of a day - glad I could provide the calorie burn of all the laughter! That's what I'm here for! I LOVE MY MFP FRIENDS!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :laugh: :love: :flowerforyou: YOU ALL ROCK!
  • Ralu19
    Ralu19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi, everyone
    just checking in :wink:
    it was hard to get out of bed this morning (5 o'clock as always), but today is my last work day this week - took friday and monday off, i'm going to spend my birthday weekend in prague with my boyfriend. :tongue:
    i'm a bit stressed about being away from home, especially when celebrating - i'll try to be good and not go over the top, but they sure have great beer in Prague! :laugh:
    this morning i went to the gym, tomorrow i will train at home on the treadmill before we leave...i don't want to gain back what i lost - i hate when i sabotage myself and yet, i still do it.

kintegra, sorry to read you had such a crappy day, but it is now behind you - and i hope you have a great weekend!
    donna, congrats on the great workout! :drinker:

take care, guys, until next week! :smile:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Yay, I can chew again!! Sorry, it's the small victories :laugh: Speaking of NSV, I was able to wear the anklet my hubby bought me on our wedding day in 08 that was too small. I love it!! :drinker:

I went for a 3ish mile hike yesterday and boy did I burn some cals! :noway: Todays weather (mind you, I'm in southern IL and it's Feb!) is already 50* and the hogh is gonna be almost 70*!! Of course, next Wed's high is gonna be 30* so I'm gonna enjoy today as much as possible. :love: Gonna walk my boo-tay all around today.

I started p90x Wed (lean version), well kinda, I did the Core Syn, was suppose to do cardio dvd yesterday, but I did c25k and hiking so I think I'm good on the cardio yesterday. Today is arms, shoulders and abs, so I'm either gonna do it within the next hour or wait til tomorrow, I wanna soak up this weather as much as I can!

Enjoy your day everyone!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,
    OUR SCHOOL HAD A MILE RUN FOR PEACE TODAY. ALL THE KIDDIES FROM PRE K UP TO HS RAN A MILE AROUND THE TRACK. SOME TEACHERS JOINED IN AND I WAS ONE OF THEM. I HAVE NOT RAN FOR A WHILE BUT I DID A WHOLE MILE. SOME OF MY STUDENTS WERE VERY SURPRISED THAT THEIR TEACHER WAS RUNNING AND RUNNING FASTER THAN SOME OF THEM. WE ARE DOING THIS RUN FOR PEACE TO EARN MONEY FOR THE POOR PEOPLE IN EGYPT THAT LOST MONEY DURING THE PROTESTS.
    I HAVE HAD A GOOD DAY TODAY EATING HEALTHY AND ALL. I WAS PRETTY BAD WITH ALL THE VALENTINE CHOCOLATE THAT I GOT FROM STUDENTS. I SURE ENJOYED IT BUT DIDN'T ENJOY THE NUMBER ON THE SCALES THE NEXT DAY. I AM HOPING TO SEE A LITTLE LOSS TOMORROW. BUT IF I DON'T... IT IN MY OWN DARN FAULT. PHYLJEN:laugh:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,
    OUR SCHOOL HAD A MILE RUN FOR PEACE TODAY. ALL THE KIDDIES FROM PRE K UP TO HS RAN A MILE AROUND THE TRACK. SOME TEACHERS JOINED IN AND I WAS ONE OF THEM. I HAVE NOT RAN FOR A WHILE BUT I DID A WHOLE MILE. SOME OF MY STUDENTS WERE VERY SURPRISED THAT THEIR TEACHER WAS RUNNING AND RUNNING FASTER THAN SOME OF THEM. WE ARE DOING THIS RUN FOR PEACE TO EARN MONEY FOR THE POOR PEOPLE IN EGYPT THAT LOST MONEY DURING THE PROTESTS.
    I HAVE HAD A GOOD DAY TODAY EATING HEALTHY AND ALL. I WAS PRETTY BAD WITH ALL THE VALENTINE CHOCOLATE THAT I GOT FROM STUDENTS. I SURE ENJOYED IT BUT DIDN'T ENJOY THE NUMBER ON THE SCALES THE NEXT DAY. I AM HOPING TO SEE A LITTLE LOSS TOMORROW. BUT IF I DON'T... IT IN MY OWN DARN FAULT. PHYLJEN:laugh:

I am very glad to hear this! I still think of you running from the street dogs every time I go for a run! :happy: Which sadly isn't very often these days.
    I will run tonight and think of you! My own little run for EGYPT PEACE! :flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,

I am very glad to hear this! I still think of you running from the street dogs every time I go for a run! :happy: Which sadly isn't very often these days.
    I will run tonight and think of you! My own little run for EGYPT PEACE! :flowerforyou:

So happy for you Phyljen! Way to show those kids your stuff! I just got in from my run tonight OUTSIDE! Beautiful 60s this evening so I had to get out & take advantage while I could. Of course its going to drop back down to the 30s tonight & then more snow is in the forecast for this weekend. :grumble: Finally all the snow from our major snowstorm 2 weeks ago melted away today so I can see my yard!! But apparently its not gonna last :mad:
  • dmgaloha
    Options
    Tina - that's great about your mom exercising with you! My mom is 71, and I've noticed she has put on a lot of weight over the last few years and has had a sharp decline in her fitness levels. 5-10 years ago, she'd walk a 5k with me no problem, now she's winded going up one flight of stairs. My sister and I worry about her health a lot.

I'm all mixed up now, because I'm a day behind on my runs. Normally Friday is yoga day, and I did go to my class at noon. But now, I'm realizing that I'm actually due for a run today as well. Maybe I'll try to fit that in on the treadmill at home tonight. Tomorrow is our Valentine's night out, which includes a movie - so I see popcorn in my near future! :blushing:

I weighed myself today: 152.75 (up 0.25 from my last weigh-in)

It's my own fault I'm gaining, I only exercised Wed and Fri this week, and Mon's dinner out was a smorgasborg of deep fried foods. And I've been tired and stressed and PMS'ing, and snacking a bit more than I should. At least it is only 0.25 of a pound. It is a good reminder to try not to go too overboard this weekend.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, did a GLORIOUS run outside today...wow it was refreshing....did my 5k train and ran a 32 min....so I'll take that, still about 4 weeks left so hopefully I will do ok....would be GREAT if the weather was like today....boy does a great day lift your spirits......I think we all get that seasonal effect disorder (or whaterever you call if) about this time of year....

dmgaloha....my hubby and I are also going on our Valentine date this weekend....out to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant and then bowling...I am soooo gonna beat him, HA!!

phyljen---so glad that you have peace in your country now..hopefully things will only continue to improve and I bet you did a great job running with the kids.

Kelly, that pic of you still just cracks me up!!!!

Bru, glad you can chew again...and did you ever get your HRM?? If so, how do you like it??

To the rest of ya'll (ha!) have a great day TGIF>...lets do something productive this weekend, YEAH!!
  • kintegra
    Options
    Afternoon all, did a GLORIOUS run outside today...wow it was refreshing....did my 5k train and ran a 32 min....so I'll take that, still about 4 weeks left so hopefully I will do ok....would be GREAT if the weather was like today....boy does a great day lift your spirits......I think we all get that seasonal effect disorder (or whaterever you call if) about this time of year....

dmgaloha....my hubby and I are also going on our Valentine date this weekend....out to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant and then bowling...I am soooo gonna beat him, HA!!

phyljen---so glad that you have peace in your country now..hopefully things will only continue to improve and I bet you did a great job running with the kids.

Kelly, that pic of you still just cracks me up!!!!

Bru, glad you can chew again...and did you ever get your HRM?? If so, how do you like it??

To the rest of ya'll (ha!) have a great day TGIF>...lets do something productive this weekend, YEAH!!

Glad I can still make you laugh!! :laugh:

I did my 5K run outside last night too! It was SO nice! (In the mid 60s) I'm thinking I may just go again tonight when I get home. Its only in the 50s today here, but still better than what it has been. Snow is forecasted for Sunday here again :sad:

Tina & Donna enjoy your Valentine Dates this weekend!!!
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    finally did it!!!! started at 196..weighed this morning and im down to 191!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Finally had a loss that feels like a loss this week.

Feb.1: 219.3 (-.3)
    Feb 11: 218.8 (-.5)
    Feb 18: 217. Down 1.8 (Total this month so far... -2.3!
    Feb 25:
    Feb 28: Goal for Feb. 214.3

Don't know if I will make it, but sure as heck going to try to get to that 5lb loss this month.

Good luck everyone!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options

Yes I did!! I have a Sigma PC9 in 'Berry' and I love it!!! I had to have Nick set it up at first, but it's actually very easy to use :)