SWaT Walking Group - February Walk

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    I also decided I better get a good walk in on the first day of the month. So I'm off to a good start! Happy walking everyone!:smile:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Okay Marie, your holding out on us! You have to post the recipe for the sweet potato parmesan fries you told Teresa about! :love:
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    hmmm i might have to join this... how do you get your tickers?
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    PARMESAN-PEPPER SWEET POTATO FRIES

1/2 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4" thick sticks
    1TBSP grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp paprika
    pinch of cayenne
    salt to taste
    pinch of ground black pepper
    ketchup(optional)
    Preheat oven at 450.In a meduim bowl, toss the potatoes, cheese , olive oil, garlic powder,paprika, cayenne, salt, and black pepper. Place the potatoes in a single layer on a meduim nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes . Flip the potatoes and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and browned in spots . Serve immediately, with Ketchup. if desired
    Makes 1 serving
    Per serving : 249 calories 5g protein, 49g carbs,4g fat(trace saturated) 8 mg cholesterol, 7g fiber
    238mg sodium

Im always tempted to add more parmesan cheese.

I really had to force myself just to get my one mile in today. I don't know what the problem was. At least it was something. Sandy, I have the same exercise plan in mind. I had to laugh at your comment "you might change your mind tomorrow". Im constantly doing that! Im better off just going by the mood of the day!

Have a great night everyone!
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow! lots of new folks - welcome!:flowerforyou:

Marie, my husband is going to want to kiss you for the recipe. He loves sweet potatoes, and I mean LOVES them!

I did the 5K with a twist so I'm at 3.1 miles and counting for the day. I also did 45 minues of weights - PHEW! Now I just need to drown my weariness with water as I'm behind in my water for the day :drinker:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hi, just saw this thread.

I like walking, and I like jogging even more. Recently it seems jogging -might- be too strenuous so I'll be sticking to the walking for a week or two to see what goes on.

I'd love to join and chat with you all.

A great goal for me will be 35 miles this month.

My name is Sarah (kinda obvious :laugh: ). Nice to meet you all! :flowerforyou:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah and Bachooka, We're glad to have you with us.

Bachooka to get a ticker you can go to www.tickerfactory.com and make your ticker. Then post the code for the ticker into your signature here on this sight. Use the code from ticker factory that says bbCode.

Marie! Thanks for the recipe. It sounds great and I'm going to try it out this weekend! :bigsmile:
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Yah! a new month,,, I'm so glad to be back again.
    And lots of new friends too, welcome.:happy:

My goal for this month will be 50 miles,,,, I know I can do more, but I think I'll not push to much, yet,, once the weather gets better outside. I'll shoot for more miles...

pmjsmon, thanks,,, my daughter just introduced me to utub last week,,,, so now i'll have to go check out the video..

haven't walked yet today, but my treadmill is calling me tonight. so my goal is for 4 miles.... I'll report tomorrow how well I do...

have a good evening all and stay warm.:drinker:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! :flowerforyou:

My name is Sabrina. Some of you may already know me as I had planned on participating in your walk group last month but, was unable to due to a head injury!!!

I'm already to WALK!!! My goal for the month is 50 miles. I went low as I do other things throughout the week as well. For example ZUMBA!!! I love Zumba but, the classes are at night. I really feel like I need some sort of exercise in the morning. I use to always start my morning off with a walk and decided I would go back to that routine.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone a little bit better.

Today I walked 3 miles. I already set up my ticker to reflect 50 miles/3 miles walked. Can you please tell me if you all check in on a daily basis or weekly or whenever you feel like it?

Happy Walking Everyone!!!!!!!

Sabrina
    :flowerforyou:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

I woke up at 6:30 a.m. this morning. I wasn't feeling well TOM is here. :grumble: But, I pushed through it. I walked and fed the dogs and was out the door by 6:40 a.m. and walked for 30 min. 1 1/2 miles. I am so happy that I did this!!! :happy: What a wonderful way to start my day!!! I have really missed walking in the mornings. I must keep this up!!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!

Happy Walking!!
    Sabrina
    :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Feb1/ 4 miles and weights Slim Walk Power Walk
    Feb2/4.5 miles and weights. BL Walk Power Walk Strong Walk Alice Walk

How many of us are in snow or ice? Not to bad here but roads are pretty drifted.
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    Doing great this morning other than the fact that my dog figured that I wasn't allowed to sleep in, and guess who is asleep now... LOL
    But I got 5 miles in so not to bad.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Morning, all!
    agflowers13.gif
    Welcome, to our new walkers!

We have cold weather here in Western Washington but it has been sunny and warming to upper 40's by afternoon. Unusual for this time of year--I guess all our wet weather went east and turned into snow and ice! Sorry about that!

I walked a bit more than 3 miles at work yesterday but haven't done any videos--too tired after work. I'll try to get the extra exercise in in another week or so once I have adjusted to my new schedule.

Sabrina--Glad you are back with us! I try to check in every day but I may start using this time to walk instead. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Time to get ready for work. Have a good day, everyone! Stay warm!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I just did the 3 miles of the 5 mile fat burning walk. Boy do I feel good now. Guess I'll do some of the Fly Ladies cleaning now. Have a good one everybody:smile:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Thousands attended a local Global Warming Protest today!

Globalwarmingprotest.jpg
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    hmmm i might have to join this... how do you get your tickers?

BUMP
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Well Im not allowed to shovel. So I went downstairs and did 4 miles today. Had to push myself through the first 2, third and forth were easier. Husband has been outside snowblowing for hours and is only half done. Then he has to go to work. I feel really bad!

These are a couple websites that we get our tickers from:

http://www.weight-loss-center.net/exercise-tickers/?id=1426

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8

Create your ticker then copy and paste the bbCode into your signature on this website.

Leslie, thats funny about your dog. Mine kept me up during a thunderstorm in the night awhile back. Then napped all day while I had to be awake. So I woke him up a couple times just to get him back...lol. I know mean huh. It made me feel better at that moment though.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    count me in!! I just got Leslie's Walk at Home 5 mile Walk and I love it! I have a bad ankle so I can't do high impact workouts and this is perfect!!

I'm going to shoot for 40 miles this month!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    1 - 3.22 mile walk
    2 - 3.76 mile walk

So far I'm 100% this month, hehe :) woo hoo! I am trying to get faster for an event in April, it's 3.4 miles. Today, I couldn't IMAGINE running the entire course, as walking/jogging it takes me 1 hr right now! But I know that if I keep it up and walk/ jog often, I will get faster and healthier along the way. :D

Brings me to 6.98/35 for the month!
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Hi everyone! Today was a rest day so no new miles today. I missed walking, but my work & family schedule really didn't allow for it. I've gotten so I really crave my little workouts which would have seemed ridiculous 6 months ago as I was anti-exercise :wink:

Happy Wednesday, we're more than halfway through the week!